Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Grosjean does seem to be the most consistently animated on the radio this year, and that's saying something when you've got an angry Spaniard in a lovely Honda on the same grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The McLaren tends to eat its own engine and gearbox and come to a slow stop in a nice controlled and predictable way, the Haas seems to be actively trying to murder Grossjean.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Can't say I'm too sad about it. I've still got a lingering grudge for him nearly murdering Alonso in Spa 2012 (which also significantly contributed to him losing the WDC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Y5Co1kZjQ

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For those without the visual of that haas, it was like watching a rodeo horse bucking and twisting it's way around the track at 200mph.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Having just moved house, I'm sans-internet for this race at the very least so, bold predictions whilst I've got the time:

- Alonso will finish this race

hahaha.... hah.. ha... ha.. *sob*

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

learnincurve posted:

Stoffel needs a new engine which means that this morning he was on his 4th elements and this afternoon he is on his 5th elements.

Say it ain't so
The car will not go
Call the race off
Stoffel Van Doorne

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

enri posted:

Having just moved house, I'm sans-internet for this race at the very least so, bold predictions whilst I've got the time:

- Alonso will finish this race

hahaha.... hah.. ha... ha.. *sob*

I hope your house move goes well friend goon, :) we moved a week before the Australian GP and it's not pleasant.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

McGuinty posted:

The first time I heard about unsprung aero I nearly had an aneurysm.

I know this is from a page or so back, but I'm sorry. WHAT??? :gizz:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

There's something very soothing about watching practice.

Also the Mercedes engineer just shone a torch up Hamilton's rear end, baffling the Sky commentators.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Go find some photos of the first F1 cars with wings and look at the mounting points. Most go right to the hubs.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

I hope your house move goes well friend goon, :) we moved a week before the Australian GP and it's not pleasant.

Thank you, already moved in thankfully :D back to work today after 2 and a half days off, the most painful part of getting all the crap out of one house and into another is done and dusted though - now the tedious back and forth putting stuff wherever it needs to go is next on the schedule

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've still not assembled everything :(

My sound track to FP2 is my parrot making loud race car noises only she's pitched it far too high so it's really annoying.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mercedes sandbagging?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Maybe. They tend to do better in cold weather and are tougher on tyres, so who knows?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mercedes sandbagging?

Hard to say. Russia is really hard on brakes compared to most other tracks. Track is also very grip limited with the newer surface.

Kimi being fastest is kind of a red flag tho

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-f1-quality-of-life-better-since-leaving-ferrari-898898/

Lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The pace is real.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's easy to forget how much Alonso hated driving for Ferrari by the end.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I dont see why this is funny. If Alonso wasnt happy in Ferrari he should have left and he did.

This Mclaren is his last chance to be World Champions and THAT is sad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Of course life is easier. He makes gently caress loads of money and does like 5 laps before the Honda loving pops.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Oh I know, I think it's hilarious that Ferrari can be such a poo poo place to work, he'd rather break down every race.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seb wants to be in the team and I think even he would admit it's a difficult situation to manage when the team isn't doing well.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Seb wants to be in the team and I think even he would admit it's a difficult situation to manage when the team isn't doing well.

His mental health certainly takes a nose dive when he's not on the podium

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alonsos Ferrari was such a trainwreck that they even fired Luca. Something has to be done.

Fernando is not a saint either, he left Renault, Mclaren and Ferrari on bad terms so of course he will be happy now that he is getting paid a lot to drive a piece of poo poo car.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The trainwreck that Alonso's career has become is entirely Flavio Briatore's fault . I'll never understand why this thread generally seems to like that flabby piece of poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alonso has admitted on several occasions that he was a big ol baby in the earlier years of his career.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah he's certainly no Jos.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah he's certainly no Jos.

Jos confronts his problems like he confronts women he is involved with. Forcefully.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ugh. loving Ferrari.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

Mike Skinner? This is the guy they dug up in the States to be their new Stig? Really? He's older and fatter than Clarkson.

I forgot how much I loathed New American Fat Stig. What a piece of garbage.

Diverting to food talk in the F1 lull has been shockingly enjoyable and not awful. This should be the new procedure for off-race weeks. Next time around: Tex-Mex.

McLaren's new standard procedure for race weekends seems to be to use and destroy as many engines as possible. The sad part is I don't know if any of them even run long enough to get usable test data to fix the problem.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Every grand prix weekend make a dish that originated (loosely if you can't find anything) from the country F1 is in.

What's a Russian dish besides vodka, callousness, a genetic desire to be evil and Putin?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

NtotheTC posted:

The trainwreck that Alonso's career has become is entirely Flavio Briatore's fault . I'll never understand why this thread generally seems to like that flabby piece of poo poo.

Fat rich idiot with no actual talent banging attractive woman and hanging around fast cars all day? The guy is goon success personified.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

What's a Russian dish besides vodka, callousness, a genetic desire to be evil and Putin?

Stroganoff maybe?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Every grand prix weekend make a dish that originated (loosely if you can't find anything) from the country F1 is in.

Make some borscht

enri
Dec 16, 2003

CratSock posted:

Next time around: Tex-Mex.

I demand a discussion about 'nandos' and why people rave about a place that primarily serves the most tedious of meats; chicken.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

enri posted:

I demand a discussion about 'nandos' and why people rave about a place that primarily serves the most tedious of meats; chicken.

Cheeky

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Stroganoff maybe?

Stroganoff it is. I will post results over the weekend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

This is actually a pretty rad idea and I may steal it from you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

enri posted:

Only time I've been in the vicinity of a Nando's was at Meadowhall and they have a shop downstairs that serves full dinners inside a giant Yorkshire pudding for less than £5, so why the gently caress would anyone even think about the McDonald's or Nando's is beyond me. Does the south not have any actual cafes left anymore or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The main issue I have with Grand Tour is that now it's an American show it does some of the worst pandering possible. The section they filmed in the US where they mentioned ~the military~ and then had 5 minutes of repeating the unfunny "audience riots because of ARE TROOPS being the best" gag was I imagine as embarrassing to norns and non-deep south Americans as it was to the rest of the viewers.

That plus the poo poo American "stig" replacement that noone outside of (NASCAR?) has even heard of.

Were they that awful and pander-y about the UK when it was a BBC show and I just didn't notice or wha

• Locked thread