Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

my goth gf posted:

this is like the goonette who ate pizza that she and her equally goony husband put under the bed and left there overnight

just because you can doesn't mean you should, smoka

nah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cleaning your clothes regularly is part of a healthy regimen of self-care

you deserve to have clean clothing, live in a clean environment and have good self-hygiene

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

you deserve to have clean clothing, live in a clean environment and have good self-hygiene

that's why you wash everything regularly except your jeans

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
you wouldn't throw your shoes into the washing machine would you

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YVNimYUlg

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol I didn't know this was such a contentious issue

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
ask 10 random people on the street if not washing your jeans for over 5 months is normal and they'll all say "no"

where's the contention

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I haven't washed my jeans in ~5 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqKlwSyhPw

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
i'll give my jeans like 5 days of wearing before washing but 5 months is kinda extreme

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

DaisyDanger posted:

i'll give my jeans like 5 days of wearing before washing but 5 months is kinda extreme

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/05/dont-wash-your-jeans-says-ceo-of-levis.html

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
you iron your jeans too? put them khaki creases on there? lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man With Financial Interest in Regular Consumption of Consumer Product Recommends Lack of Care for Product

"It's for the environment, really," says man who has fiduciary obligation to drive increased sales

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

yeah because im gonna listen to the ceo of a company whose single purpose is to sell jeans and a bunch of "jean aficionados." snobs and shills are totally the best people to take advice from

e: gently caress stymie was right

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 28, 2017

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

juicero ceo claims juice made by device is better than juice made by squishing with hand

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

DaisyDanger posted:

yeah because im gonna listen to the ceo of a company whose single purpose is to sell jeans and a bunch of "jean aficionados." snobs and shills are totally the best people to take advice from

e: gently caress stymie was right

lol the dude is straight up telling you how to make your jeans last longer

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol are goons really arguing that the washing machine makes your clothes last longer??

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Moist von Lipwig posted:

lol are goons really arguing that the washing machine makes your clothes last longer??

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Moist von Lipwig posted:

what the gently caress, no

we're arguing that it's loving gross to not wash your jeans for over 5 loving months

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moist von Lipwig posted:

yes because you'll have to throw them away because they've rotted into stinky rags before you could wash them frequently enough to wear out

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you cant wash dry denim you idiots. not before theyve developed sick fades anyway

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
15 months of stinkage in unwashed babyblue jeans goes for fetishdollars on the market, 5 months is babydollars, go for the 15 . Get some major stinkage in the jeans go for it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

you wouldn't throw your shoes into the washing machine would you

erm... yeah? non-leather ones, anyway. put them in a pillowcase to avoid scuffing up the drum and use moderate temperature and a slow spin, freshens them right up.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

you cant wash dry denim you idiots. not before theyve developed sick fades anyway

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"It's about fashion" said the cartoon-watching shutin

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Besides, you're supposed to put jeans in the freezer to clean them. Not in the washing machine.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
if stymie's opinion about a thing you're doing is actually objectively right maybe don't do that

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

You poors wear the same jeans for 5 days in a row? Wtf

Like, in 5 mos my good jeans might see 5-7 wears total. My shut tier jeans (sub $400) get washed after 2-5 wearings, like once a month, so long as it's sunny.I

Next youll say my bespoke jackets need to be dry cleaned more than once a year because you only own like two jackets.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

if my shoes were farts-adjacent i'd wash them more often maybe I dunno

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Jeans need atleast 8-10 months for that authentic butt-bean shape and smell

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i wash my pants when they smell spicy

Spambort
Jun 19, 2012
pissed jeans are marinated jeans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7aBnoaYPQ

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Bulgakov posted:

if my shoes were farts-adjacent i'd wash them more often maybe I dunno

Get shoes made of jeans

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Stymie posted:

Some people have mental issues that can interfere with that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skim Milk posted:

literally didnt know this poo poo existed but now i want to play it

come play with me, m'lord

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

We Know Catheters posted:

Some people have mental issues that can interfere with that.

agreed, but self-care is part of any sensible method to deal with those sorts of issues

which is why it's kind of scummy for jeans companies to encourage a lack of self-care to sell more jeans

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I haven't washed my jeans in ~5 months
you are a fuckwit

Sagebrush posted:

that's revolting

my goth gf posted:

no that is legitimately not normal

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my goth gf posted:

what the gently caress, no

we're arguing that it's loving gross to not wash your jeans for over 5 loving months

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao that smoka is the one giving fashion advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao that smoka is the one giving fashion advice

not being filthy is just a fad :mmmhmm:

• Locked thread