Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

TheAgent posted:

did donald trump blow up the world? are we all living underground and fighting an unwinnable war against the slow mutants? what happened in the final season of game of thrones? did I finally finish the great american novel? did chris roberts release star citizen the mvp?

I have so many loving questions dude

I've been asked to tell you the Vancouver Canucks won the Stanley Cup and then everything sort of broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
My family bred rabbits for a brief period, but they were a pain in the rear end to keep. Better to just buy rabbit meat from the market (or trap them ;d) if you're not making a business in selling them.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Imagine getting a bug report from QA every day telling you that doors still don't work.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

thatguy posted:

Imagine getting a bug report from QA every day telling you that doors still don't work.

And every code that breaks them has /*Fixed by CRobert*/

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

thatguy posted:

So today we're doing the nerdiest possible adaption of the Greek mythical figure Sisyphus,

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kellanved posted:

My family bred rabbits for a brief period, but they were a pain in the rear end to keep. Better to just buy rabbit meat from the market (or trap them ;d) if you're not making a business in selling them.

They go in the mouth you know

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So today we're doing the nerdiest possible adaption of the Greek mythical figure Sisyphus,

At least Sisyphus wasn't trying to push a boulder up a mound of poo poo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Ho Lee Crap!! The theory-crafting in this LumberYard thread is amazing. They actually think that, beyond being a licensor, Amazon cares one bit what happens to Star Citizen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/67w168/amazon_lumberyard_beta_19_introduces_gpu/

This article hit today: Amazon: A year in the Lumberyard. Not a peep about Star Citizen.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"Thrusting Lesnick aside as Sisyphus wished he could the boulder."

Still my favorite thread quote of all time.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm skipping ahead to ask you guys my questions. Is there a reason why the Star Citizen graphics are so high contrast? I tried watching it on Twitch to see what it is, but I feel like I'm not able to see anything clearly because of glare.

There is no sane reason. It's just a lovely looking game when you aren't in a York hangar.

Over half the time AP posts a screen cap it takes me a minute to even figure out what's wrong since everything is so blah and blends together and/or is contrasted to poo poo.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
CIG Frankfurt sure are putting a lot of work into the Levski landing zone that was finished and fully playable eight months ago at Citcon.

Frankfurt QA is testing the Stanton system map including landing on moons! Not shown: anyone testing landing on moons.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello going far far back, july 2016

TheAgent posted:

here's some bc idaf
  • Roberts and Sandi are being paid for each position they hold; so CEO, director, producer, screenwriter for chris, sandi as vp, actress and producer
    between the two of them they've made over $4m in the last four years (that we know of at least, no counting company paid for poo poo)
  • amd and rsi are no longer partners or on speaking terms
  • wanna know the reason you're seeing so many artists working on shirts and hats? gotta build all of them for the sq42 cutscenes, which (as of right now) takes place in combat and non-combat areas, so crobbers wanted everyone off duty in civ garb
  • problem with that is, you gotta test all the mocapped models with the hyper realistic clothing poo poo they have, which is broken as gently caress and produces hilarious bugs that take the artists dozens of hours to fix by hand
  • roberts spent nearly an entire day trying to describe what he wanted a bomber jacket to look like
  • the real time damage model (which they spent a TON of time working on) has to get tossed out
  • chris said he wanted water on worlds to behave like morrowind water (lol)
  • they can't get ship to ship docking to work without it blowing both ships up, this has been a problem for months and months
  • can't get more than 32 players in an instance without the client and server destroying themselves
  • can't get FPS npc ai in the game without breaking a shitload of stuff
  • all the [redacted] dudes are on the take from RSI, except there's a problem with getting paid (I think the top guy from redacted is taking most of it, honestly)

there's been your RSI gossip for the week
I've decided to see how each leak shook out over time
  • Unknown: No one has the financials so no one can know for sure. But it is against SAG-AFTRA rules to not be paid for different production roles.
  • Confirmed: AMD is no longer sponsoring Star Citizen or at Star Citizen events. Intel is now a major sponsor.
  • Confirmed: Artists are putting out hundreds of different costume combinations, seen across many AtVs.
  • Unknown: Bomber jacket story cannot and will probably never be confirmed. However, weeks later an AtV showed stills of Rhys-Davies' character wearing a WWII style bomber jacket.
  • Confirmed: The damage model shown in late 2015/early 2016 has been replaced. Current real-time damage model is ship dependent.
  • Unknown: Water and planets still not available in-game. Since only moons are in 3.0, what water will ultimately be like is left to the 3.x and 4.0 series of patches.
  • Confirmed: Ship-to-ship docking is now removed from the game (collars are not in use and according to CIG, will not be used). Boarding is available via EVA. If anyone can find the post where they confirm this, I'd be grateful.
  • Confirmed: Anything above 12 players in the PU currently makes things unplayable. 3.0 will not address this issue and has been moved into the 3.x series of patches.
  • Confirmed: Still no FPS AI. Rudimentary NPCs (such as static quest givers) will be available in 3.0. However, FPS AI has been moved into the 4.0 series of patches.
  • Unknown: [Redacted] is still humming along, providing tons of free ships to viewers. However, INN completely exploded when the core team of content creators realized they were doing a ton of work but not reaping any of the benefits. The team moved on to form Relay. I think either I confused the two or the leaker did.

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 27, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

aleksendr posted:

Perspective of someone who raised rabbits for 8 years :

Go ahead. Take a pot, line the bottom with carrots, potatoes and onions, cover your rabbit in mustard, add thyme, salt and peppet and bake at 350 for 2 hours (add another hour if its a big rabbit or you left the potatoes whole). Add a little red wine, port or dark (but not bitter, it will ruin the meat) beer if its your fancy and enjoy a fine meal. Goes well with a chasseur sauce and some sautéed mushrooms.

