Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

I should get PPT, but after I watched the grandmaster stuff at agdq I'm worried about getting stomped by Tetris gods

The online ranked matchmaking so far has been pretty good about finding some equally bad players now that I've put about 25 matches in to figure out where my skill level is. You will still stumble upon Japanese Grandmasters depending on when you play but honestly I love playing those people too because you can save the replay and watch the madness happen in slo motion and maybe try to parse how these Neos perceive the Matrix of Tetris blocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In my first match I got paired with some Korean fellow who absolutely loving destroyed me at Tetris. I was very humbled by his ability to match lines like fuckin' Stephen King's coke stash in his writing heyday. Therefore I have resolved to get better so I can beat people like him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also hey, those guys who had left criterion ages ago and made that game that was a kind of bad version of Crash Mode from burnout except you were a golf ball realized they probably should have just made a Crash Mode ripoff in the first place and it's coming out in a couple of weeks
http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/danger-zone/

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
PPT is gonna kick you in the balls a few times but it's a good game and the matches where you are outclassed are mercifully short.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would buy puyo puyo tetris but I like tetris like 30x more than I like puyo puyo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I would buy puyo puyo tetris but I like tetris like 30x more than I like puyo puyo

You can just play Tetris then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also bought it for Tetris but playing through the story mode was a good way for me to learn Puyo Puyo as well and I'm starting to get the hang of setting up chains and such

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In Training posted:

Also hey, those guys who had left criterion ages ago and made that game that was a kind of bad version of Crash Mode from burnout except you were a golf ball realized they probably should have just made a Crash Mode ripoff in the first place and it's coming out in a couple of weeks
http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/danger-zone/

Someone already posted about this here or in the PS4 thread but I appreciate the reminder and I hope someone posts about it when it actually comes out, too. Looks so fun. Man, Burnout was one of the few racing games (or series, w/e) that I cared about.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
When's panel de pon switch / switch attack / switch puzzle league

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

You can just play Tetris then

The style of tetris in ppt is very different from the gameboy tetris that a lot of people think they are getting. Instant drop was an alien concept to me when i got ppt and was expecting to play a game that got faster and faster.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Anybody post this yet? Not Puyo Puyo Tetris and old but still Tetris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

The style of tetris in ppt is very different from the gameboy tetris that a lot of people think they are getting. Instant drop was an alien concept to me when i got ppt and was expecting to play a game that got faster and faster.

It still does get faster and faster, it's just that I don't think Vs. matches do. The Endless Marathon mode in 1P Arcade is just Tetris.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I also bought it for Tetris but playing through the story mode was a good way for me to learn Puyo Puyo as well and I'm starting to get the hang of setting up chains and such

Maybe I'll buy it then

it's surprisingly hard to find a good version of tetris in 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It still does get faster and faster, it's just that I don't think Vs. matches do. The Endless Marathon mode in 1P Arcade is just Tetris.

Oh my copy was japanese i dont actually know how all the modes work. I sold it last summer because i never thought it would come out and id have people to play

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

quote:

Because of a popular theory regarding Waluigi originally being designed as a Pokémon, some have claimed that his presence in Mario Kart is the closest Nintendo has come to including Pokémon in the racing games.

:raise:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

And the pieces keep falling into place.

Wa'

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light
Surrender now or prepare to fight

WALUIGI NUMBER ONE

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm trying to think of a segue into posting this video, but I can't, and I'm gonna do it anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9PClQKOmg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

While playing Persona 5 I was on a major Japanese food kick, but now that's done I'm settling back into more variety. I found out that a brunch place opened near me that does both American Diner-style and Mexican, I hope I can get chorizo and pancakes. Also it is where an auto shop used to be, so I have high hopes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

But hey, that's just a theory....

a GAME THEO:barf:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I liked the racing in burnout more than crash mode

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

But hey, that's just a theory....

a GAME THEO:barf:

my roommate has been listening to whatever this podcast is while she does art and i can't for the life of me understand why

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gotm for me is Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cowcaster posted:

my roommate has been listening to whatever this podcast is while she does art and i can't for the life of me understand why

Dire Wraith, Pod Person, Replicant, Cylon, take your pick.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Did you know that sans from undertale is actually ness from earthbound??

There's nothing saying they aren't!!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

FirstAidKite posted:

Did you know that sans from undertale is actually ness from earthbound??

There's nothing saying they aren't!!

And if Toby Fox does say there's no connection, MatPat will delete his comment anyway just to save face!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Just like how Ness is named after the Nintendo Entertainment Senter, Sans is named after the SNES

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what is the name of the podcast

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is this that Chapo Trap house everyone is talking about

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this that Chapo Trap house everyone is talking about

No, that's the level after the first levels where you get Yoshi that's supposed to be a puzzle type area

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had a dream where some old friends, some of which I hadn't seen since high school, came to my parents' house and challenged me to a marathon race of all three Dark Souls games, except my copy was haunted! The elevator between the chapel in the Undead Burg and Firelink Shrine broke down and I lost a bunch of time!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
One of May's PS+ games is going to be Tales From the Borderlands and you Sony folks better play that poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tales from the boring qte jankfest

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Telltale games since Walking Dead Season One are all bad

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Telltale Games are legendary, you just don't get it.

I don't blame you though, it takes a true gamer to appreciate the storytelling tour de force that is the Telltale Games Experience™

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm playing sniper ghost warrior 3. You can find Priceless Art around and take it and Jon chucks it in his house without a care because he's an rear end in a top hat

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Wolf Among Us had its moments but my god the ending was baaaaaaaaaad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Metroid - The Telltale Series - Episode One: Adam

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

Telltale Games are legendary, you just don't get it.

I don't blame you though, it takes a true gamer to appreciate the storytelling tour de force that is the Telltale Games Experience™

I hope you like Clem talking about having her period because that happens in the latest walking dead episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whens telltale sam and max season 4

• Locked thread