Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Unoriginal Name posted:

Yeah, I meant the change they reverted. It's back to concentrating the poo poo out of the loot, so you either go big city for garaunteed chances (and brawls) or just randomly get hosed in the outskirts

I mean prior to today in the inadvertent state I'd regularly loot 3 houses in the outskirts and not find a single gun of any kind. Now there's (again) at least the chance of kitting up in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If he thinks that's cool wait till he hits puberty and cums in a thing.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Before this patch, easily more than half my deaths were in the first minute of a round due to coming up completely empty handed. Hopefully that's fixed and I can die to some other new and exotic bullshit.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

rap music posted:

Before this patch, easily more than half my deaths were in the first minute of a round due to coming up completely empty handed. Hopefully that's fixed and I can die to some other new and exotic bullshit.

Now you can die in the first minute with a gun in your hands!

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
For the first time ever I found a SCAR as soon as I landed, killed two guys, found an AKS and already had fitting optics for both rifles before the first circle had contracted and the game crashed. This patch is therefore awesome but also terrible.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I dont want to sound like a oval office here but this game does not work well on poorspec systems. I'm sure this will be resolved farther into development but i reckon it will still be a game that requires pretty high spec'd systems

edit: considering i've been on poorspec machine for the last 8 years I feel your pain :(

It's not any big secret that optimization is usually a finalizing step in development. Even if you have full faith they'll hit 1.0 release on their schedule that's still ~6 months out which is a long time for that sort of thing.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I once survived the thunderdome in the military base, left with a scoped rifle and M416, fully kitted out in tier 3 armor, attachments and supplies out the rear end, 7 kills, only to crash into a tree while trying to run over a naked man and then getting wasted by his 12g before I could get out of the buggy. A+ good game

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

bees everywhere posted:

I once survived the thunderdome in the military base, left with a scoped rifle and M416, fully kitted out in tier 3 armor, attachments and supplies out the rear end, 7 kills, only to crash into a tree while trying to run over a naked man and then getting wasted by his 12g before I could get out of the buggy. A+ good game

That's your problem right there. Even in duos I won't get in those things, they're death traps- it's so easy to shoot people out of them, and it's actually hard to miss the person sitting in back, you could hit the tires and they'd still take damage.

Our squad likes to enforce the bridge tolls from the military island, and I don't think a single buggy has ever made it over the bridge. In a Dacia or a UAZ you might get lucky or good enough to get through without everyone inside dying, but no chance in a buggy.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

aniviron posted:

That's your problem right there. Even in duos I won't get in those things, they're death traps- it's so easy to shoot people out of them, and it's actually hard to miss the person sitting in back, you could hit the tires and they'd still take damage.

Our squad likes to enforce the bridge tolls from the military island, and I don't think a single buggy has ever made it over the bridge. In a Dacia or a UAZ you might get lucky or good enough to get through without everyone inside dying, but no chance in a buggy.

The buggies also handle really poorly compared to the dacia in addition to being death traps.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
All vehicles in this game are beautiful and good.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Yodzilla posted:

All vehicles things in this game world are beautiful and good.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

All vehicles in this game are beautiful and good.

For real, slam that Dacia, 2" spacers and a lil camber and you're in business.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
if you're not drifting in a Dacia and blasting Running in the 90's over global chat you're playing the game wrong

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I taxi people in solo in my dacia. Its fun :)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VikingSkull posted:

if you're not drifting in a Dacia and blasting Running in the 90's over global chat you're playing the game wrong

https://streamable.com/eks7x

Dacia drifting is the way to go.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

They need to add car mods. I want to find flame decals and oversized spoilers

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

trip report: dropped in to the military dorms and cleaned up!

let's see how it goes!

e: I died. :(

Guy camping the bridge tagged me and I slammed in to some barrels. Managed to get a heal off and as I laid into him with 3-4 solid SCAR shots a buggy tried to run me over, missed, and got melted by Vector. Me and bridge guy died to circle. :(

rap music fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 28, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I killed seven guys in a row with a micro uzi hiding in a little shack in the middle of nowhere. They just ran in one at a time. I had to boogie because of the circle. The moment I left I got domed by some guy in the trees with an SKS.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Efexeye posted:

i really really want a kill cam

This would be a fantastic quality of life feature. So often I'm playing for a while then suddenly I'm dead and I don't even know where the shots came from.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Blue circle is my real enemy in this game. So hard to chase it sometimes and I usually run rather than look for a vehicle. I have no idea where they typically spawn.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i dropped into the school and somehow nobody else did despite being right along the path and i found nothing but crossbows and pistols inside.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Do you run faster when you have your weapons on your back? It seems like you run faster or at least the running animation itself is faster when your hands are empty.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Raged posted:

Do you run faster when you have your weapons on your back? It seems like you run faster or at least the running animation itself is faster when your hands are empty.

