Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I'm guessing it's due to the memory leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Got my first top 10 win today. Finished 8th. Died in the last circle. Switched to the bitch, ran into a storefront thing with no front wall, dude popped up from behind the counter I point blank gave him buckshot to the torso while he got 2 shots off into my ballistic mask.

Not sure if he died also. If I had better game reflexes I'd be a lot better at this game. It needs some sort of target shooting course. With leaderboards.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I'm guessing it's due to the memory leak.

It is.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, the memory leak has been getting worse and worse with each patch. My buddies and I used to crash maybe one of us every ten games or so but now it's one in two, so we all just restart our games after every single round to avoid it.

Early access, I guess.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'd say 10% of the reason I play this game is to gently caress with a streamer friend. (Warning Loud)
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyTameClipsdadRitzMitz

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Oh apparently it was some weird fuckery

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/857801402264862720

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Also leader boards have been fixed

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This game is kind of frustrating when the circle ends up on a big huge mountain and it pretty much just comes down to who predicted it would be on the mountain and got to the top first.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

PantsBandit posted:

This game is kind of frustrating when the circle ends up on a big huge mountain and it pretty much just comes down to who predicted it would be on the mountain and got to the top first.

Seems like always predicting it will be on the mountain when near mountains would be the solution to that particular problem.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

PantsBandit posted:

I'd get mad at this more if it didn't completely buttfuck the circle edge bandits

seriously, gently caress those guys

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Unoriginal Name posted:

Seems like always predicting it will be on the mountain when near mountains would be the solution to that particular problem.

Uh, yeah, but it's impossible to predict if you managed to beat everyone else there, even if you plan ahead. Especially if by luck of the draw you had a longer way to go.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

PantsBandit posted:

Uh, yeah, but it's impossible to predict if you managed to beat everyone else there, even if you plan ahead. Especially if by luck of the draw you had a longer way to go.

Nothing quite like getting down to the final three and coming up and seeing the last two guys working together. Cunts

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Raged posted:

Nothing quite like getting down to the final three and coming up and seeing the last two guys working together. Cunts

Report them on the PUBG forums, they'll get banned.

Studio posted:

I'd say 10% of the reason I play this game is to gently caress with a streamer friend. (Warning Loud)
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyTameClipsdadRitzMitz

A literal mouth breather...

zipzilchzero
Jan 1, 2006
At least I can promise nothing.
Ugh. Getting shot by someone outside the ring is really the worst. I've resorted to it a couple times when I'm clearly going to make it in and the guys running directly in front of me but getting pegged by some clown who hasn't moved in a half hour because we're down to the last 2-3 circles is rear end.

I'd say some sort of pacifism or severely reduced accuracy when out of bounds like someone else suggested is warranted. I'd be generous and say trade it off with a slight speed boost.

On the subject of a first-person only mode I don't see why there's so much push back on it in official forums. The only other third-person shooter I played was APB:R and it only seemed balanced with the fact that there we're respawns and no (very rare) one-shot kills. Being able to look around a barrier without giving away your position is so drat powerful.

Maybe if grenades were a bit more reliable...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had a fun bug today

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryLachrymoseSandwichGingerPower

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
First person only is probably going to be amazing but I think it would be even better in a smaller map. Like two thirds the current one.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ugh, holed up in a good spot, Kar with 8x and fully decked out M16, 5 kills, a shitload of meds and stims, and then a crash. Fuuuuuuuuck

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The game needs the ability to jump between cars

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

jonathan posted:

Got my first top 10 win today. Finished 8th. Died in the last circle. Switched to the bitch, ran into a storefront thing with no front wall, dude popped up from behind the counter I point blank gave him buckshot to the torso while he got 2 shots off into my ballistic mask.

Not sure if he died also. If I had better game reflexes I'd be a lot better at this game. It needs some sort of target shooting course. With leaderboards.

The lag and desync really make it somewhat impossible to know what really went down in a CQB scenario, it's possible you only laid off your shot after you died in which case it didn't actually count and never showed up on his side. As far as I know this game can't have situations where two players kill each simultaneously, at least it's extremely unlikely.

(To clarify, in a CQB only, the further two players are apart from one another the longer is the time window where they could shoot and kill each other. At 300m for instance you have half-a-second time frame with most AR rounds)

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Won a 3 squad game last night that bugged out.

