Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

The thing is, the gm is making decisions off of what the scouts and coaches give him. They didn't fire those guys, so that information isn't going to change much after like, the combine / pro days, if even then, so...

OK, fair enough, but there's still decisions about positions of need and how they are prioritized, as well as general draft strategy. I would think other teams couldn't count on the ex-GM to have correct information about that stuff, and without it... well, you know which prospects the Redskins scouts liked I guess?

Also LOL if the skins didn't make everyone involved in their drafting sign NDAs that are enforceable regardless of employment status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
The nice thing about the Packers having four gigantic holes to fill is there'll be plenty of picks they can make I'll be happy about

Or they'll trade down out of the first because gently caress everything

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
:laffo: Browns fans http://dailysnark.com/browns-post-pic-twitter-ahead-nfl-draft-get-roasted-fans/ :laffo:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Has this been posted yet because...lol.

http://deadspin.com/nfl-insists-on-having-draft-in-front-of-museum-obscure-1794716306

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Since the jersey was retired last year it's only fitting the Browns take Trubisky #1 so the process can start again.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Cross posting with Seattle thread:

Anyone interested in going to the Seahawks draft party at CLINK event center today? Doors open 4pm, draft starts 5pm. Seahawks pick #26 so like 3-4 hours later if they pick in the first round. I plan to get there with my kid around 400 for the random activities on site. Can get +2 more people. PM me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not for nothing but I dont trust any Jets source to know what a Pro Bowl level TE is.

quote:

Jets source tells Sal Paolantonio that Alabama TE O.J. Howard looks like "an immediate Pro Bowl level player." Howard, Jets coaches believe, can make an impact in the offense of new offensive coordinator John Morton, who came from the Saints, who featured former TE Jimmy Graham. Howard could be the pick at 6, Paolantonio reports.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They should have James Earl Jones announce the top 10 picks. As Vader.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Me and the rest of team analytics breathe a heavy sigh of relief

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/857691979181895681

Nov 6, 2002

Cool. When all the QB's are gone at #12 they can panic and trade for Jimmy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No panic in analytics, it's a 4 year death march until they're the Bengals and riding Teddy Bridgewater to a yearly wild card loss for the next half decade.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not for nothing but I dont trust any Jets source to know what a Pro Bowl level TE is.

Came from the Saints... Drafting a tight end in the top 10... I'm sorry, Jets fans. :(

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gonna post this one last time. 9 signed up so far.

quote:

:siren: Predict the pick contest :siren:

http://predictpick.nfl.com/?icampaign=ptp-nav-draft_hp

I set this up if anyone else wants to join. Submit a mock draft, it's pretty easy to fill out.

Group: SAGoons
PW: goon2017

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The NFL in one news story.

Nov 6, 2002

I hope it rains so bad someone doesn't get their pick in in time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Gonna post this one last time. 9 signed up so far.

I joined, I guarantee I am wrong on at least 25 picks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I joined, I guarantee I am wrong on at least 25 picks.

Oh yeah, if I get 5 right it's a huge success.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

I'm cool with McCaffrey.

But, I wasn't hot on the idea Mayock has of the Eagles drafting Mike Williams since we already have Alshon....

....but, Alshon Jeffrey & Mike Williams opposite of each other sounds like fun :getin:

Alshon is an inconsistent injury problem. This ain't Madden.

He won't stop you from drafting Mike Williams if you think he's a true #1 worthy of a 1st

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I doubt there's anyone who hasn't seen this yet but if you're looking to draftchat with the rest of SAS join us at

Invite: https://discord.gg/yHHYezh

Mobile users also welcome

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh god pleeeeeeeeeeease

https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn/status/857704674840981509

(Just not my dumb team)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I am legit concerned that Mahomes and Kizer will both go before the Texans pick and they'll panic and take Webb or something

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Of course, Matthew Fairburn works the Bills beat, so the person that told him that probably works for the Bills and is trying to drum up interest in their pick at 10.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Would actually really love the Chiefs trading up for Mahomes, both because funslinging, and because then I can turn off the TV and go to bed at a normal hour.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Mahomes could just chuck the ball as far as possible and watch Tyreek run under it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Intruder posted:

Mahomes could just chuck the ball as far as possible and watch Tyreek run under it

:fap:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

kiimo posted:

This post is the equivalent of the mom who is out of touch walking into the mall in the early 80s past women clawing each others' eyes out and saying I've heard of this cabbage patch doll can you sell me one please

Well Mahomes won't be there, but the Browns traded the 12 for the 13th pick for a 6th rounder when the Ravens took Ngata so this should cost a conditional 7th at most, but LOL Browns, they also traded a 2nd to move up one spot to take Winslow Jr.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

I am legit concerned that Mahomes and Kizer will both go before the Texans pick and they'll panic and take Webb or something

Webb will be better than both

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nathan Peterman will be the second best QB of this draft.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I hope it rains so bad someone doesn't get their pick in in time.

Beautiful day today, sorry

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Go Eagles, Go Ravens, don't gently caress up this draft. Thanks!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/857672210898718725

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol no chance

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Don't listen to LaCanfora

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would be, they just hosed this up with Gordon, don't think they'd do it again.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Whatever keeps Philly from picking him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

please

this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Granted, I'd rather have Mccaffery than Gordon, but that's not the issue

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The seahawks have even used their original 1st round draft pick in the PC/JS era, they believe in the whole draft as many people as possible, they only have 7 picks which is like the fewest in the PC/JS era, complete bullshit they will trade up.

if they do any trades they will trade back

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Carl Weathers is the guest commenter on NFL network tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005