Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Happy Mario Kart Day, let's all race~

Friend Code: SW-2770-7472-2715

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Quidthulhu posted:

Happy Mario Kart Day, let's all race~

Friend Code: SW-2770-7472-2715

AGREED LETS DANCE
SW-1572-6921-9509

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Just thought I should say that Kamiko is rad and worth your 5bux when it's totally going to be overshadowed by PPT and Mario Kart this week!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Artix posted:

Just thought I should say that Kamiko is rad and worth your 5bux when it's totally going to be overshadowed by PPT and Mario Kart this week!

It's an excellent thing to buy to play while MK8 downloads

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can the new 2DS xl be used as a switch controller

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm so Average at mario kart. i usually get between 3rd-7th place online. rarely 2nd. every time i'm in first it's just a matter of time before it all comes crashing down around me

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm so Average at mario kart. i usually get between 3rd-7th place online. rarely 2nd. every time i'm in first it's just a matter of time before it all comes crashing down around me

The trick is to aim for holding second place, and keep a knife ready to plunge into the back of the guy in first place when you near the end of Lap 3.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The trick is to aim for holding second place, and keep a knife ready to plunge into the back of the guy in first place when you near the end of Lap 3.

yeah i understand as much, it's just hard to try to hold a position at all in this game haha

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

Nothing wrong being normal at all

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I finally got a Switch ordered :) It arrives Tuesday.

My roommate has one so I've gotten to play with it, but I knew I had to get one eventually for Splatoon 2.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems like a good time to get in.

Any other games worth playing other than Zelda and Shovel Knight? I've already played those to death. I guess Bomberman... anything else?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cardboard Box posted:

every time i'm in first it's just a matter of time before it all comes crashing down around me

This is how Mario Kart is designed.

I often chill in 2nd place on purpose because being in 1st paints such a target on your back.

I mean its not even just blue shells, but loving blue shells oh my god

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Bingo.

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah i understand as much, it's just hard to try to hold a position at all in this game haha

My old college roommate put it best:

"Mario Kart is a cruel mistress."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

"Mario Kart is a cruel mistress."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43cq3DalZw

Looking forward to the first rage-thrown broken Switch :v:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am not.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Infinitum posted:

To be honest, MKWii's AI was absolutely sadistic towards the player. Never got that feeling from 8.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

just got physical copy of MK8D and once again, no lousy day 1 patch. i love it. i love nintendo and their glorious insane qa department

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

To be honest, MKWii's AI was absolutely sadistic towards the player. Never got that feeling from 8.

mkwii was definitely the peak of horrible rubberbanding ai. what a nightmare

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
My Mario karts are meant to be delivered today but I won't be home till like 8pm. Work sucks. :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Start making custom Switches Nintendo :argh:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

alf_pogs posted:

just got physical copy of MK8D and once again, no lousy day 1 patch. i love it. i love nintendo and their glorious insane qa department

The game was first released 3 years ago, most quality issues have been dealt with a long time ago.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

High level puyo puyo tetris might be interesting, let's see...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sN-kB0HSE
:staredog:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
"Your new estimated delivery date is Wednesday, May 3rd." Thanks, Amazon.

Meanwhile if I feel like spending the extra :10bux: I'd probably be able to walk in to one of half a dozen stores nearby and get it without issue. Strongly considering just downloading it and forgo the cheaper physical version. Especially since it's only 6.7gb and even with whatever DLC they release I doubt it'll go over 10gb when all's said and done.

Infinitum posted:

poo poo like this is why I never got further than 100cc on the Wii MK game. The AI was an absolute rear end in a top hat and the game didn't even try to hide it and there's only so many times you can be sent from 1st to 8th inches from the finish line before you decide to play something else.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Oh lord, the Goon-made classic Sound of Silence was in the related videos :allears:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_a7U8peVfY
One of the most brutal deliberate owns I've ever seen in Mario Kart.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Pants Donkey posted:

how hard is the single player stuff in puyo tetris, like, I can with some difficulty beat the computer on medium in the demo, can't even process what's happening here though

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Tetris Online play.. I am 1 and 30. Dear god people are good at Tetris.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wheany posted:

The game was first released 3 years ago, most quality issues have been dealt with a long time ago.

thats true but i guarantee if it was an xbox exclusive id be downloading 10g of horseshit to fix framerate bugs

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Raserys posted:

how hard is the single player stuff in puyo tetris, like, I can with some difficulty beat the computer on medium in the demo, can't even process what's happening here though
I'm on what seems to be the final world and am probably as good as you are.

I'm worse at puyo puyo and just kind bumble my way through til the cpu dies

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finally beat BotW. Some thoughts on the end:
People aren't kidding when they say the final boss is a bit of a pushover if you've been exploring and clearing divine beasts. Having all 4 cuts his health by half and if you have the Master Sword welp. Fun fact: When Link draws Master Sword at the start of the fight it fully recharges. I went in with it low on energy (after carving a path through two Lionels and half a dozen or so guardians and a handful of unlucky moblins) and that went away for the fight. Glowing Master Sword does not gently caress around.

I'm only at 19.10% completion. Goddamn Korok Seeds. :negative:

Finally had the timing/movement click for dodging Lionel attacks and man it's nice being able to fight one without burning through tons of food. Still burn through lots of weapons though, especially against the white Lionels because they're just mountains of HP.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

My copy of Mario Kart is being delivered by Hermes. So never.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dugong posted:

My copy of Mario Kart is being delivered by Hermes. So never.

Lets get digital, digital
I want to get digital
Lets get into digital
Let me hear your modem squawk, modem squawk
Let me hear your modem squawk

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Kimishita provided some more interesting tidbits from his presentation. Some Switch specific trivia:
  • Super Bomberman R sold 500 000 copies worldwide in March alone.
  • Snipperclips was "downloaded over 350 000 times worldwide"
  • Nintendo is planning to ship 10 million Switch units during this fiscal year, to a total of 12.7 million units
  • 1-2 Switch is going to be a million seller "very soon"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Rexroom posted:

it will reach a million used copies shortly thereafter

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Infinitum posted:

Lets get digital, digital
I want to get digital
Lets get into digital
Let me hear your modem squawk, modem squawk
Let me hear your modem squawk

Can't taste digital

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Now I want Puyo Puyo Tetris branded arcade stick for the Switch.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Loving MK8 so far. Why would anybody ever play as Not Waluigi.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Kimishita provided some more interesting tidbits from his presentation. Some Switch specific trivia:
  • Super Bomberman R sold 500 000 copies worldwide in March alone.
  • Snipperclips was "downloaded over 350 000 times worldwide"
  • Nintendo is planning to ship 10 million Switch units during this fiscal year, to a total of 12.7 million units

Wow, that's a lot of units sold. It'd be nice to see a third-party game do this sort of numbers down the track.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

Wow, that's a lot of units sold. It'd be nice to see a third-party game do this sort of numbers down the track.

Xenoblade 2 will probably crush those numbers, easily. Octopath Traveller definitely will just for being a Squeenix game.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I guess Bomberman is actually third-party now I think about it.

Does that mean Bomberman is currently #3 best-selling Switch game?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bomberman basically got "ok you're a launch title I'm gonna grab to spice things up a bit" numbers.

It's pretty drat average, and only recently got patched to fix all the issues it had.
Still a baller multiplayer game tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I wonder if FAST RMX / Snipperclips would've got some of that attention if they'd had in-store copies. They're probably better games than Bomberman.

• Locked thread