Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Dr. Stab posted:

hopefully they print Mouth // Mouth next set.

Is there an actual, rules-related reason that they can't re-use halves of split cards? It would be neat to see some new combinations using already existing halves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

If you want to see SaffronOlive play that gideon deck in an actual comp league he's streaming it now

https://www.twitch.tv/mtggoldfish

Eikre
May 2, 2009
We were talking about what the alpha White Boon should have been a bunch of pages back and I just wanna say they shoulda chosen an effect that benefited three creatures and then used Oath of the Horatii as the art.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

Is cat already banned on MTGO or does it not take effect there until Friday?

It's in, they had a short downtime this morning to reset the Standard league.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

AceClown posted:

If you want to see SaffronOlive play that gideon deck in an actual comp league he's streaming it now

That guy's voice is basically the aural equivalent of TyPing LikE THis.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AceClown posted:

This deck fills me with some sort of hosed-up joy.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Death Bot posted:

I'm positing that wasteland creates more games than it ends, just shut up and be agreed with Steve!

I'm agreeing with you mostly! But it's complicated!

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Gideon Tribal is basically a weird midrange deck and like all midrange decks, is preyed upon by Tron.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Bob Huang says DRS should be out the Legacy door next and honestly I agree now that top is gone.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I think it is too early to be discussing further legacy bans

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm more annoyed by how he finds really creative ways to pronounce card names. Like Seera Angel.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Star Man posted:

I'm more annoyed by how he finds really creative ways to pronounce card names. Like Seera Angel.

I'm more annoyed because he brays like a donkey whenever he finally manages to assemble his 17 card combo against some poor hapless fool.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lone Goat posted:

I'm more annoyed because he brays like a donkey whenever he finally manages to assemble his 17 card combo against some poor hapless fool.

That gets me too. I understand a sigh of relief after a tough match, but it's Magic over the Internet, not a god drat 100 meter dash.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Lone Goat posted:

Energy isn't mana.

I know, but he's got a few red cards that give fire mana when you attack with them.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

DigitalMocking posted:

I know, but he's got a few red cards that give fire mana when you attack with them.

What are these cards

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Lone Goat posted:

Lmbo

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Wasteland is a good and fun card. You don't like legacy if you don't like the challenge of playing around wasteland.

Seriously being wastelocked sucks but those are the breaks. Modern could use wasteland.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Wasteland is a good and fun card. You don't like legacy if you don't like the challenge of playing around wasteland.

Seriously being wastelocked sucks but those are the breaks. Modern could use wasteland.

This and also Daze and Force

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Hell yeah, at the very least an upgrade to Ghost Quarter

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

TheKingofSprings posted:

This and also Daze and Force

Oh yeah we need force in modern in a bad way.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

black potus posted:

Bob Huang says DRS should be out the Legacy door next and honestly I agree now that top is gone.

No counters, mill, planeswalkers, discard or netdecks

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

80s James Hetfield posted:

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Soul Glo posted:

What are these cards

I thought there were two, but the only one he had was Conduit of Storms, which adds one red to your mana pool when it attacks.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

DigitalMocking posted:

I thought there were two, but the only one he had was Conduit of Storms, which adds one red to your mana pool when it attacks.

Ohhh right. Man, that's a weird card.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

80s James Hetfield posted:

I don't know what this means but it's provocative. It gets the people going.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
No creatures, planeswalkers, or lands

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

black potus posted:

There's a joke here relating all the GRV's / "mistakes" he made at that big legacy tournament to this statement but I can't quite figure it out and I couldn't find anything to post from MTG Salvation

Other players known for legacy are saying similar things though

Sampatrick posted:

I only play the magic format where my deck gets to do its thing and your deck loses.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dehtraen posted:

I only play the magic format where my deck gets to do its thing and your deck loses.

So, EDH?

Edit: No like seriously I have plenty of this in EDH, from Animar becoming a large boy, play Walking Ballista, ping everyone 40 times to play Alesha from command zone with Anger in yard swing and pull Master of Cruelties out of my yard.

There's a guy in our playgroup whose goal is to just...draw cards and never let anyone have a turn ever again, the commander is Angus and it's awful.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 28, 2017

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

So moxen and other such things for mana with nothing but instants and sorceries? Do tokens count as creatures?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I'd still play Ad Nauseam

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

black potus posted:

I don't know what this means but it's provocative. It gets the people going.

Go back like 3 pages to yesterday

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Walmart (and target and a few other stores) has these 'mystery boxes' with two booster packs (which you can see) and a hidden 'deck' inside them for $19.99.

Apparently, you can weigh them (seriously, like at the produce aisle) and if they are 16oz or more they probably have commander decks in them.

Sooooooo

I went to walmart and shamefully did this. I got two that were a little over 16oz and one that was a little under. The one that was under was some bullshit mono blue intro deck. The other two were Commander 2014 decks. Ob Nixilis and Teferi. Also opened a Gideon AoZ in one of my booster packs.

So yeah that works if anyone like me can't fight the allure of mystery commander decks at walmart.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Eikre posted:

We were talking about what the alpha White Boon should have been a bunch of pages back and I just wanna say they shoulda chosen an effect that benefited three creatures and then used Oath of the Horatii as the art.

"Up to three target creatures are indestructible until end of turn" except in goofy Alpha-style wording.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

so did you just sneak in a luggage scale and use it?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

moush posted:

Produce aisle. Like where you weigh potatoes.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

moush posted:

You can take it to the produce area and use the scale. You can also get old archenemy decks so that sounds cool.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Glidergun posted:

"Up to three target creatures are indestructible until end of turn" except in goofy Alpha-style wording.

The Alpha wording for indestructibility is actually surprisingly concise. It's just "cannot be destroyed".

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You can just literally walk into Walmart with a pocket scale (those exist, you can pick one up for under ten bucks) and weigh them in full view of their employees and they will not give a single gently caress. My brother used to do this all the time with packs of Pokemon cards, the EX rares or whatever had a type of foiling on them that weighed an amount noticeably larger than normal cards so he was able to scoop up all the valuable packs and crack them to sell.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

He's also consistently just not very good at magic, and the combination of the two sometimes makes me wonder why people give him the time of day, until I realize what most of us are like (exactly like him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

He's also consistently just not very good at magic, and the combination of the two sometimes makes me wonder why people give him the time of day, until I realize what most of us are like (exactly like him).

Cause he makes videos of funny, improbable decks. I don't watch him, but playing well obviously isn't the point of his content.