Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Boy this Prey sure is loving terrible.

1. Mimics are cool for about 5 seconds. Then it becomes a reload tax. Oh 5 jumped me and I'm dead. Guess I should always sneak or reload. None of the baddies are fun to fight.

2. God awful ear splitting terrible techoish bullshit jumpstart/fight music.

3. Controls. What the gently caress. This developer has better controls. Every developer has better controls.

I feel a lot of dishonored 2 DNA. What with the quicksave In a console game that's necessary because the gameplays a bit crap. The way people look. The wheel with healing there and a quick direction bar. I had a lot of problems with dishonored 2 but this is so bad in comparison. Having trouble making myself finish the drat demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
STILL SALTY ABOUT PREY 2

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

3. Controls. What the gently caress. This developer has better controls. Every developer has better controls.
There's no sign of it coming out here so what is wrong with the controls? Isn't it a FPS-like thing, since it's being compared to Bioshock (in space lol)? How do you mess that up in this day and age?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Play something like Titanfall 2 or DOOM and then try to play Dishonored 2 if you want a literal control nightmare.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It feels like you're controlling a boat. Mimics like to zip around and I found myself losing track of them. With a mouse I'd probably be able to keep up with them no problem.

Game seems cool but it definitely isn't something you should play on a console and given the developer's last effort on the PC front (it being really buggy and unoptimized), it's a wait-and-see kind of game. On top of being a story-driven FPS, which you shouldn't pay full price for.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's no sign of it coming out here so what is wrong with the controls? Isn't it a FPS-like thing, since it's being compared to Bioshock (in space lol)? How do you mess that up in this day and age?

Its got too much acceleration for analog stick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played the Dishonored 2 demo a few weeks back and it's unbelievable how bad the controls, specifically the aiming, feel. You've got some sort of serious input lag/ acceleration issues mixed with a crosshair approximately one pixel wide.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Moving the stick moves your vision really slow. Tilt more its really slow. Tilt more its really slow. Tilt all the way its pc twitch shooter fast.

It feels really bad. It might be for picking up all the poo poo you are picking up in this game? It feels like the a first person puzzle game setup. But worse.

Then you try to shoot a thing and its terrible. And the little shots kill you fast for you not being able to hit them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I played the Dishonored 2 demo a few weeks back and it's unbelievable how bad the controls, specifically the aiming, feel. You've got some sort of serious input lag/ acceleration issues mixed with a crosshair approximately one pixel wide.

I literally just finished 2 playthroughs of dishonored 2 yesterday. And launched this today. I can assure you this is way way way worse.

I also thought dishonored had bad controls. But this is a new lower level of hell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought the bad controls were just me being rubbish at shooters lol

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Like, I get that there's a lot of intricacy to getting FPS controls to work well on a controller, but probably the last ten FPSs I have played on consoles got it pretty much just right, so I figured it was a closed issue across the whole industry.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My friend , let me tell you of an FP"S" called "Fallout 4"

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master
Night Trap Theme 7" coming soon via Limited Run. Audio remastered by yours truly. You heard it here first, fellers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Edit: Wrong thread.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Play something like Titanfall 2 or DOOM and then try to play Dishonored 2 if you want a literal control nightmare.

I played both of those and thought Dishonored 2 controlled fine. I wouldn't give it any awards for it's controls, but I didn't find them distractingly bad or anything. I mean, yeah it's a much slower game so that will be really noticeable coming off either of those games I guess.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Like, I get that there's a lot of intricacy to getting FPS controls to work well on a controller, but probably the last ten FPSs I have played on consoles got it pretty much just right, so I figured it was a closed issue across the whole industry.

Yeah. I thought I agreed with that. It just makes poo poo controls stand out that much more.

I've gotten older games on steam that 'support' controllers, but they were not made for it or had effort put into it. It feels a lot like that.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Finished the main story of Gravity Rush 2 for real and the ending was... OK. The execution was pretty great, but the story consists of about a dozen half-baked ideas and concepts, and none are fully developed. And in the last hour or so they basically put in everything they could come up with little regard to whether it made sense or not. Sid is Alias! Sid used to work for Kat when she was a Queen-goddess! Kat fell to the city below before Sid but he was already a cop there when she showed up :psyduck: I guess a God/wizard did it?

Kat and Raven are two halves of one whole! What does this mean? When were they separated? What is the point of this statement? :shrug: Who knows.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

And since they aren't giving review copies to reviewers :haw: there's no way to know of complaints about the poo poo demo made them change controls for release. Fuuuuuckkk offff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom didn't have review copies. You must trust Bethesda

:discourse:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

It also didn't have a terrible demo that I played.

