Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanzh
Mar 6, 2013
1 - C
2 - B
3 - A
4 - C
5 - B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

1 - A
2 - B
3 - B
4 - B
5 - A

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
1. A
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yo, what's the development/ideas/missions for Iceland? I find the idea of a buncha crusaders fleeing there incredibly amusing and it certainly woulda changed things around here

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
1. B
2. C
3. A
4. C
5. C

ereror
Mar 12, 2013
1.B
2.B
3.A
4.C
5.A

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
1)B
2)B
3)B
4)B
5)C

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
1 - B
2 - A
3 - A
4 - C
5 - A

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Woo! I made it in time to vote! Let's see:

1: C
2: A
3: A
4: C
5: C

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

1-C
2-C
3-A
4-A
5-C

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

B
C
B
B
A

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
1 - C
2 - A
3 - B
4 - C
5 - C

Hoping 5-C means very active Polynesians, they don't get enough focus, I feel. Also hope that 2-A means Korea can get a good shot at something, I like them.

catlord fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 28, 2017

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Since you mentioned not having a clear idea for areas not mentioned, here's one I'd like to offer:

The High Count - We often think of the Native Americans as being tribes inhabiting a vast pristine land which was ripe for colonisation, but many now believe this is not actually so. What explorers in our time found was not a idyllic paradise inhabited by tribes who had failed to advance, but rather a post-apocalyptic wasteland inhabited by the survivors of society destroyed by a world-ending litany of diseases. It's now commonly believed by many scholars that the population of America on the eve of Columbus' arrival was much, much higher than we normally think of it.

So, suppose the natives lucked into a religious/cultural custom that gave them a proto-germ theory. They wash their hands, use soap and alcohol to clean, practice careful quarantines. Now throw in the primary explorers being from a small island with little disease, and a cosmopolitan Muslim Iberia which also places a religious emphasis on cleanliness. The apocalypse never comes.

North America is covered in small independent kingdoms everywhere except the Great Plains and frozen north. Colonisation has to be done through conquest instead of colonists, just like with the Aztecs and Incas. The Amazon is mostly a forest, and woods near the river, and controlled by a relatively advanced state (maybe a republic to mix it up a little?).

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

RZApublican posted:

Does voting C regarding Japan mean that the Ikko-ikki are present in this timeline?

It'll definitely include the Ikko-Ikki.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Yo, what's the development/ideas/missions for Iceland? I find the idea of a buncha crusaders fleeing there incredibly amusing and it certainly woulda changed things around here

Still not sure about Iceland. I'll probably give them a few mission to colonise, their religious zeal and crusader history will likely lead to a 'New Jerusalem' colonial nation or something.

Snipee posted:

Maximum barbarism for East Asia, but a strong Mesoamerica and West Africa. Mostly, I'm disappointed that the Mongols did not manage to get further in the West in this timeline.

The Mongol Empire technically still exists, so there's always the possibility of renewed attacks, especially since they border Russia.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Reveilled posted:

So, suppose the natives lucked into a religious/cultural custom that gave them a proto-germ theory. They wash their hands, use soap and alcohol to clean, practice careful quarantines. Now throw in the primary explorers being from a small island with little disease, and a cosmopolitan Muslim Iberia which also places a religious emphasis on cleanliness. The apocalypse never comes.

That'd only delay the apocalypse really. It might reduce the severity of the apocalypse, knocking it down from an estimated 95% of the population dying but it's still gonna be up there and still definitely qualify as apocalyptic.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reveilled posted:

Since you mentioned not having a clear idea for areas not mentioned, here's one I'd like to offer:

The High Count - We often think of the Native Americans as being tribes inhabiting a vast pristine land which was ripe for colonisation, but many now believe this is not actually so. What explorers in our time found was not a idyllic paradise inhabited by tribes who had failed to advance, but rather a post-apocalyptic wasteland inhabited by the survivors of society destroyed by a world-ending litany of diseases. It's now commonly believed by many scholars that the population of America on the eve of Columbus' arrival was much, much higher than we normally think of it.

North America is covered in small independent kingdoms everywhere except the Great Plains and frozen north. Colonisation has to be done through conquest instead of colonists, just like with the Aztecs and Incas. The Amazon is mostly a forest, and woods near the river, and controlled by a relatively advanced state (maybe a republic to mix it up a little?).

Can I vote for this instead?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

New Jerusalem in Labrador would be amazing

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

1-B
2-A
3-B
4-B
5-C

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
1-C
2-A
3-C
4-C
5-C

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Reveilled posted:

I would like to see this.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

1-C
2-C
3-C
4-C
5-C

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Reveilled posted:

If this gets us the Sioux Iron Confederacy I'm in.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

aqu posted:

1-C
2-C
3-C
4-C
5-C

That's it young man. No more SA for you until you improve those grades!:colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Hey C's get degrees, old man. Let the kid live his life :colbert:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I'll let the vote run for a few more hours and do a tally later tonight, then make a post detailing their effects and get to work on actually implementing them. Before that, though, I want to talk a little bit about how the Majlis (you guys) are gonna work in EU4.