They have a short lifespan (3 years in the wild, 4-6 in captivity, dont beleive people telling you rabbitits can live 8-10 years, those are the rabbit equivalents of a handful of Tibetan monks living past 110) They literally die from the lightest virus (Its very hard for them to breathe trough the mouht, so the tinyest ammount of nasal congestion will kill them) and the males will gently caress themselves to death by exhaustion if given the opportunity.

The recent trend of rabbits as pets is something petshops and vets absolutely love. The little things die quick (so you buy another one) and cost a fortune in healthcare if they ever get sick.

A dog will love you without fail for 10+ years and even the worst cat will snuggle with you once in a while. Rabbits are mother nature food for predators. Dont play with your food.
The vet said my rabbit was the oldest one he'd ever seen. I'd had him one month short of 10 years exactly - the shelter had no idea how old he was when I adopted him. He was the best. He was affectionate, and snuggled with me while I played video games. He was sick twice in those two years, one of which was just some drops to help him clear his guts.

I would absolutely recommend loving a rabbit for however long you can, because they are cute as gently caress, have plenty of personality, and don't require the real estate that a dog or cat does. They're good dogs, brent.

quote:

and the males will gently caress themselves to death by exhaustion if given the opportunity.
:same:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

going far far back, july 2016

I've decided to see how each leak shook out over time
  • Unknown: No one has the financials so no one can know for sure. But it is against SAG-AFTRA rules to not be paid for different production roles.
  • Confirmed: AMD is no longer sponsoring Star Citizen or at Star Citizen events.
  • Confirmed: Artists are putting out hundreds of different costume combinations, seen across many AtVs.
  • Unknown: Bomber jacket story cannot and will probably never be confirmed.
  • Confirmed: The damage model shown in late 2015/early 2016 has been replaced.
  • Unknown: Water and planets still not available in-game.
  • Confirmed: Ship-to-ship docking is now removed from the game (collars are not in use and according to CIG, will not be used). Boarding is available via EVA.
  • Confirmed: Anything above 12 players in the PU currently makes things unplayable. 3.0 will not address this issue and has been moved into the 3.x series of patches.
  • Confirmed: Still no FPS AI. Rudimentary NPCs (such as static quest givers) will be available in 3.0. However, FPS AI has been moved into the 4.0 series of patches.
  • Unknown: [Redacted] is still humming along, providing tons of free ships to viewers. However, INN completely exploded when the core team of content creators realized they were doing a ton of work but not reaping any of the benefits. The team moved on to form Relay. I think either I confused the two or the leaker did.
Anyone can do that you just got lucky idiot shut up gently caress you also most of the stuff you said is wrong anyway.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Crap!! The theory-crafting in this LumberYard thread is amazing. They actually think that, beyond being a licensor, Amazon cares one bit what happens to Star Citizen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/67w168/amazon_lumberyard_beta_19_introduces_gpu/

This article hit today: Amazon: A year in the Lumberyard. Not a peep about Star Citizen.

Amazon stole / licensed the implementation of GPU particles (which have been a thing since at least 2010) from CIG (who still havent added GPU particles into cryengine star engine lumberyard)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
crazy to think that was almost a year ago

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

crazy to think that was almost a year ago

That's the thing. Hell it was a year ago where it was leaked that Ep1 of SQ42 was delayed until Dec 2017. Granted I got a laugh but thought no way, that is way too far out there. And here we are. :v:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

going far far back, july 2016

Was that your July Blog?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Agile Development:
http://i.imgur.com/4xNrvZa.mp4

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I'm the Dragon Balls.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

Was that your July Blog?
dereks blogs are just immense elaborations of this thread for the most part

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
the greatest prediction of them all

quote:

This game, as has been pitched, will never get made. Ever. There isn’t a single publisher or developer on this planet, who could build this game as pitched, let alone for anything less than $150m.

i forget who said it tho

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
brings new meaning to the term butt stock

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

That's a great one, is there a full video somewhere of it?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa8z6baMTMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVYcpfk3-g

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Star Citizen aliens looking good.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

That's a great one, is there a full video somewhere of it?
It's from AtV.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Not the same without a floppy dong.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

Chris Roberts invented particle effects. That's the only reason Amazon is putting that in their engine. Chris Roberts did it. He did it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

It's from AtV.

They must think the backers are complete suckers.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Wonder what gave them that impression.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

brings new meaning to the term butt stock

Folded butt stock

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

Chris Roberts invented particle effects. That's the only reason Amazon is putting that in their engine. Chris Roberts did it. He did it.

Chris Jong Roberts

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

walkin right into a folded butt stock on my internet ghost wandering time

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

walkin right into a folded butt stock on my internet ghost wandering time

New thread title :cawg:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
End of ATV. Community Feedback section.

"We heard your feedback, so now we're going to give you more merchandise! Yay, new things to buy!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The best part is that a cornerstone of CIGs defense is that Chris is taking his time and only releasing things once they are perfect.

I don't know how they can continue to say that with a straight face, but I guess the alternative is admitting that Chris releases anything he can if it means "meeting" a deadline. Of course what's released is with 4% of the features supposed to be included, but hey, the version number incremented to a new confusing value.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 28, 2017

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

20 minutes of QA people defending their existence.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Holy poo poo the Batman VR thing is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

End of ATV. Community Feedback section.

"We heard your feedback, so now we're going to give you more merchandise! Yay, new things to buy!"

Not a bit surprised!

CIG loves you though, and values you backers highly. They even built you a special place where nobody can say bad things, and is barely connected to the Internet, where you can go. :)