Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
1-C
2-B
3-A
4-C
5-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

1. B
2. A
3. B
4. A
5. C

Let's burn it all down.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

C
C
B
C
C

More Mongols? Anarchy? Jains? West Africans vs Haidan-Mesoamerican norman expies in America? All hell yes.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
1-B
2-A
3-B
4-A
5-C

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

1-C
2-B
3-A
4-A
5-C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
1 - C
2 - B
3 - A
4 - B
5 - C

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

B
B
C
C
B

Interested to see how this vote turns out!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
3. B
4. A

I don't mind about the other votes, they all sound equally cool.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C
C
B
A
C

Re: other regions - I like the idea of having something special/real crazy about Australia. It don't think I've ever seen get much attention in LP's so something to spice it up would be interesting. I don't have anything solid yet, but I'll think on it.

E: Oh man, how could I forget ZearothK's Hansa LP? Now THAT was an interesting Australia. So, ok, Australia has memorably affected an LP once, but still.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 27, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C
C
A
A
C

I want Flamboyant Schemer's Denmark level of fuckery worldwide

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
1. B
2. C
3. B
4. B
5. B

Plague is the only thing that can tear me from my love for the second letter of the alphabet

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
B
B
A
B
C

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
C
B
B
B
A

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

C
B
B
C
A

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
C
A
A
C
C

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

B
C
C
B
A

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
B
C
B
B
B

shades of blue fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 27, 2017

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
C
B
C
A
C

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
1 B
2 B
3 C
4 A
5 B

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

1 - A
2 - B
3 - A
4 - C
5 - C

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
1A
2B
3B
4C
5B

Muslim Americas (again), the land of the rising sun possibly standing dominant, peace on the seas of Malacca, the Nahua spreading their wings. Give me the Not!Daimyos of Madagascar and a Confucian Japan rather than a Buddhist one and I think I'd be set for this LP.

EDIT: I figured my ideas could get expanded and explained. It began with me reading a thread on Reddit, on the "History What If" sub, where someone asked what would have changed if the Zulus went through a modernisation effort similar to Japan's Meiji Restoration. The highest voted answer explained that the Zulus as a comparatively new state with little in terms literacy, administration and economy didn't really have a whole lot to expand upon. A bit further down that thread another user listed a bunch of other African states of the time that would've stood a much higher chance of having their own Meiji restoration occur. One of these was the Merina Kingdom of Madagascar.

As for Confucian Japan it ties into the "Buddhists and Jain flee to Indonesia" answer. It sounds like one where Buddhism doesn't get a lot of influence over China and similarly doesn't really influence Japan either. As such I imagine Confucianism could get an even larger influence, whatever this entails in terms of Lore or Mechanics.

Luhood fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 28, 2017

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
1 - B
2 - B
3 - A
4 - B
5 - C

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

1. C
2. B
3. A
4. A
5. C

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
1. B
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. A

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

1. A
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. A

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

1. B
2. C
3. A
4. C
5. B

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
C
B
B
C
C

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
B
B
B
A
A

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
C
A
C
C
C

Raserys fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 27, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A
A
B
B
A

Just by looking I can hear a bell ring!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

1 b

2 a

3 b

Maximum resurgence of Buddhism, Buddhist warlords having conquered chunks of southern Japan from Southeast Asia with the support of the Southern Chinese states.

4 c

5 c

While the Mediterranean has been the land of Abrahamic conflicts, West Africa and Mesoamerica have come into close contact and closer conflict.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
1. C
2. C
3. C
4. C
5. B

Maximum barbarism for East Asia, but a strong Mesoamerica and West Africa. Mostly, I'm disappointed that the Mongols did not manage to get further in the West in this timeline.

Edit: changing my vote for Japanese Buddhist mobs.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 28, 2017

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

B
C*
A
C
C

*My actual intention is to pick the Ikko Ikkiest option for Japan, and this sounded like the correct one.

Ageofbob
Sep 16, 2011
C
C
A
A
C

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

1. B
2. C
3. A
4. B
5. C

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
A
B
C
B
B

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
B
B
A
C
A

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A
B
B
C
B

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

C
C
B
C
C

Does voting C regarding Japan mean that the Ikko-ikki are present in this timeline?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

1 - A
2 - B
3 - B
4 - C
5 - C