Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

There should be a "sorry I have a girlfriend" option

You can say that at the beginning of Haru's Confidant but it doesn't affect anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zore posted:

Chihaya's is even moreso. Especially since she leads you on with "you like older women, right?" in a previous rank.

"You kept coming for more than the fortunes right?"

"NOPE JUST THE FORTUNES"

I wish Chihaya's also had a "No I just wanted to prove you wrong" option.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"I was actually just hoping I could get my 100,000 yen back"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not gonna lie I was very happy when I got the 100K back, thought that was gone forever and this was before I abused mementos bosses.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was going to go with Futaba in playthrough 2 but then I saw how tall she was in the movie scene and like

I don't know if her model was scaled down or I just never noticed but she looks like she only comes up to the MC's waist in that scene and well- I think I'll just go with Haru this time, thanks.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was going to go with Futaba in playthrough 2 but then I saw how tall she was in the movie scene and like

I don't know if her model was scaled down or I just never noticed but she looks like she only comes up to the MC's waist in that scene and well- I think I'll just go with Haru this time, thanks.
I had this same thought, yeah. Her head is like, below Joker's chest.

It's a real shame cause I like Futaba's story a lot more than Makoto

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Whoever posted the official height of Sae do so for the rest of the cast, thanks

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'll edit this post with all the Phantom Thieves heights in a sec, but the wiki has Futaba listed as 4'11 and jesus christ, i am over a foot taller than you

e:

Joker - 5'9
Ryuji - 5'9
Ann - 5'6
Yusuke - 5'11
Makoto -5'5
Futaba - 4'11
Haru - 5'2
Goro - 5'10

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 28, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The average height for Japanese women is only like 5' 2" and she's got another year or two of growing left.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think futaba's about as tall as her japanese va

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope that they either get a sufficient budget or sufficiently streamlined process to start having FeMCs as the rule rather than just a special bonus feature for P3P
I'm glad you understand it's not free. People often act like it's as simple as "Why didn't they just flip the switch that would make a female protagonist magically appear?", and it's really really important to recognise that there is a cost to it, and it can only happen if you're willing to make compromises in other areas.

Of course, the real solution is to make your game for a female protagonist only, and not particularly give a gently caress if a handful of lovely male players don't feel adequately represented.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was wrong

Futaba is taller

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Moreover, it's kind of stated that her uncle really wasn't feeding her enough when she was under his care and during the phase she starts the game in she's likely neither exercising at all or eating right (no matter how much Sojiro was trying), so she's probably shorter than she should be. And yeah, she is going to get at least a little taller as she still has a year or so left. She might even have a slight chance to end up slightly taller than Haru, who's kind of stuck where she is at this point.

Also, don't shame short people. :v:

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 28, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Motto posted:

I was wrong

Futaba is taller

So tiny

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a smoother version of this but
https://twitter.com/batsugeemu/status/853999830036873216

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Active 1996 to present? Was she a child actor?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

FractalSandwich posted:

Active 1996 to present? Was she a child actor?

Apparently!

Yūki entered the entertainment industry at the age of four.[5] As a child, she acted in films and dramas. From 1999 until 2002, she made regular appearances on the variety shows Appare Sanma Dai-sensei and Yappari Sanma Dai-sensei which aired on Fuji TV. When she was in fifth grade, she made her debut as a voice actress.[5]

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Casting a child to voice a child. What a weird idea.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Back in the day, we hired people in their 30's to be our teenagers and it worked out perfectly fine, thank you very much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You usually don't want to cast children as voice actors, because of their voice changing and more volatile work ethic

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moltrey posted:

Haru - 5'2

Haru is so angry because she is tiny.

Tiny fury.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Tiny fury.

To be fair just about every teen in this game is very angry. Tiny or not.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Tiny fury.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The undercurrent of Haru being a sadist is my favorite part of Haru.
That and her outfit.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Under that sweet exterior burns the fury of a thousand exploding stars. She has the best angry murder face of the bunch.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Started a ng+ and lol, didn't remember that it was Mishima who gets drilled in the face with that volleyball :hellyeah:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haru's "hiding seething anger" line read in the harem Valentine's day scene owns so much

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I wish the game had one more palace so that Haru could have had more time to shine.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Haru absolutely should've been introduced earlier. They kinda flirt with the idea, but she joins way too late to actually be the sort of cool inside man the marketing kinda painted her as.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like it's too big for an upgraded re-release to change but yeah I'd really like Haru and Goro to join earlier, if only so they can be more of a part of the group dynamic.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was so mad when I learned that Goro learned Debilitate.
All like 'you couldn't put this on a real party member? Put this on Haru. Put this on Haru right now and leave Heat Riser for lovely murder boy.'
At least Rakunda is arguably better for the NG + boss(es).

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think we're all just wondering what Goro's palace is going to be when we go to take his heart in P5C, therefore redeeming him of the cold blooded murder of hundreds of people

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's an ihop

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

of Justice

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is it weird that I compare Goro to Frank Grimes?
lovely dude with a lovely life where he was never loved by anybody. He seems normal, if a bit stuffy, on the surface. Then goes apeshit when he's confronted with everything his life lacked.
I mean Goro has a few more murders, but other than that? Similar.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i mean the point of frank grimes is that he was right so yes i agree with you

Goro's Palace is going to be his sad lonely apartment he lives in but very very big. for real I can't imagine what his keywords would be

also I know I talked about this a page ago, but man it's lame how Futaba found out Okumura's keywords off screen and it's just "ya know space. dude likes space. named his burgers after space" Like, yeah he sees himself so far above everyone that he's literally in orbit, but they way they explained to each other was silly

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think we're all just wondering what Goro's palace is going to be when we go to take his heart in P5C, therefore redeeming him of the cold blooded murder of hundreds of people

Given how well the others took having their heart stolen, I'd say less 'redeemed' and more 'stricken with a fate worse than death.'

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

Given how well the others took having their heart stolen, I'd say less 'redeemed' and more 'stricken with a fate worse than death.'

Then with actual death as he is executed.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
He escapes and hooks up with Adachi and Takaya to start up a new spinoff series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

He escapes and hooks up with Adachi and Takaya to start up a new spinoff series.

Adachi's in jail so he'd need to escape into prison, which seems self-defeating.

• Locked thread