Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I was happy to finally get all 3 nation storylines done, and confirm without a doubt that Bastok is best city for all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I might give this game another go in a little bit and finish the storylines I never did like WotG, Adoulin, Rhapsodies, Bastok and Sandy. I'm running out of stuff to do in XIV until Stormblood comes out.

Does the goon ls still exist? It was kinda dead the last time I played.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Does the goon ls still exist? It was kinda dead the last time I played.

Yes and yes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Yes and yes.

Really? Why the sudden revival? Rhapsodies?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Really? Why the sudden revival? Rhapsodies?

Goonshell is mostly one man. x6. Asura however is really busy.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Goonshell is mostly one man. x6. Asura however is really busy.

:smith:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

Goonshell is mostly one man. x6.
I think he's referring to me here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How many goats do I have to sacrifice to get an Escha-Ru Aun warder to pop?

Stupid lottery crap.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Having the rare enemy vorseals helps, a ton.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got it, but I'd have to check to see how many more stages I can advance it.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Hey Jamie, stop posting poo poo on my ffxiah page, thank you

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
The dynamis campaign was amazingly helpful. I have my relic lance, and also every ah-able item to get it. Now all I need are the mob drops and the currency. The later of which will take forever because holy poo poo everything is expensive. But it's for a weapon, which is the top number one item I need, so... Yeah. Gonna slowly grind away at this.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I was watching a guy attempt a speed run from start to a Shadowlord kill today. i can't believe all the QoL improvements in this game now. The Norg quest, chocobo feeding times, trusts, goddamn instant warping everywhere...

He made about 10 hrs in around 4-1 at level 35ish before giving up saying it wasn't going to work out. The rules were no AH and no help from other players.

I almost want to try it myself and see what I can come up with :smith:

edit: He did it, 17 hrs. Hardest part was the SL magic immunity shield, trusts are dumb sometimes.

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 30, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So after giving XI a week I dropped it a month or so back, Saturday night I had a friend beg me to get back on and his reasoning being he is bringing a friend in that has never played. I am trying to talk him into Asura as it looks to be the best place to have a newbie start out. I am sure low level content is no where near how it used to be, but Bahamut seemed so vacant a few months back.

He kind of talked me in by saying he just wanted to do older content. Go dick around in Sky and all that. I don't even know if I remember how to get into Sky OR Sea or hell even Salvage anymore...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

hagie posted:

So after giving XI a week I dropped it a month or so back, Saturday night I had a friend beg me to get back on and his reasoning being he is bringing a friend in that has never played. I am trying to talk him into Asura as it looks to be the best place to have a newbie start out. I am sure low level content is no where near how it used to be, but Bahamut seemed so vacant a few months back.

He kind of talked me in by saying he just wanted to do older content. Go dick around in Sky and all that. I don't even know if I remember how to get into Sky OR Sea or hell even Salvage anymore...

You just have to get through story missions to unlock all of those. Sky is towards the end of Zilart, Sea comes near the end of Promathia, and Salvage is like 1/3rd of the way through Aht Urhgan.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I have Sky/Sea etc access, I don't remember how to get in there.

Hell took me half an hour to get to Whitegate...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

hagie posted:

I have Sky/Sea etc access, I don't remember how to get in there.

Hell took me half an hour to get to Whitegate...

If you're looking for the "front door" of those areas...

Sky is accessed through the Hall of the Gods, north of Zi'tah and Ro'Maeve.

Sea is via the Sealion's Den airship dock in the Tavnazian Safehold basement.

There are now also home points in all these areas that you can warp to freely after inspecting them once.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

hagie posted:

Asura has a linkshell where masochists levelsync to 75 just to do old content.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Is there a gil restriction when World transferring?

I know FFXIV has a restriction, but I wanted to find out if XI has a similar scenario. I couldn't find it in any fine text.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

hagie posted:

I know FFXIV has a restriction, but I wanted to find out if XI has a similar scenario. I couldn't find it in any fine text.

Nope. None when I transferred a long time ago. Don't think there's one, since people may hop servers to sell or buy rare crafted items. Doubt they'd do it if there's a gil limit.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

hagie posted:

No idea, but probably. The World transferring rules should be on the official site. If they are not, just do a google search something should come up.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
No restrictions on gil.

Do not have anything in deliverybox or on auction house or it disappears.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

frodnonnag posted:

How much has the old stuff been nerfed? Is it like wow where even if you cap to say 80, you're still vastly more powerful because of new talents and changes to skill scalings that happened over the years?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

megalodong posted:

How much has the old stuff been nerfed? Is it like wow where even if you cap to say 80, you're still vastly more powerful because of new talents and changes to skill scalings that happened over the years?

