Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I can press down on the lower part of the left dpad on the DS4 and the direction will still be left, unlike the $70 Switch Pro Controller dpad

People were mad because the buttons on the joy cons couldn't be used the way you're complaining about. Now you're mad because the dpad can be used the way everyone wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Norns posted:

You should probably exchange your defective controller

probably, but i have a friend who has exchanged it twice and both replacements had the same problem so i'm not exactly eager to roll the dice.

Cojawfee posted:

People were mad because the buttons on the joy cons couldn't be used the way you're complaining about. Now you're mad because the dpad can be used the way everyone wanted.

that's not at all the issue. you shouldn't press left in any way and have it register as another direction.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 28, 2017

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Norns posted:

Except that doesn't happen with my switch pro controller?

God drat...that must be an extremely professional controller

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

acksplode posted:

God drat...that must be an extremely professional controller

No not professional.

Pro

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
It's just a manufacturing variant

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I thought the month I waited to actually find a Switch in stock would at least guarantee revision joycons but nooope.

When clipped in the square holder, left side becomes unresponsive 10 feet away. Clear line of sight, no aquariums nearby.

Bought another set. Same problem, but I suspect at $80, most joycons are still launch-day stock.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i guess if you cant press the button right you should stick to a different controller

pros only

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I play as Bowser because I love to run all the small bitches off the road and then laugh at them.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I feel like single Joy-con mode in Puyo Puyo Tetris should have an option to hold the Joy-con upside down so you can move/drop with the buttons and rotate the pieces with the stick.

Also the Pro Controller has the best d-pad of anything current and thanks to it I've finally been able to unplug my SNES controller from my PC.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

eddiewalker posted:

I thought the month I waited to actually find a Switch in stock would at least guarantee revision joycons but nooope.

When clipped in the square holder, left side becomes unresponsive 10 feet away. Clear line of sight, no aquariums nearby.

Bought another set. Same problem, but I suspect at $80, most joycons are still launch-day stock.

The good news is it only takes 4 days to get your joycon sent and returned.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

I play as Bowser because I love to run all the small bitches off the road and then laugh at them.

Yeah good luck getting an inside line to do that while I blaze past you as Peach.

Edit: You fat turtledragon gently caress.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

No. You get the JP version with all the menus and such in JP with no language options.
(I confirmed this on the one I just bought in the way you described.)

It showed up full English for me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cardboard Box posted:

that's not at all the issue. you shouldn't press left in any way and have it register as another direction.

That's actually what people want. People praise the playstation dpad because you can have your thumb on the right button and move it around to also push the up and down buttons.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

robot roll call posted:

It showed up full English for me

Same for me, all English and a day early. It was a pain to set up but it's worth it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just wait a few more hours, idiots.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm ready for this kart. I am ready for the honest American physical cart!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

No patience in this crowd. Do something else and then play mario kart tomorrow and then many years after because it is a good game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm gonna be the real winner when Reggie is giving you eshop cheaters swirlies

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm going to keep playing puyo puyo until I can consistently make 8 chains

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

SO there's no elimination battle mode just timed battles is that real?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I should get home right after it's supposed to be on the NA e shop hell yeah baby!!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'm getting physical because of GCU and rewards money from buying the switch at best but

*buy

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Does time trial have online leaderboards? Because I'm a huge dork that mostly plays time trial in racing games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How does selecting Miis work on MK8D? Is it like the U version where you can only pick Miis marked as favorites? If so how do I make favorite Miis on the Seitch?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tetris sometimes registers a hard drop from pressing left. No amount of "WORKS FOR ME" will change that. Like I've seen streamers say the same thing, people on the forum say the same thing, it's a issue.

It thankfully doesn't matter too much as it's Tetris and lol at getting heated about it when rounds go as fast as they do but it does kinda suck.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Does time trial have online leaderboards? Because I'm a huge dork that mostly plays time trial in racing games.

Yup. For both 150cc and 200cc this time.

Do we know if the game will be available digitally in 3 hours? I want to buy this game I bought 3 years ago again early as possible.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

No. You get the JP version with all the menus and such in JP with no language options.
(I confirmed this on the one I just bought in the way you described.)

You change languages in Switch games that support multiple (which is most of the ones that have been released internationally, PPT being the only exception as far as I can tell) by changing the Switch's system language in preferences. No one has language options in-game.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Okay, so I mashed in my SanDisk 128 GB microSD card, powered up the Switch, and right after the Nintendo logo came up, it said it needed to update the system. So I let the faceless update run and after restart the card was fully recognized. Performed a format just to make sure. The system version didn't change.

So, the update to support microSD cards is faceless and separate from the v.2.2.0 system update. Eh.

Edit: Amazon says I won't get my bitter tasting Kart until Tuesday?!! You have failed this city, Amazon Prime.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 28, 2017

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah good luck getting an inside line to do that while I blaze past you as Peach.

Edit: You fat turtledragon gently caress.

Do you not know who captures Peach in all the Mario games nerd. Check and Mate.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Those people who would rather hit you than the Japanese Rosalina player in first place.

This is a hell worse than Funky Kong

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Anidav posted:

Those people who would rather hit you than the Japanese Rosalina player in first place.

This is a hell worse than Funky Kong

Sometimes in life we don't race for first place, but just to do better than the guy next to us

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Sometimes in life we don't race for first place, but just to do better than the guy next to us

Absolutely awful.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
The New Nintendo 2DS XL

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: if you don't 100% exclusively use Wario.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: if you don't 100% exclusively use Wario.

Waifus have been apart from Mario Kart since Double Dash and Sassy Gamecube Daisy

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I lied about picking Roy all the time, but I do appreciate his style.

I'm a Rosalina man through and through.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost
I saw Target's obnoxious Mario Kart display at the front of their store and checked to see if they had any consoles. Lucky me, there were two left, so I'm now the proud owner of a Switch and Zelda. This was probably a terrible decision right before finals week.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do yourself a favor and don't even unbox that poo poo until after finals

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:yeah: Zelda will consume you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do yourself a favor and don't even unbox that poo poo until after finals

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:yeah: Zelda will consume you.

I disagree. Unbox that poo poo now. Zelda will consume you.

• Locked thread