Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Where's my goddamn email notification that MK8 has shipped and will be here tomorrow, Amazon? :mad:

I'm not going to get my copy of MK8 for a month am I?

Amazon is pretty good about getting stuff out on release day. I think they have copies at their distribution centers ready to go so they don't show as shipping until they are actually on the way to your address or something. That's how it has been for me in the past anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you live in a big area that Amazon delivers to itself, you probably won't see it shipped until tonight when they load it onto the van for tomorrow. Even if not, they sometimes ship things overnight and it also doesn't show as shipped until the late afternoon.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I downloaded from the JP shop since I have to work early tomorrow, let's see how this goes...

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I live in the boonies so my MK8 shipped yesterday evening lol, but it'll come around 9:30 am and I dont' have work tomorrow so carting is in my future

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

wow, I loving hate the automatic steering in MK8D, turn that poo poo off asap

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

.TakaM posted:

wow, I loving hate the automatic steering in MK8D, turn that poo poo off asap

uhhh... yeah its for babies lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm very happy about it, my three year old will be able to play

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lol decided to play some Puyo Puyo Tetris docked with the pro controller. Accidental hard drop due to lovely D-pad not 15 seconds into my first match. Guess I'll just stick to handheld mode for Tetris. Too bad there's no way to rebind hard drop to something else. Thank god MK8 doesn't use the D-pad like at all.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

enojy posted:

Lol decided to play some Puyo Puyo Tetris docked with the pro controller. Accidental hard drop due to lovely D-pad not 15 seconds into my first match. Guess I'll just stick to handheld mode for Tetris. Too bad there's no way to rebind hard drop to something else. Thank god MK8 doesn't use the D-pad like at all.

Yeah, I really like the Pro controller for literally everything else but the joycons are the obviously superior implement for PPT, the game with the sexual bear

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

enojy posted:

I played with my pro controller and had no issues. Have you tried just pressing the dpad directions instead of just mashing your thumb all over it or whatever you are doing? I prefer the separate buttons of the joycon but I see no issue with the pro controller Dpad.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tyma posted:

Picked up a Switch yesterday, and the Headphone volume is painfully low.. Which really sucks, because the game I picked up first is Voez.

I assume this is an 'European Legislation' thing, like it is for Sony hardware. Is the volume likely so low because :

a) I bought an EU console?
b) I selected an EU region when I set it up? (I've changed the region in option to Japan, but no luck)
c) My headphones (Sony MDR-XB950) can't draw enough power from the console?

Even if I connect the headphone jack into a pair of mains-powered speakers, Voez is unplayable :ohdear:

I wouldn't call it unplayable but it's definitely lower than I'd like it to be and very apparent when comparing the same headphones with any other device I own. It's not an issue for me normally but on a plane it's annoying that the headphone sound is barely louder than the ambient noise.

I'm in North America btw

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
My Switch is loud as heck on my sennheiser hd 600s

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

enojy posted:

Here's a tip - you can play switch docked with the joycons too. In fact, they.... SWITCH to pretty great separated handheld controllers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just think how it will sound with actual headphones

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How dare you.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Tender Bender posted:

I wouldn't call it unplayable but it's definitely lower than I'd like it to be and very apparent when comparing the same headphones with any other device I own. It's not an issue for me normally but on a plane it's annoying that the headphone sound is barely louder than the ambient noise.

I'm in North America btw

Guess a mini amp is the answer? I'll buy one this week and trip report.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I played with my pro controller and had no issues. Have you tried just pressing the dpad directions instead of just mashing your thumb all over it or whatever you are doing? I prefer the separate buttons of the joycon but I see no issue with the pro controller Dpad.

there's a pretty common defect with the pro controller where pressing left sometimes registers as up and right as down

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

that's surprising! i wouldn't expect the amp in the switch to be that capable

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Brainwavz HM9 and HM5's sound fantastic on it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

Of course, I use the very ends of the directions, but if I don't hit it perfectly in the center, there's a chance it'll register up or down instead.

Badass Samson BoI seed with Brimstone and Book of Sin in the first Devil deal and many other good drops: 1PFJ A4PF. Everything's melting.

Cardboard Box posted:

there's a pretty common defect with the pro controller where pressing left sometimes registers as up and right as down

Mine's not like that; it feels like a design flaw. I can easily rock my D-pad up and down from the very edges of left and right and I really wish it wasn't like that.

enojy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 28, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo. So my kid woke up from his nap today (He's 4) and was like... what are we going to do? I said, how about... MARIO KART?

And he was like "We HAVE that?!" and I said yes. And watching him play now, I have never seen him more excited.

All the feels.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lol? Idgi, sennheisers rule

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
so the 70 dollar premium controller is actually a piece of poo poo? hmm

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

HyperPuma posted:

It's not. I've had zero issues with my dpad and the rest of the controller is great.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

No, it's good.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
many people saying its bad, weak dpad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The dpad is the best current dpad on a controller. Those people are loving stupid

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Holy shitballs, tomorrow is also the release date for Little Nightmares.

This is going to be the best 3 day weekend ever.

[also the Switch pro controller owns]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

The dpad is the best current dpad on a controller. Those people are loving stupid

The sony dpad is better but too cluttered near stick and share button for my tastes. Switch dpad is ok but its stiff and chunky vs older nintendo pads imo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I've only used the d-pad to change items in Zelda but it's been good so far I guess

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

The sony dpad is better but too cluttered near stick and share button for my tastes. Switch dpad is ok but its stiff and chunky vs older nintendo pads imo

I disagree. The dpad on the DS4 is spongy. The negative you listed I'd consider a positive.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DS4 dpad is kinda mushy but it's pretty much impossible to press one direction and accidentally register another, which is more important

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

I disagree. The dpad on the DS4 is spongy. The negative you listed I'd consider a positive.

For what games? I gotta qcf and dp on this thing, dogg. Spd is out of the question.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

acksplode posted:

DS4 dpad is kinda mushy but it's pretty much impossible to press one direction and accidentally register another, which is more important

Yeah, I can press down on the lower part of the left dpad on the DS4 and the direction will still be left, unlike the $70 Switch Pro Controller dpad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

If you push a segment from the side you will get the direction you push in rather than the button actually. This makes rolling motions register better but can gently caress people up sometimes i guess if they are holding the button while also pushing it to the side and get a diagonal from only the one button

In summary, sega saturn dpad should be mandatory on all controllers

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The bone controller has the best d-pad of the current lot, low travel and clicky. They turned 180 from the 360 and walked away

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I can press down on the lower part of the left dpad on the DS4 and the direction will still be left, unlike the $70 Switch Pro Controller dpad

Except that doesn't happen with my switch pro controller?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

What time will I be able to buy Mario Kart on the US e-store? I'm in the Central time zone.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

robot roll call posted:

So, if I am understanding correctly, if I buy a code for the game on amazon.jp and redeem it on a japanese eshop account I will also have access to the NA version of the game?

Never mind; I was completely wrong. Sorry.

Douglas Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 28, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Norns posted:

Except that doesn't happen with my switch pro controller?

a lot of peoples' do, mine included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

a lot of peoples' do, mine included.

You should probably exchange your defective controller

• Locked thread