My squad was down to 2, the ticker said 3 alive. Someone died to blue, it said 3 alive. We killed a guy, it said 3 alive. We kill another and finally win. What the Christ? Almost lost celebrating after killing the second guy.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

zipzilchzero posted:

I'd say some sort of pacifism or severely reduced accuracy when out of bounds like someone else suggested is warranted. I'd be generous and say trade it off with a slight speed boost.

gently caress that. If i'm going down to the circle i'm taking you with me. And i will enjoy your tears doing it.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Goddamn it. Made it to the top 5. You guys weren't kidding, poo poo gets tense. I could hear the blood pumping in my ears. A video game hasn't made me feel like that since the first time I got to the last boss in Captain Skyhawk when I was like 8.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I really really wish they'd implement the ability to jump out of windows...

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
last time i got to top five the guy nearest me decided that the optimal play was to stand up in the middle of a field in order to find me, then rush me with a shotgun, fully ensuring that both of us were unable to win the game. good work dude

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Zipperelli. posted:

I really really wish they'd implement the ability to jump out of windows...

Some kind of context sensitive "hey dumbass climb over this" button would be very welcome. Waist high walls should not be this much of an impediment.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 28, 2017

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Some kind of context sensitive "hey dumbass climb over this" would be very welcome. Waist high walls should not be this much of an impediment.

They're working on adding this last I heard. Vaulting for low walls and climbing for high ones.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Yodzilla posted:

Haha The Culling is doing a free weekend and is on sale.

If this game could get the melee system of that one it would be pretty much perfect IMO.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
New 491mb patch just dropped.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Raged posted:

Probably the crashing hotfix I'd imagine.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Raged posted:

More undocumented map changes? These seem big for just crash fixes, but I know jack poo poo about programming :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Memory leak fixes supposedly.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/857927966507978752

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I lag slammed myself out of existence:
https://streamable.com/bwbba

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

zipzilchzero posted:

Ugh. Getting shot by someone outside the ring is really the worst. I've resorted to it a couple times when I'm clearly going to make it in and the guys running directly in front of me but getting pegged by some clown who hasn't moved in a half hour because we're down to the last 2-3 circles is rear end.

On the subject of a first-person only mode I don't see why there's so much push back on it in official forums. The only other third-person shooter I played was APB:R and it only seemed balanced with the fact that there we're respawns and no (very rare) one-shot kills. Being able to look around a barrier without giving away your position is so drat powerful.

Maybe if grenades were a bit more reliable...

I'll probably play some 1st person locked when it becomes available, but I like the 3rd person mode shortcomings and all. I think a lot of people are comfortable with that type of view and the combo 3rd person world/1st person ADS. I think people here would be surprised by what I imagine the actual demand for it is.

People are fine with 1st person for straight ahead shooters, but when you have to interact with the world it's a harder sell. The imaginary guys that played 30 hours of co-op Wildlands or a bunch of Just Cause can roll straight from that to this with no big paradigm shift because it's the exact same camera modes just like a bunch of action/shooters now.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

My strategy is to land at a specific spot that I know has 1 vehicle in a garage, and at least 2 other vehicles nearby. I then hop in the vehicle and gently caress off to somewhere where others are less likely to land, kit up, and then head for the center of the circle and post up in a building somewhere.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I travel alot and play on my gaming laptop, but my built in mic in my laptop is complete garbage in discord. Does anyone have a decent mic that is good for traveling?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

My strategy is to land at a specific spot that I know has 1 vehicle in a garage, and at least 2 other vehicles nearby. I then hop in the vehicle and gently caress off to somewhere where others are less likely to land, kit up, and then head for the center of the circle and post up in a building somewhere.

This is probably the best strat overall. Its risky because half the server is also trying to do it. Having a vehicle greatly increases your chance of winning though.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-S2vgf1wMo

Some excellent strategy advice to be had on the Asian servers.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Stealthgerbil posted:

This is probably the best strat overall. Its risky because half the server is also trying to do it. Having a vehicle greatly increases your chance of winning though.

It really does. I never have to worry about racing the blue circle, I can get gear super-fast, and I can peace-out quickly when I hear gunshots or see someone nearby.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fyallm posted:

I travel alot and play on my gaming laptop, but my built in mic in my laptop is complete garbage in discord. Does anyone have a decent mic that is good for traveling?

There are not exactly many options for traveling headsets, even googling compact gaming headset doesnt really yield many results

https://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

this is the set that I use and they fold up so they're easy to stow but ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
If you use headphones grab a modmic or something equivalent.

• Locked thread