Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i played it with someone else

the puzzles just arent very interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Nintendo updated it's official sales numbers with their earnings report.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

I always find it fascinating to see how the old system's numbers change if you compare them to when they were last updated in September and December. Is it possible that the Wii version of some of these games are still outselling the Wii U versions?

Wii Sales - Past 6 Months
+150,000 New Super Mario Bros Wii
+120,000 Mario Kart Wii
+60,000 Super Smash Bros Brawl
+50,000 Wii Sports Resort
+40,000 Wii Party
+30,000 Super Mario Galaxy
+20,000 Wii Sports

Wii U Sales - Past 3 Months
+130,000 Super Mario 3D World
+70,000 Super Mario Maker
+60,000 New Super Mario Bros U
+60,000 New Super Luigi U
+60,000 Wind Waker
+50,000 Mario Kart 8
+50,000 Mario Party 10
+40,000 Super Smash Bros for Wii U
+40,000 Splatoon
+10,000 Nintendo Land

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess my Pro controller works fine. If I press right or left on my dpad, it only hits up or down if I want it to.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm glad 3D World is doing well still. Such a delightful game.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

It's crazy to be honest how you can still walk into your local wal-mart and see about as many games for the Wii being sold new behind a case while the Wii U section sits there, shrinking smaller and smaller after every switch physical release.

Still happy I got Binding of Issac physical from a rural super Wal-Mart in Utah, my local Wal-Mart is tiny as poo poo for games and only has the big nintendo releases.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, so Gamestop isn't doing a midnight, so I caved and converted my in-store pre-order to digital. Though... I'm starting to get the feeling I should've canceled it outright to buy on the eshop as I don't actually think they're going to give me my code until the store opens tomorrow anyways.

Have I just been self-owned? Though to be fair I'm probably still better off than the ones that had it shipped.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Alright, so Gamestop... Have I just been self-owned?

Ehhhh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm buying those stupid wheels tomorrow and I'll probably buy a digital copy of MK8 from the physical GameStop? Why? For the hell of it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Honestly if the new 2ds xl was 100 bucks I'd consider it more but 150 bucks for a console with no game bundled in is not worth it, espeically with very few new big games coming out as its near the end of its life cycle with the Switch looking to consume both Nintendo's handheld and console market.

It's not nearing end of life when they release a brand new updated model. And the backlog from the 3DS/2DS line destroys anything Switch has available since all Switch is doing is releasing a plethora of indie games which are already out, and cheaper, on the 3DS/2DS library for the forseeable future aside from Odyssey, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, and a few other honorable mentions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Utnayan posted:

It's not nearing end of life when they release a brand new updated model.

Game boy micro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

snipperclips isnt actually very good

its about 2 hours long and a third of the puzzles are more tedious than fun

I hope vg can replace these failure gangtags with a true goty like tekken7

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

New end of life models are a Nintendo tradition

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...

I just beat level 3-10 of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

On attempt like 150 or so.

This is the first game in years which activated that mode in the very back of my brain that goes all "gently caress me? No, gently caress you" and commits to playing it over and over until I get it. I think the Switch's ultra-fast resume helps a lot with that.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fantastic, and I suck at Tetris and suck slightly less at Puyo Puyo.

EDIT: And then I beat 4-1 on my first try. Why was 3-10 so loving hard?

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 28, 2017

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I got puyo puyo today and have a preorder for Mario Kart to get tomorrow. My Switch library is done till Arms!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

parallelodad posted:

Game boy micro

that thing was awesome. it was so tiny.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Is it time

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
I may have made the worst possible mistake I could have trying to keep the in-store preorder. Like I would've gotten a better turnaround had I just ordered from their website, which I thought is what I would get if I converted but it seems like it's treated as an in-store pickup.

So I guess I'm gonna be late to the online gold mario party by at least ~10 hours, in the worst case.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beeeep
WA HOO!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Upload the game Nintendo

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

I may have made the worst possible mistake I could have trying to keep the in-store preorder. Like I would've gotten a better turnaround had I just ordered from their website, which I thought is what I would get if I converted but it seems like it's treated as an in-store pickup.

So I guess I'm gonna be late to the online gold mario party by at least ~10 hours, in the worst case.

It's okay. In the end, you still get to play Mario Kart. Probably...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

whaley posted:

Is it time

Yup.

Deluxe is out on the eShop. Currently downloading.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm downloading as well

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah just grabbed it off eShop. :3:

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Did anyone buy that Alex Kidd game and is it good tia

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hell yeah at 2%

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still laughing at someone thinking a new nintendo console means the lifespan is going to continue after Nintendo had a gameboy advance system come out well after the DS was released. At least the DSi had a few years for it, but Switch is already here and the 3ds library of upcoming games is small, with Pokemon the last blockbuster. And I highly doubt they're making another generation of Pokemon on it.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Post an update at each percent please

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

4 inch cut no femmes posted:

brb going to bed to wake up in the morning for my dirty bitter cart to show up from the ups truck at like 9:30 am

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

42069% here

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I hate Japanese Rosilina Players who somehow have unlocked all the better cars on day 1.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

brb going to bed to wake up in the morning for my dirty bitter cart to show up from the ups truck at like 9:30 am

that's early for a package

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

a.lo posted:

Yeah my loving UPS dude shows up between like 2pm and 6pm

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Mine just turned into a blue shell and started over

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Patter Song posted:

So...

This is the first game in years which activated that mode in the very back of my brain that goes all "gently caress me? No, gently caress you" and commits to playing it over and over until I get it. I think the Switch's ultra-fast resume helps a lot with that.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fantastic, and I suck at Tetris and suck slightly less at Puyo Puyo.

ur fighting the tetris king u expect him to be easy???

Real talk the game wants you to do a t-spin or two to knock him out. It took me 4-5 tries then I got a single t-spin and he just blew the gently caress up. Tetris vs Tetris is going to become a lot more endless and one sided if you don't get t-spins down.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i got hit with two blue shells in my very first race. it's like coming home again.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Patter Song posted:

So...

Back to back tetris gently caress him up good. alsoTry to combo the junk pieces he send you.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I hope the fabled switch app will let you monitor download progress in the future. Or even start them

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

a.lo posted:

I live in the boonies a town over from their boonies depot so there's not many packages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

beergod posted:

Did anyone buy that Alex Kidd game and is it good tia

Wonderboy Dragon's Trap?

yes and yes. it's very good, but it's essentially the same as the original with lovely animations / minor tweaks and polish. if you can handle somewhat archaic game design you will enjoy it

• Locked thread