Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
i need to go buy zipties now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

i dislike ads

the only good ad is a blocked ad

lol if you don't hold your hand up to block your view of billboards while driving

police arrest this man for unsafe driving.

hes not got both hands on the wheel

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

none of these videos are working for me?? i am incapable of reading the titles or clicking on them

please help

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lets pose a hypethetical, lets say the best most stable, fastest operatiing system was made, but the only way you could get it was ad supported, would you still cling to your broken beta os, or move on like the rest of the people and use your saved money to buy something you actualy want?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

absolutely would use the broken beta OS. no matter how bad it was, it would still be better than having random ads for lysol and golf clubs and other useless poo poo popping up to distract me

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

absolutely would use the broken beta OS. no matter how bad it was, it would still be better than having random ads for lysol and golf clubs and other useless poo poo popping up to distract me

same

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
ads are bad for mental health

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

trick question, yall have to use linux and I get to stay in win 10

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh, well, if you can keep the level of advertising down to the level i'm capable of setting it to in w10 (which is to say: 100% opt-out-able), that's okay. advertise away as long as it can be disabled by the end user.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
that's something i don't get. people who hate ads enough to block them aren't going to jump in their car and go buy whatever crap you're peddling, so why insist on shoving ads in their face? seems to me they're helping you narrow down your target audience

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Suspicious posted:

that's something i don't get. people who hate ads enough to block them aren't going to jump in their car and go buy whatever crap you're peddling, so why insist on shoving ads in their face? seems to me they're helping you narrow down your target audience

ads still subconsciously work on people who dont like to see them

someday you will be in a grocery store or whatever and you'll have a choice between two brands, and the one you have heard of before will get your money

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I run ads on youtube telling people to suck my dick

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I love blocking ads

when I was a wee lass I used netzero free and blocked the ad it had, too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Raluek posted:

ads still subconsciously work on people who dont like to see them

someday you will be in a grocery store or whatever and you'll have a choice between two brands, and the one you have heard of before will get your money

actually, the one with the lower price per unit will get my money.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hifi posted:

i saw this and thought of this thread

aaa

burning swine
May 26, 2004

pagancow posted:

lets pose a hypethetical, lets say the best most stable, fastest operatiing system was made, but the only way you could get it was ad supported, [further reading of hypothetical not required, correct answer is no]

fixed ur thought process

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Ads!

Drink! Because we're all gonna die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcSA5KI4Lw

What was that movie which was about the ad exec who went nuts and basically made ads like "this movie will gently caress you up for life"

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Crazy People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJZEK4JP0k

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Share Bear posted:

Ads!

What was that movie which was about the ad exec who went nuts and basically made ads like "this movie will gently caress you up for life"

it's just a fantasy. if it was real and gritty they would pour their own drinks because the bartender would be gone and everybody would be making out but that would be too hot for TV

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I bet if they ironically bought out a boxy model and charges a premium on it it would get all those hipsters getting older now and having kids.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

echinopsis posted:

lmao I run ads on youtube telling people to suck my dick
how big is your ad budget

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ShadowHawk posted:

how big is your ad budget

tiny classified ads are all he needs :dukedoge:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Share Bear posted:

Ads!

it's nice to see liquor companies owning up to the fact that alcohol destroys lives and is a scourge

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Stymie posted:

it's nice to see liquor companies owning up to the fact that alcohol destroys lives and is a scourge

much

you

are

posting!!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Newegg has the best hallmark holiday ads

GET YOUR MOM A DRONE [no reason listed]

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
also jewelry such as men's watches and mardi gras beads, apparently

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

aviator glasses and fat watches and some sort of countertop fryer and beads forgotten a day after drinking

chubby dad day

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

post more tastefuly color graded ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kClHvzykylI

they hit the target for all the high end computing needs today: VR, media creation, games in a orange teal situation

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I'm the people drinking then playing vr games without throwing up violently

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'll be the guy getting ready for the intense BATTLE of witcher 3, a single player game

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Boiled Water posted:

I'm the people drinking then playing vr games without throwing up violently

surprisingly drinking helps to suppress VR sickness the same way you're able to suppress throwing up when drinking a zima, you light weight

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcq9_IsnXM

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

They still sell Zima in Japan. It's loving terrible!

mlmp

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

just saw this one

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcMSrKi8hZA

apple winning the smartphone ad business

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol that they leave their phones sitting upside down coz of the camera bump

portrait mode is a cheat huh? like it isnt actually a short depth of field, but works out what is far and close and applies a blur to the far? makes for bogus transitons so i hear

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

start a photography thread so I cant get any work done.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

somone hearts ads :D

• Locked thread