Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

I just can't wrap my head around why they aren't using a randomly selected distribution of feedback people that covers the different sub-sections of the game. It's pretty standard procedure in software to try and hit a broad spectrum of your userbase, not just the power-users, as it were. An in-game feedback system like BaS, WoW, or SW:TOR used (when they were actually in beta lol) would probably be exponentially more useful than this continued circlejerk that is the RT.

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
irony is that someone said that in his post in the RT, then that person got nuked like 2 days later along with the rest of us.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This game really is our Doobie's Doghouse.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I'm just going to run around at launch with a guild named #freeKimsemus just to royally annoy the gently caress out of everyone and fill it with pubbies who will mine rocks and poo poo hoping to get inside Goon Squad someday. That will be my mission.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
TBH sucks about RT because I feel like forge was a good guy in there and took it seriously.

But they ban people even in the public who openly deride and chide their dev process, even when presenting clear evidence so not surprised. I think it should be accepted the game is doomed, and pretty much dead on launch.

I'm all for optimism (lol jk no im not) but I think any holdouts need to accept this abortion of a development for what it is. :wooper:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 27, 2017

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

irony is that someone said that in his post in the RT, then that person got nuked like 2 days later along with the rest of us.

you got fired? Well at least Kimsemus and you have something in common.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

TBH sucks about RT because I feel like forge was a good guy in there and took it seriously.

But they ban people even in the public who openly deride and chide their dev process, even when presenting clear evidence so not surprised. I think it should be accepted the game is doomed, and pretty much dead on launch.

I'm all for optimism (lol jk no im not) but I think any holdouts need to accept this abortion of a development for what it is. :wooper:

Make a Guild and call it RT or round table and then get in the round table.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I already joked with the guild im in that I'll make a alt and give it a territory in a guild called roundtableaccessplease. Kim the funny thing right.. is that there was a permissions issue at the start of this beta where by warmaster could drop territory. So what two specific guilds did was paid masters to drop city territory. We had to abandon the guild savages like 5 days into this beta because red army paid a warmaster to do just this. So I go post in RT like 8 days into beta about how warmaster needs to have this removed so that only GM and Righthand can drop territory and there needs to be 24 hours timer like in eve where you can cancel if someone manages to get you with this. It turns into a 3 page thread and everyone is in general agreement that something should probably be done.

No poo poo like 1 week ago (now almost 1.5 months into beta?).. QueenVirgo's guild loses like 3 town plots to the warmaster bs. She goes and creates a thread "Hey this needs fixing".. 2nd post is Korn going "confirmed". I make the 3rd post saying "No offense but did no one there even bother to read my thread? I had a entire thread about this very issue the first week of this beta. This is what the 7th-8th guild this has happened to and no response??". Everyone even fucken likes the poo poo out of the post because they all read the original LOL. So anyway 2 days later the test server has it in the patch notes that it's going to be fixed and warmaster can no longer drop territories, THANKS QueenVirgo!.

Here is the kicker.. Bercilak makes his I'm going to edit RT and we neglected it etc, post. Well QueenVirgo's the GM of her guild. But because of this bug they lost all their territory. So on Monday guess who gets kicked out because welp. No territory!

The current GM of Core has something in common with you Kimsemus.

forge fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 27, 2017

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
Constant toxicity yeah that's kimsemus alright!!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Suxpool posted:

Constant toxicity yeah that's kimsemus alright!!

Puhlease. No offense to Kimsemus but I pulled pretty shameful poo poo on that forum and I didnt get kicked out. If anyone could have gotten a ban was me...

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Tempus Thales posted:

Puhlease. No offense to Kimsemus but I pulled pretty shameful poo poo on that forum and I didnt get kicked out. If anyone could have gotten a ban was me...

i've never tried to read the albion forums. i'm not a masochist.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

i print albion forums posts on 60lb linen paper and use it to wipe

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
'toxicity'

aka explaining the problems of the game out in the open

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Friends, this is why the 30-50-100bux was worth it. The continued entertainment, even after all these years of pre-Alpha BetaAlpha, has been worth it's weight time and time again.

Keep being SI, SI! Here's to ten more betas!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Actually it was in a PM.. lol

Yesterday
[3:48 PM] Sharkiesha: told talion his company was ran by autistic monkies and that carebear retards like fluffer will ruin his game, p.s Your a poo poo community manager
[5:32 PM] Sharkiesha: I got banned for PMing him that lol. Wasn't even on forum

Today
[3:57 AM] Sharkiesha: well rip boys, put in a leadership transfer request for purr to be GM, i got banned, GL rest of beta

He went to login and his account was banned.

I wonder if the idea is that they don't ever want them playing again, or they just want them to buy another box. Either way can't wait for sea of theives.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
It's always a good sign when you take on Chris Roberts' mindset of banning any and all the criticize your game, regardless of platform that the criticism occurs.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

It's always weird to me to see someone freak out and ban other people when they get personally offended. It screams "I have no objectivity and am a baby!!!". Then I remember that I post on a forum filled with ironic toxicity and so here you either harden up or get ripped into.

SA posters usually think they can give scathing criticism however legitimate and the recipient has to lay down and take it. Since a lot of the internet is a big hugbox, that's not how it usually works (unless you're posting in some other dark corner of the internet). People hate honesty when it isn't what they want to hear and in the spectrum of internet users these guys are big babies.

