Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Whatever keeps Philly from picking him

??

He's 3 down player and will return punts too.

IMO he's a more talented Westbrook. I would be happier than poo poo if he fell. I don't want to trade up for him though.

Right now I'm leaning toward trading down, taking Davis in the 18-22 range, and using the extra pick on another DE/CB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I'll be at the Browns stadium for their draft party so I'll report back after the picks are made :suicide:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
this is the most excited I've been for a draft since booing the Benson pick

the highest the bears have selected in the NFL era, likely the highest in my lifetime (because the NFL favors the big city teams too much to let them be insanely bad losers instead of mediocre)

too bad it's in a year where the best players are in less prestigious positions (te, SS) , and the other best guys are injured (fs, cb) or have other huge flaws like the defensive ends

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Webb will be better than both

I'm really down on Webb, like to the point where I think I might rather just wait and take Josh Dobbs if it came to that.

That doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm really down on Webb, like to the point where I think I might rather just wait and take Josh Dobbs if it came to that.

That doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong though.
I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't feel pressed to take him before Friday.

If they miss out, oh well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Webb will be better than both

Did you also love Brock Osweiler

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DennyBurkholder/status/857718849596162048

:drat:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not for nothing but I dont trust any Jets source to know what a Pro Bowl level TE is.

I prefer Hooker but I wouldn't be upset at this pick.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/857711757573279744

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Not in Cleveland but I can't help thinking this is an accurate mood for the city.

https://twitter.com/Daniel_K_Hahn/status/857714528645206017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Major red flag - he's clearly only interested in being a QB for the endorsements

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Jymmybob posted:

I'll be at the Browns stadium for their draft party so I'll report back after the picks are made :suicide:

I remember the footage from the Browns party when they picked Richardson and Weeden in the first.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I prefer Hooker but I wouldn't be upset at this pick.

I'm fine with Howard. The last Pro Bowl TE the Jets drafted was Mickey Shuler in 78.

Holy poo poo how can one team be so bad at drafting offensive players?

QB - Jeff Blake doesn't count so Ken O'Brien, 1983
WR - Santana Moss, 2001
RB - Freeman McNeil, 1981
TE - Mickey Shuler, 1978

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm fine with Howard. The last Pro Bowl TE the Jets drafted was Mickey Shuler in 78.

Holy poo poo how can one team be so bad at drafting offensive players?

QB - Jeff Blake doesn't count so Ken O'Brien, 1983
WR - Santana Miss, 2001
RB - Freeman McNeil, 1981
TE - Mickey Shuler, 1978

They usually don't even try to draft offensive players heh.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Holy poo poo Blair Thomas was a number 2 overall

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://twitter.com/BleedingGreen/status/857680986309619712

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

They usually don't even try to draft offensive players heh.

Heard it tossed around a bunch the last few days that they've drafted defensive players the last 8 years in the first round.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm so proud of him :stwoon:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Did you also love Brock Osweiler

No

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Can you get that at Kohls?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Tweet got deleted but Deshaun's shoe game is on point tonight

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Didn't completely rip the guy's head off. I'm not sure he's ready to step up and be the leader that this team needs.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Blitz7x posted:

Don't listen to LaCanfora

No no let them take him. Let Adams/Hooker fall to us.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The draft will be on all of the NFL apps broadcasted live right? it's just been showing the same drat 20 minute Mayock Mock for the last 3 hours.

Also, what's the chat room info

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sup goons

At Everbank Field, pumped to see this bad team make a bad pick

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope the Seahawks get Kevin King but they'll probably just trade down like they do every year :geno:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I have no strong feelings about the Panthers draft. v:shobon:v

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I have to admit, I honestly wouldn't be mad if the Saints picked him if he fell to 11. We need defense more, and we just got AD, but I could see it happening to fill the Bush/Sproles role.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is there a gdt for tonight .

midwat
May 6, 2007

euphronius posted:

If there is not a place where I can laugh with strangers at the team that takes Mahomes, I will be very sad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I won't know how to react if the Chiefs move up and take a QB in the first round.

I feel like most people know the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first round since 1983. But also, that's the only one. They've done it once. It's disgusting. Years of shoving Matt Cassel and Steve Bono down your throat and not even trying to get a QBOTF.

No pressure.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I am mildly anxious and massively hype. Sucks im at work but whooooooooooooo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh god NFL Network is doing a twitter feed. I don't want to see the unfiltered opinions of gormless idiots.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

RumbleFish posted:

I have no strong feelings about the Panthers draft. v:shobon:v

Just don't draft a white person.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Just don't draft a white person.

The best draft advice I've ever read.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jeffdarlington/status/857737135159488512

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

euphronius posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818639

If a better one comes around, I'll feel free to close.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I won't know how to react if the Chiefs move up and take a QB in the first round.

I feel like most people know the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first round since 1983. But also, that's the only one. They've done it once. It's disgusting. Years of shoving Matt Cassel and Steve Bono down your throat and not even trying to get a QBOTF.

No pressure.

This was still AFL but Pete Beathard was the 2nd overall pick. Also you can't say they never hit on a QB, they drafted Roger Staubach!

Haha, stats were different back then but old Pete played in 110 games over a 10 year career and put up a career 44.9 completion % with 43 TDs to 84 INTs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

JT Jag posted:

Sup goons

At Everbank Field, pumped to see this bad team make a bad pick

What's up my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

BlindSite posted:

I am mildly anxious and massively hype. Sucks im at work but whooooooooooooo.

took a day off and loving having the wife laying on the dad guilt. 10am beers is good tho

• Locked thread