So very early into the LP, I made this post outlining the general role the Majlis was going to have in EU4, and I've since expanded as to how it's gonna work. Basically, we're going to start EU4 with 4 or 5 'factions' to which members of the Majlis can align to, including estates like the Nobility and the Ulama.

An assembly/vote will be held at the start of every Sultan's reign, and the faction which gains the most members will end up dominating the Majlis, and thus have the dominating voice regarding the future that the Sultanate takes. Depending on a faction's preset goals, this can range from a focus on war and territorial expansion to a focus on peace, trade and exploration.

The factions in power won't only determine the overarching grand strategy we take, however, each will also have specific in-game bonuses and maluses (like extra army morale, greater aggressive expansion, greater missionary strength, global unrest etc.) There will also be shake-up events (some based on chance, others not) that can shift the power balance between factions, through things like assassinations or coups. Throughout all of this, the Sultan himself will serve as a wild card, and depending on his stats and traits, may be either aligned with or opposed to the Majlis' goals.

It's still a bit early, I'm still working out the exact details and EU4 won't start for a little while anyways, but I've been trying to figure out to make the Majlis actually influential. I might end up just going for the more regular votes at certain events, idea groups and stuff like that, still not sure.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 28, 2017

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

1C, 2C, 3C, 4C, 5C

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

All voting now done by agreeable Mexicans

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
C
A
C
B
A

If it's not too late...

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
1 B
2 C
3 A
4 B
5 B

Looking forward to see where this LP goes!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Vote closed.

Part 1 (China) ended with a slight majority for Option C, Part 2 (Japan) had Option B winning comfortably, Option B also edged the vote in Part 3 (East Indies), whilst Option C dominated in both Part 4 (West Africa) and Part 5 (Mesoamerica.)

I'll have more thorough breakdown of the effects up soon.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
This is going to be amazing. :allears:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
This isn't showing the most important map of cultural influence.

https://twitter.com/lumatheodoro/status/857278254209789952

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I really hope we don't get generic Vikings that are invading Mesoamerica. In my opinion, that idea is just boring and lame. I think it would be really cool if maybe it was the Carib or Polynesians who are invading so hopefully we get that.

Are we using a standard setup for North/South America? I maintain that having a bunch of states like what was suggested earlier would be really awesome and lend for a more fun colonial experience if we go that route.

Jalak
Nov 23, 2013
B
A
B
C
C

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

I really hope we don't get generic Vikings that are invading Mesoamerica. In my opinion, that idea is just boring and lame. I think it would be really cool if maybe it was the Carib or Polynesians who are invading so hopefully we get that.

Are we using a standard setup for North/South America? I maintain that having a bunch of states like what was suggested earlier would be really awesome and lend for a more fun colonial experience if we go that route.

No, it won't be vikings. As for the suggestion, it's a great idea, but I don't have the time or energy to come up with kingdoms that'll cover the entirety of the Americas, though I'll likely add a few along the North American coast or something.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I have no idea how hard it would be to make, but what about Australia being a lush jungle continent rich in resources instead of 90% desert? Like a mini-Africa, except with crazier wildlife and/or natives. I imagine you wouldn't have to change much in EU because the interior will be inaccessible anyways, the bulk of stuff would happen in Victoria when the technology to explore/settle the interior gets developed.

Dinosaurs. I want dino-Australia

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 29, 2017

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

I have no idea how hard it would be to make, but what about Australia being a lush jungle continent rich in resources instead of 90% desert? Like a mini-Africa, except with crazier wildlife and/or natives. I imagine you wouldn't have to change much in EU because the interior will be inaccessible anyways, the bulk of stuff would happen in Victoria when the technology to explore/settle the interior gets developed.

Dinosaurs. I want dino-Australia

Seems kinda similar to that campaign with eldritch Australia, doesn't it? Different danger but its still a more dangerous more valuable Australia.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Zakrelo posted:

Seems kinda similar to that campaign with eldritch Australia, doesn't it? Different danger but its still a more dangerous more valuable Australia.

I think it was one of the choices for Australia in that LP as well.

Man, that would've changed everything in that campaign.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh poo poo it literally was. I promise I didn't steal your idea on purpose ZearothK, I guess it's just been lurking in the back of my mind for the past few years and decided to come out again.

Still like it, though.

E: vvv ZearothK's Hansa LP, Gold Rules the World vvv

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Excuse me eldritch Australia

Which LP is this now