Basically I'm not surprised at all by this turn of events and it just solidifies how emotionally attached and devoid of perspective these guys are. Maybe the game will be fun for a short bit but I don't see it being successful if they've chosen to cater to their fanbase niche rather than the average gamer.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Just remember.. the core of their game GVG has 42 guilds who currently participate. I heard 42 of anything is a magical number which can keep entire companies afloat.

Edit: it's also not like 100% of us also told them this at least 2 years ago.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
not that i'm ever gonna defend sensitive people on the internet, but "your company is ran by autistic monkies and you're a poo poo community manager" is the sort of thing that gets you banned pretty much anywhere?

give it a try with lowtax if you don't believe me

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Suxpool posted:

not that i'm ever gonna defend sensitive people on the internet, but "your company is ran by autistic monkies and you're a poo poo community manager" is the sort of thing that gets you banned pretty much anywhere?

give it a try with lowtax if you don't believe me

Yeah it's taking it a step too far for sure. Just can't relate I guess, because if someone told me that I'd have a hard time giving a poo poo. To each their own though.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Just remember.. the core of their game GVG has 42 guilds who currently participate. I heard 42 of anything is a magical number which can keep entire companies afloat.

Edit: it's also not like 100% of us also told them this at least 2 years ago.

42 x 5 = 210 people who get to enjoy the GVG 'fun'? Brilliant.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's even less when you take into account alliances which don't attack each other.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

:words:

The current GM of Core has something in common with you Kimsemus.

Yeah this pretty much sums up SI dev competence. Can't tell you how many threads I made about the same issue that never got fixed, or how many threads I made explaining even the basic mathematics across their gearing and grind was wrong. But :wooper:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its bad

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

its bad

Woah, this comes out of left field.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

Woah, this comes out of left field.

What doesn't come out of left field is talented 2DCAT. Don't think I haven't heard your very good tracks sir.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

It's always a good sign when you take on Chris Roberts' mindset of banning any and all the criticize your game, regardless of platform that the criticism occurs.

Man, this poo poo used to happen before Chris Roberts. He just made it very high profile because of all the literal high stakes involved.

I don't get developers with a persecution complex and the fact they're so common lmbo. It's like the worst thing to have if you want to get into this industry because poo poo is competitive and you need to be able to take some criticism to actually improve but no go ahead and let that ego swell :allears:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Lastgirl posted:

Man, this poo poo used to happen before Chris Roberts. He just made it very high profile because of all the literal high stakes involved.

I don't get developers with a persecution complex and the fact they're so common lmbo. It's like the worst thing to have if you want to get into this industry because poo poo is competitive and you need to be able to take some criticism to actually improve but no go ahead and let that ego swell :allears:

i think it's because the best possible outlook for the years of work that go into making a game is that the stars line up and enough people talk your game to get it noticed. competitive imo barely describes it. also, most normal people arent sadbrained goons who curl up when they receive an avalanche of personal attacks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
what im saying is, you should consider upgrading your founders packs in light of these improvements to albion online

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

what im saying is, you should consider upgrading your founders packs in light of these improvements to albion online

consider upgrading it to a "chargeback pack" via paypal if you've purchased the game within the last 6 months.

bonuses include:

- avoiding a sunk cost fallacy
- getting your money back
- doing it guilt free, it's not your fault you bought into SI's snake oil promises

:toot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
heh jokes on them, i was only pretending to buy this game so that i could pretend to play it and pretend to enjoy it

how does it feel to know that it was meaningless :twisted:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

heh jokes on them, i was only pretending to buy this game so that i could pretend to play it and pretend to enjoy it

how does it feel to know that it was meaningless :twisted:

What an M Night Shyamalaniananianan twist. Next thing you know, Eonwe will come out and say he was only pretending to say the game was bad and it's actually good.*

* lol, when you think about it... his movies are nearly as bad as this game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i was only pretending to say the game was bad and it's actually good

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
So, this thing has emulators with better rulesets, right?

Soon?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

eonwe posted:

i was only pretending to say the game was bad and it's actually good

Same

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

What doesn't come out of left field is talented 2DCAT. Don't think I haven't heard your very good tracks sir.

His tunes are kickin rad. I listened to one this weekend and it caused me to build an entire workshop in my garage - spooky stuff

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

Actually it was in a PM.. lol

Yesterday
[3:48 PM] Sharkiesha: told talion his company was ran by autistic monkies and that carebear retards like fluffer will ruin his game, p.s Your a poo poo community manager
[5:32 PM] Sharkiesha: I got banned for PMing him that lol. Wasn't even on forum

Today
[3:57 AM] Sharkiesha: well rip boys, put in a leadership transfer request for purr to be GM, i got banned, GL rest of beta

He went to log in and his account was banned.

I wonder if the idea is that they don't ever want them playing again, or they just want them to buy another box. Either way can't wait for sea of theives.

I reposted this on the Discord server and some mod named Charlz blocked my typing rights on the main channel. I figured that if I left the server the flag would get removed so I left and rejoined and they blocked it again. Elsa (one of their discord admins) got so pissed that she forgot to type the reason for threatening to ban me in the first place, instead babbled like an infantile blubbering idiot...

I haven't had this much fun since Forum PVP was a thing and we were trolling everyone...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I, for one, am very surprised by these turn of events.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
is this game free to play yet or is it still in forever beta with founder packs. and don't tell me to check the website where it clearly lists its release date because I won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
supposedly still in final beta with a mid july launch date

after which it will be "free to play" but not really because trying to grind skills or silver without premium status is a real pain in the keister

• Locked thread