Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
We have emerged fully-formed from our goon cocoons, ready to debate correct paint schemes and historically accurate armour patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Show me your cupolas and be judged.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Knowing that we are officially sticking to 7th for the foreseeable future is relieving. It at least acknowledges they know it effects 30k and they have to decide what to do with it. I think there's a fair chance we might see a proper branch coming down the road

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Let's all buy titans in solidarity with forge world.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

My templates :qq:

I do hope we get a Horus Heresy ruleset. I am super positive about the new edition of 40k, but I honestly think ForgeWorld doing their own thing may be a good and more balanced thing. Other than a few exceptions (looking at you 2 wounds on Sekhmet Terminators) the difference between the strongest and weakest 30k factions have never been the huge Gulf that they are in current 40k.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What are the firing arcs on the stormhammer like?

I'm thinking of getting a baneblade for my planned militia list just because it costs $140 instead of like $200 and can be magnetized into 8 different tanks, but the stormhammer is mechanically better and cheaper.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I do hope we get a Horus Heresy ruleset. I am super positive about the new edition of 40k, but I honestly think ForgeWorld doing their own thing may be a good and more balanced thing. Other than a few exceptions (looking at you 2 wounds on Sekhmet Terminators) the difference between the strongest and weakest 30k factions have never been the huge Gulf that they are in current 40k.

Yeah I definitely think they could refashion what they have now to be great, especially considering the relative balance we already enjoy as well as the similarity in unit selections for everyone.

I don't think any new players are buying FW stuff. We are the Custodes of spending money on toys for children rn *glistens in liberator gold*

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Also now is a great time to start trowling ebay for fire sales. I'd hold onto your red books until 30k rumors start dropping, but you should flip your rulebooks if you haven't already

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:siren: Never sell rulebooks :siren:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are you Ghost Handing, bro?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Nevermind

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 24, 2017

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

Knowing that we are officially sticking to 7th for the foreseeable future is relieving. It at least acknowledges they know it effects 30k and they have to decide what to do with it. I think there's a fair chance we might see a proper branch coming down the road

Didn't they say that 30K was affected by 8th ed from day 1 as well?

EDIT: It appears I misheard.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 25, 2017

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm looking forward to 8th coming to Horus Heresy, since I'd like a faster playing and easier to understand game for all my expensive toys. The game will also eventually die if new players need to learn a completely different ruleset than 40k, as nobody will want to get into a game more complicated than it is expensive.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

SRM posted:

I'm looking forward to 8th coming to Horus Heresy, since I'd like a faster playing and easier to understand game for all my expensive toys. The game will also eventually die if new players need to learn a completely different ruleset than 40k, as nobody will want to get into a game more complicated than it is expensive.

This threads mascot is Perturabo, patron saint of making things as complicated and expensive as possible.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I honestly think that FW is taking the right approach here. They really can't do their own ruleset as 30k has always been an expansion of 40k. That's not going to change. Now, they might alter some things, but the basic rules will be the same.

I also think that temporarily continuing to use 7th is the best way to handle this. They could poo poo out a pdf if they really had to, but I doubt it would be anything but a mess. I'd rather them take their time and update the red books for use in 8th. Insert a dumb joke about Inferno here.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can see it going both ways. We're already confirmed to get branched from 8th. The question is- will we migtate to 7.5 or 8.0 edition? Sticking to the core rules is certainly possible, but having a separate offering that appeals to different people is also pretty common product branding.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Will initiative and sweeping be kept? Just started cleaning up Fulgrim for assembly.
:qqsay: - Forums Poster Lord_Hambrose

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When they drop initiative give the emperor's children ASF across the board or I will cry.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I can see it going both ways. We're already confirmed to get branched from 8th. The question is- will we migtate to 7.5 or 8.0 edition? Sticking to the core rules is certainly possible, but having a separate offering that appeals to different people is also pretty common product branding.

FW doesn't have the resources to maintain a branched ruleset and balance units at the same time, it'll be 8th wholesale with Legion rules worked around the new way of doing things.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ijyt posted:

FW doesn't have the resources to maintain a branched ruleset and balance units at the same time, it'll be 8th wholesale with Legion rules worked around the new way of doing things.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Brand new rules and model support. They can certainly do it:

If they stick with the BRB we'll just get even more tightly written rules, FAQ support, and timely delivery that FW is known for

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

If they take their time and approach this carefully it will be fine.

Inferno took years to release; and it was incredible. I have a high degree of confidence in the FW crew

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

When they drop initiative give the emperor's children ASF across the board or I will cry.

I assume Emperor's Children will get lots of stuff like that to spend Command Coins on. I know it was mentioned that going first when charged was a thing they would be able to do, so I would be OK with an enhanced version of that ability and bonus base move on everything.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a command coin?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Special in game currency you can buy using the Warhammer App to reroll a dice

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Come join slack, friend

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a command coin?

Whatever the resource you spend to activate your special powers is called. Command Points, I believe.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Ok so got progress on my :toxx: Lord of war model, it's not 100% complete but i was able to go from base coat silver into table top ready in 2 days because I have an event to attend this weekend coming up and I had poo poo all painted :shepicide:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Killer_Bees! posted:

Ok so got progress on my :toxx: Lord of war model, it's not 100% complete but i was able to go from base coat silver into table top ready in 2 days because I have an event to attend this weekend coming up and I had poo poo all painted :shepicide:

Lookin' good man. I like how it's just Chaos-y enough without being overboard.

That reminds me: is there any particular level that our toxxed LoW needs to be painted to, or is it just "what you're happy with?"

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

Lookin' good man. I like how it's just Chaos-y enough without being overboard.

That reminds me: is there any particular level that our toxxed LoW needs to be painted to, or is it just "what you're happy with?"

The goal here is spending money mostly, so just something you're happy to put on the table. Showing off is of course highly encouraged though.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Quick update on my LOW. Marine for scale.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I hope Forums Poster JBP will join me in a candle light vigil for the Emperor's Children.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

Quick update on my LOW. Marine for scale.

Some expensive jersey barriers

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

Some expensive jersey barriers

But he got some free models with them, so it's all good.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The big one in the back is very artisanal. Note the finger prints in it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Killer_Bees! posted:

Love this and your snek magos duder

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope Forums Poster JBP will join me in a candle light vigil for the Emperor's Children.

I have removed my Fulgrim from his base and set him up on a tiny shrine to which I offer silk ribbons and glam riffs every morning.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This is fun!

This is... oh god that's only 15 and they're not even done.

e: Future ones are going to have silver-painted skeleton arms because of discount cybernetics.

moths fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 28, 2017

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

hello i also have emperor's children

i originally did iron warriors so i am feeling really at home right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I'm just happy I don't have to Sweeping Advance anymore! Man it sucked running down and killing all of my opponent's mans!