You're still going to have just as tough of a time at 75 now as you did a decade ago, before Abyssea and the 80 cap hit. As far as I know, the old 75-cap content didn't really get rebalanced at all.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

You're still going to have just as tough of a time at 75 now as you did a decade ago, before Abyssea and the 80 cap hit. As far as I know, the old 75-cap content didn't really get rebalanced at all.

Largely the only reballancing has been removing day waits to do old content.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Mostly. It's a lot easier to acquire HQ gear to be higher tier 75 than before level cap increase.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Pretty convenient how XIV's pre-expansion period starts to lull right around the time XI celebrates an anniversary. I'm back in, looking to primarily complete SoA and RoV - last time i played I think I got most of the those pioneer skills from SoA, and I got as far as entering Reisenjima, so I think I'm in a good place.

Any particular trusts worth looking out for in this month's login campaign? I picked up Shantotto II before, and I've got a few others of what's on offer.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Am I crazy or do these Superior 3 items actually look sort of decent? At the very least they stand out way more than any superior 1 or 2 item.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

An observation I am seeing currently on Bahamut before I migrate is that I am seeing a repetition of jobs, and their gear varies wildly. All I see are BLU, BLM, THF and DNC. It seems there isn't a set "have to have" gear set like old. Iwas surprised to see that the Espoma Ring and Supanomimi are still utilized.

I removed my miles and upgraded to the 2 wardrobe slots. It seemed more sensible to hold the gear on hand with the inventory macro pallet and leave them in one place then swap gear in and out like old days...

I was trying to decide what way to go with what to play. I've always suffered from "dabble in everything" where I get every job and mess around in it until (level). For example in XIV if it's a DD job, I maxed it out. My MNK and NIN were probably the best geared, next was BLU, SAM was just plain fun, I've always had a love affair with BST, and I always impressed as a Galla SMN. I guess I'm thinking of retiring SMN, PUP and SAM. I got into PUP right as I was quitting, so my gear was practically nil. It seems it is a pretty viable job now.

If I could find some fire geodes I would be set for 2 swords and mnk knuckles.

I get a kick right now running around in old Sky gear. Running around in a Wyvern Helm and a Kirin Osode looks awesome to me...

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

frodnonnag posted:

do they have a character they keep at 75 for this sole purpose?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Migrated to Asura tonight. HOLY poo poo the difference in things going on vs Bahamut. There were actually people moving around! Not just mules in PortJ!

Found out some comforting things. I thought I had about 5 magian weapons that needed upgrades. Turns out I completed 2 blu based swords(Mag Attk and Attk), x2 Bst pet -10% damage axes, and 1 extra Blu sword in not sure of my thinking but -10% damage. And got started on several nin katanas and a set of cat claws. I know all this gear is way useless now, but it seems like just the thing to get me back in the swing.

Started getting my gear situated and getting back into macros. The equipsets help SO much. Though I could easily put equipment in a weapon skill macro I think I will do it the old fashioned way and just take up 3 slots

Ws gear > WS > haste gear

I guess once I get all that ironed out it will be time to give it a shot!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Does anyone play on quetzalcoatl?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Reverand maynard posted:

Like goons or people in general? Either way, no.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Reverand maynard posted:

When I left over two years ago Quetz was lucky to have 400 players during primetime. I'd be surprised if it breaks 300 now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So is anyone in the goon shell? Since I just moved to Asura I might as well have some one other than my friend that talked me back like a terrible friend that shares a heroin addiction.

If there is, are we just giving pearls now, or is there some website sign up like XIV.

Any issue with a non-goon or 2 joining? We use ventrilo/discord so not absolutely necessary.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

And after working for 3 days without issue suddenly Windower gives a Direct3d crash error ?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

hagie posted:

And after working for 3 days without issue suddenly Windower gives a Direct3d crash error ?

The big Windows 10 creator update messed with Windower a lot. Could be that if you updated recently.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

Quetz is a desolate wasteland. Move to asura. Peak evenings us reach 1200. 4x what other servers hit.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't exactly know what I should be doing.

I started Seekers and got 3 or 4 quests in and paused to wait on my friend.

I have a pair of Cat's Claws on an early trial I was going to give a shot with to get re-accustomed with MNK and may play on PUP.

I kill any NM I come across, but it astounds me how many are just up and wondering around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Have you gotten your trusts yet? Do the Rhapsodies storyline to give your 2 more allowable trusts. It's a storyline that's meant to be ok doing side by side with the other stories.

Edit: also make sure to grab the shantotto II trust in the login bonuses this month.