Not like I have a lot of skin in the game. I'm debating if I should gamefly it at launch or wait for reviews. I just wanted Bioshock in space. Not whatever that was.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
and of-loving-course I had naively assumed that all external hard drives would just be surplus normal 2.5 drives stuck into an enclosure, only to discover that western digital stuck ultra fat special versions that don't have sata but rather the usb built in to the drive. Goddammit. I guess I just have to use it with the external storage thing instead in order not to waste the 70 bucks...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

Finished the main story of Gravity Rush 2 for real and the ending was... OK. The execution was pretty great, but the story consists of about a dozen half-baked ideas and concepts, and none are fully developed. And in the last hour or so they basically put in everything they could come up with little regard to whether it made sense or not. Sid is Alias! Sid used to work for Kat when she was a Queen-goddess! Kat fell to the city below before Sid but he was already a cop there when she showed up :psyduck: I guess a God/wizard did it?

Kat and Raven are two halves of one whole! What does this mean? When were they separated? What is the point of this statement? :shrug: Who knows.

Yeah i sold my copy cause it was like a disappointment elemental radiating from the shelf

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

texting my ex posted:

So what games are gonna show me the sweetest graphx on my new PS4 pro and 4k TV? I already got Horizon Zero Dawn. I also think No Mans Sky is absolutely loving gorgeous (and it is an actual game now)

I would think HZD, being a lot newer, would best capitalize on a PSPro and 4K TV. With HDR.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

What's in no mans sky to make me insert this disk thats been taunting me since launch?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doom didn't have review copies. You must trust Bethesda

:discourse:

Remember that everyone was expecting Doom to be complete poo poo based on Bethesda's marketing and multiplayer beta until Nvidia released a gameplay video to showcase some graphics thing and everyone went, "Oh that actually looks fun"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

It also didn't have a terrible demo that I played.

Not like I have a lot of skin in the game. I'm debating if I should gamefly it at launch or wait for reviews. I just wanted Bioshock in space. Not whatever that was.

Doom did have a terrible demo though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Doom did have a terrible demo though.

What the gently caress.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played the Doom demo and bought the game the next day I was so impressed.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
New TV, Bloodborne, Resogun, the Order, and probably something else each with an hour or two on them, and here I am just playing old Megaman games from the collection sale I think I'm doing this wrong..

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played the Doom demo and bought the game the next day I was so impressed.

Not the same demo. Prerelease was mp only. Current demo launched 3 months after the game iirc

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Not the same demo. Prerelease was mp only. Current demo launched 3 months after the game iirc
It seems like it took Bethesda right up until the eve of release to realize what people like about Doom.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I consider Doom being as good as it is a miracle. It should be the paragon of remakes trying to capture the essence of what made the original so good.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah i sold my copy cause it was like a disappointment elemental radiating from the shelf

I wouldn't go that far though. Falling through the sky was still fun, and I enjoyed the new light gravity powers. Jumping 30 feet felt really good.

Controlling Raven was pretty fun for the 5-10 minutes you get (haven't played the DLC). Also, there's a quest where you cure a man of his alcoholism by dressing up as a bar hostess, running to every bar he enters, and telling him the bar's closed. For three nights in a row :lol:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah, this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah I see

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

New TV, Bloodborne, Resogun, the Order, and probably something else each with an hour or two on them, and here I am just playing old Megaman games from the collection sale I think I'm doing this wrong..

If you're having a good time you're doing it right.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Bought Trackmania Turbo. It's really fun and addictive. Quite disappointed there doesn't seem to be a setting to set your default camera view, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember that everyone was expecting Doom to be complete poo poo based on Bethesda's marketing and multiplayer beta until Nvidia released a gameplay video to showcase some graphics thing and everyone went, "Oh that actually looks fun"

That's a complete understatement.

Here's the E3 demo;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7g6BfvU6A8

For most of it DOOMguy just walks around, firing slowly and :nallears:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anrvBD4aTGY
The nVidia trailer, however, just goes SPRINTBANGBANGBANGMURDERMURDERSPRINTGIGAMURDERMEGAMURDERALLMUSTDIEFORDOOMGUY:flashfap:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There was some good footage buried in some other E3 videos but people only watched that terrible trailer. There was one that was about 30 minutes with some good hell footage that sold me on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Boy this Prey sure is loving terrible.

1. Mimics are cool for about 5 seconds. Then it becomes a reload tax. Oh 5 jumped me and I'm dead. Guess I should always sneak or reload. None of the baddies are fun to fight.

2. God awful ear splitting terrible techoish bullshit jumpstart/fight music.

I feel a lot of dishonored 2 DNA. What with the quicksave In a console game that's necessary because the gameplays a bit crap. The way people look. The wheel with healing there and a quick direction bar. I had a lot of problems with dishonored 2 but this is so bad in comparison. Having trouble making myself finish the drat demo.

I finished it. Game is like deus ex with worse shooting in a bioshock map with worse art direction and a silent hill level of locked doors.

The interface is so bad too. Try to loot a body and its like tap but dont hold then hold but dont tap and if you do it wrong annoying other actions take place.

Spend the whole game swinging a wrench at headcrabs and reading emails no thanks