Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Spellman posted:

where do you live, hell or something

Clawtopsy is indeed Australian, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
We Love Fine emailed me back saying that Paradox Space Book 2 would be back in stock eventually but they had no idea when. The main reason I wanted it was for the full version of Vrisky Business, which was written by Hussie himself, but I found some free scans of it so now I don't know if buying the book is worth it.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Jeb! Repetition posted:

We Love Fine emailed me back saying that Paradox Space Book 2 would be back in stock eventually but they had no idea when. The main reason I wanted it was for the full version of Vrisky Business, which was written by Hussie himself, but I found some free scans of it so now I don't know if buying the book is worth it.

There's another couple of offline stories, one decent (Tavros competes in a Fiduspawn tournament), one not so (Jake does a thing), and it's a way to monetarily support the contributing artists. Ultimately it's your call.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I still want Aspect coffee mugs. They've got troll-sign ones, but if I got those, everyone would just assume I was really into astrology. But 12 Aspect mugs would just be a colorful and fairly nondescript set of mugs for my guests.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
that just reminded me how much not a fan i was of the pointy ears

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm not either, but the expressions made up for the ears and I loved that picture.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Don't they have human ears every time they're canonically shown?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What's the deal with Homestuck and people adding dumb poo poo to the trolls, physiologically

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Freak Futanari posted:

What's the deal with Homestuck and people adding dumb poo poo to the trolls, physiologically

Fetishes.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Don't they have human ears every time they're canonically shown?

The image in question is an instance where they are canonically shown so no

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

The image in question is an instance where they are canonically shown so no

It's also from an instance after the point where Hussie threw up his arms, said "gently caress it" and outsourced absolutely everything about Homestuck to random internet people though

I will ONLY accept the Spock Ears canon IF Hussie agrees to retcon Homestuck so that Nepeta has actual cat ears instead of cat ear shaped horns.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Freak Futanari posted:

It's also from an instance after the point where Hussie threw up his arms, said "gently caress it" and outsourced absolutely everything about Homestuck to random internet people though

Hussie outsourced art to fans as early as Act 4

Trolls having pointy ears is canon on the level of Jade having dog ears sorry if this offends

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Why the gently caress would Jade NOT have dog ears? She's half dog

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Look it's Terezi with pointy ears drawn by Hussie himself

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Those are horns

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Denial is a hell of a drug

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Fresh reminder:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Plom Bar posted:

Fresh reminder:

gross

why would you have vriska and not aranea, ew

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

If one existed signed and labeled "canon" I would surely post it just for you

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They don't make xxl god tier hoodies like they used to

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bell_ posted:

I'm not either, but the expressions made up for the ears and I loved that picture.

the artist had a post about that picture that was something to the effect of "i asked myself what the most Vriska thing to have on a coffee mug would be, short of a picture of herself"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh dont get me wrong i get the reason why theyd add it, creative freedom, want to experiment, distinguishing features from humans. I mean the characters have been drawn in like 5 different styles over the course of the comic (what with that hero mode nonsense, the chat portraits, sprites, etc).
I just dont find it appealing, and think its a little trite. Vriska looking like a fuckin deer or elk or whatever in that pic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
there was a period of time where, for some reason, people gave the trolls what i can only describe as cow ears

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Oh dont get me wrong i get the reason why theyd add it, creative freedom, want to experiment, distinguishing features from humans. I mean the characters have been drawn in like 5 different styles over the course of the comic (what with that hero mode nonsense, the chat portraits, sprites, etc).
I just dont find it appealing, and think its a little trite. Vriska looking like a fuckin deer or elk or whatever in that pic

Which is totally fair! I just like to goof on the idea that drawing trolls with pointy ears is compromising Hussie's artistic vision or some poo poo

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The trolls exist solely for artists to project their fetishes onto

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Trolls turning into horrible gushing fungi when turned on is still canon.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Everything is canon, nothing is forbidden

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

every fan theory about how trolls reproduce or what their genitalia look like is simultaneously true

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

there was a period of time where, for some reason, people gave the trolls what i can only describe as cow ears

I can't even visualize that. what

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

ThaumPenguin posted:

I can't even visualize that. what

You're welcome.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
at least with Tavros is kind of makes sense

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Been on the internet long enough to know not to google fictional characters and the word "cow" together if I can avoid it, which is always.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That honestly looks more like OoT-era Zelda ears than a cow.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Back to Caliborn yelling at Hussie in Act Omega, complete with a scene where I couldn't stop hearing Elevatorstuck.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

at least with Tavros is kind of makes sense
Gamzee too, because capricorn and goats.

The colored noses may have been my fanart pet peeve back in the day.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, I finally finished watching Allen Gregory.

Let us never speak of it again.

So anyway, it looks like The Best Character AKA Caliborn is doing something in Act Omega. Whoever writes Act Omega is really good at writing Caliborn dialogue. Unfortunately, I'm starting to suspect that this particular Caliborn is a dead one, the way he's going through the memories is similar to the way other ghosts in dreambubbles have realized they've passed on.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 30, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Welp, I finally finished watching Allen Gregory.

Let us never speak of it again.

So anyway, it looks like The Best Character AKA Caliborn is doing something in Act Omega. Whoever writes Act Omega is really good at writing Caliborn dialogue. Unfortunately, I'm starting to suspect that this particular Caliborn is a dead one, the way he's going through the memories is similar to the way other ghosts in dreambubbles have realized they've passed on.

I think that's a pretty safe bet, given how Hussie keeps asking him if he's sure that's what went down and how it happened. Plus, the location transition shows that this pretty clearly a dreambubble.

I think it would be a good INCREDIBLY lovely TWIST if Lord English was a separate entity to Caliborn, and much like how Scratch died to allow him entry, Caliborn died to allow him creation. Or, this is the timeline where the Extremist Reality-Destroying Calliope came from and she's about to completely dunk him.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

KaosMachina posted:

You're welcome.

thanks and yeah that's fairly odd

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My friend, in an act of boredom and wallowing in misery from a lack of updates to his other webcomics took my suggestion to start Homestuck again since he stopped reading it at some point long ago, probably due to a hiatus. I feel a little guilty for the giant pit of time I may have condemned him to.

Not being quite so crazy to start my own re-reading, I decided to rewatch Collide. Man, I really like that animation, and I really like Oppa Toby Style and Heir of Grief.

Help guys, I miss the days of daily homestuck updates, or even the days of periodic updates. :(

Also, what's happened since the end of the comic? There's still supposed to be some kind of epilogue, right? I followed that instagram or whatever thing there was for a little while but it was kinda annoying to follow, and I wasn't even sure how official it was.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

My friend, in an act of boredom and wallowing in misery from a lack of updates to his other webcomics took my suggestion to start Homestuck again since he stopped reading it at some point long ago, probably due to a hiatus. I feel a little guilty for the giant pit of time I may have condemned him to.

Not being quite so crazy to start my own re-reading, I decided to rewatch Collide. Man, I really like that animation, and I really like Oppa Toby Style and Heir of Grief.

Help guys, I miss the days of daily homestuck updates, or even the days of periodic updates. :(

Also, what's happened since the end of the comic? There's still supposed to be some kind of prologue, right? I followed that instagram or whatever thing there was for a little while but it was kinda annoying to follow, and I wasn't even sure how official it was.

What you are remembering is that the person who ended up being the writer of Hiveswap also released some epilogue-like material through Snapchat. A weird new plotline was introduced awkwardly though this ill-suited medium, and then the updates stopped.