You definitely move faster with guns put away, but there's a real risk/reward thing at play given how easily the delay associated with readying a weapon can get you killed.

imo it really should be much faster to switch to handguns, as that would at least give you a reason to carry one around after the first minute of the game

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
No word on the NA leaderboard and stats? I know most don't care, but I love my leaderboard and stats.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pistol, unarmed, and grenade are the fastest. Then melee, then SMG, then AR, then sniper, then shotgun.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

LGD posted:

You definitely move faster with guns put away, but there's a real risk/reward thing at play given how easily the delay associated with readying a weapon can get you killed.

imo it really should be much faster to switch to handguns, as that would at least give you a reason to carry one around after the first minute of the game

Pistol running speed is the same as unarmed, so... your concerns have been addressed! Hooray! SMGs are only very slightly slower, followed by anything that takes two hands.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The only time I have a weapon out is if I'm looting buildings, otherwise I always put my weapon away. I would rather have the tiny, tiny marginal speed boost that comes with having it away if I'm in the open and start getting shot than the ability to respond by firing back at the person who has the drop on me. They already have their gun lined up on you and are presumably firing from cover, so the moment you slow down to aim they are gonna pop you, this especially because people get such huge tunnel vision that they aren't going to stop shooting regardless of if you're hitting or not. Your biggest concerns in that reactive scenario is to find out where they are shooting from, how many of them there are, and where the best cover is according to your intel at that moment.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
just won my first. circle was in the middle of the ocean. last circle was a rock in the middle of the ocean. sat on a rock and shot three dudes, fell, took 99 damage from the water. Ate a bandage and somehow the other guy fell to his death???? just heard a splashing sound and won. 8 kills. felt Real Good.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

aniviron posted:

Pistol running speed is the same as unarmed, so... your concerns have been addressed! Hooray! SMGs are only very slightly slower, followed by anything that takes two hands.

No, the equip/transition speed, not footspeed. I don't care about them being useful when running (I like the inherent trade off that exists now), I'd like swapping to a secondary to be a more viable chcoice instead of just reloading. Though given how deadly this game is it's not like that will ever make more than a marginal difference.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Raged posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCsdZayKRmg&t=340s

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I've had like 3 crashes since the latest patch :(

slowly lose sound and then crash

queeb fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 28, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yo come watch me and ben smash/a squad get thoroughly owned

https://www.twitch.tv/serious_overchill

complete with doggo cam natch

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Do it, I might take my tits out! (I will not be on cam)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

queeb posted:

I've had like 3 crashes since the latest patch :(

slowly lose sound and then crash

I'm glad its not just me, it usually seems to happen as soon as it transitions to the airplane.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'm glad its not just me, it usually seems to happen as soon as it transitions to the airplane.

yeah steam forums/reddit are full of people crashing. hopefully they are able to push a hotfix before going on vacation. crashed every game so far

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I think I found a fix for the crashes but now I'm finding NO GUNS EVER. Did they revert the patch or something?

Anyway if you are crashing, try going to window's sound options and disable all playback devices except for your main one. I think that helped.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

LGD posted:

No, the equip/transition speed, not footspeed. I don't care about them being useful when running (I like the inherent trade off that exists now), I'd like swapping to a secondary to be a more viable chcoice instead of just reloading. Though given how deadly this game is it's not like that will ever make more than a marginal difference.

That is a pretty good idea. Right now I just throw any pistol away once I have another gun because I'll never switch to it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha The Culling is doing a free weekend and is on sale.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Crashing just about every other game now. Before the patch I hadn't had a single crash in 200+ games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
I had a few crashes, then I exited out of everything except steam and discord and that seemed to fix it.

• Locked thread