Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Someone should just make a delivery complaints thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Spellman posted:

I know the Xbox is having trouble, but that was just mean

That Sharp Roku TV though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I've been bringing my switch to work twice a week starting this week so I can play puyo puyo tetris while I wait for my girlfriend to get out of class, so

what's the thread's favorite carrying case? I've got my eye on this one, but I'm not married to it or anything.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's a good case, a few people in the thread have recommended it before

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

deadly_pudding posted:

I've been bringing my switch to work twice a week starting this week so I can play puyo puyo tetris while I wait for my girlfriend to get out of class, so

what's the thread's favorite carrying case? I've got my eye on this one, but I'm not married to it or anything.

I've had this one since launch, and while it has served it's purpose, I'm getting annoyed. It isn't quite as firm as I would like. Plus, the joycons get stuck on the mesh when you give it the ol' in out.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swi...ndo+switch+case

This one is on sale, and will be delivered today. It's got some room, and it is hard body. I think I will really like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAUKS62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, finally got my code. Had to have the guy read it off to me over the phone because the code wasn't going to show up on my account for some undetermined length of time.

Never again.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The best carrying case is the special edition Zelda one.

Seriously it owns.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The best carrying case is the dock becuse of hardly ever leave my house

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I have this case but I got it for only $19.99 instead of $25 because I bought it at Toys 'R Us a full week before I got a Switch because I was jonesing for one like everyone else in this thread.

No room for an adapter but having the Switch logo all over the case and on the zipper helps you throw the fact that YOU HAVE A SWITCH right in the face of everyone else on the bus/train/dollar van.

It's already protected my Switch from two falls and is solidly constructed.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 28, 2017

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

deadwing posted:

HD rumble feels so good in MK8 every time I get them purple sparks

I just noticed this! Also if you bonk into the side of the track the corresponding side of the controller bonks too. Pretty rad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hauled my walking corpse to GameStop, playing the best game of all time NOW! I'll just return the Amazon shipment to GameStop whenever it arrives :]

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This thread is improving with the earnings report, very much similar to what happened after sales projections for the Apple Watch cleaned out the associated thread of doomsayers and negative Nancies.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Wii all over again.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So the new wall now is Ecolo

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I went digital. Had planned on getting carts of everything but the 6 gig install was small enough to where I'd rather just always have sweet, sweet Mario Kart available to me, even if my cart case is not with me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I don't know why people get games from Amazon if they absolutely have to play it at midnight the day of release. It's because of the prime 20% discount right?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Lakbay posted:

I don't know why people get games from Amazon if they absolutely have to play it at midnight the day of release. It's because of the prime 20% discount right?

Yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

20% discount for the inconvenience of having to deal with a physical disgusting tasting cartridge?

No thanks, friend. I buy American Digital.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Also, playing this on a hand held is an amazing experience. It seems outrageous in a good way, like it shouldn't be able to happen.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

20% discount for the inconvenience of having to deal with a physical disgusting tasting cartridge?

No thanks, friend. I buy American Digital.

The cartridge taste is part of the fully immersive Switch experience

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Also, playing this on a hand held is an amazing experience. It seems outrageous in a good way, like it shouldn't be able to happen.

:psyboom:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Someone with really sweaty hands rub a cartridge, rub hand in eyes and post trip report.

Then sue I guess?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I play Chubby Bunny with Switch cartridges

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I wanna go to the GameStop MK8D thing and pop off on a bunch of little kids. Signing my post.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lakbay posted:

Games usually come out on a weekday, the package is always waiting at my door when I get home from work. I don't get not saving money. Are people taking the day off work to play a game and having it shipped?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Paying a $15 premium in order to play a game 12 hours earlier is lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hot take: Maybe in this thread poo poo talking the way people choose to spend their money on a superfluous entertainment medium is stupid as gently caress and you should find something else to hate people for.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Is MK8 what ive been missing out on this whole time

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Lakbay posted:

20% is why I bought the physical copy, but Amazon ended up being delayed until Wednesday next week. Amazon customer service always seems to be accommodating of reasonable requests so I called and got them to cancel and apply $12 promotional credit that I used to purchase digital instead.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Hot take: Maybe in this thread poo poo talking the way people choose to spend their money on a superfluous entertainment medium is stupid as gently caress and you should find something else to hate people for.

I'd rather everyone stop hating entirely and instead make this thread the beautiful haven our creator Alfalfa envisioned!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

pragan4 posted:

20% is why I bought the physical copy, but Amazon ended up being delayed until Wednesday next week. Amazon customer service always seems to be accommodating of reasonable requests so I called and got them to cancel and apply $12 promotional credit that I used to purchase digital instead.

I 'd totally use Prime for the 20% off but I only order from Amazon like twice a year at most, that's cool they're accomadating

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kashuno posted:

i imagine you posting this while sitting atop a mountain of amiibos

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Now which one of you 1%ers got a waterfield case. Step up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

murked by dragon posted:

I wish

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

murked by dragon posted:

He's cuddling a five-foot-tall yarn Yoshi amiibo atm

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This thread is improving with the earnings report, very much similar to what happened after sales projections for the Apple Watch cleaned out the associated thread of doomsayers and negative Nancies.

FWIW if there was doom&gloom for switch we'd probably wouldn't see it for a while. Switch isn't obnoxiously overpriced like the 3DS was at launch, and BOTW has everyone more excited as the launch software over Wii U/3DS. So I don't think the initial sales was going to be an issue (personally).

What's had me mostly worried, and what I think will be more telling of how the switch will do better in the long run, is how much software we'll get after this year. Switch seems to have a good first year planned with Zelda/hopefully MK?/Mario/Splatoon, but we don't know yet what else they have planned. It's where a lot of us kept asking after the january direct, "Where's Retro? Where's Game Freak? HAL? Next Level games [or insert other studio tied to Nintendo here]?". Because the appeal to a bunch of us on the Switch was the idea that Nintendo consolidating portability with a console would mean more titles on the platform, due to focused attention. And so far we haven't exactly seen any evidence of that, just the normal amount of software we've seen Nintendo push out. People getting annoyed at 1-2 Switch didn't help Nintendo's case either.

Basically, the switch launch seems fine and I'll enjoy the switch while this lasts, but I'm not really convinced that we'll continue to see this momentum for the next year or 2 yet considering Nintendo's history from several of their Non-Wii consoles.

That said, there were some people who doom&gloomed the wii up until the end, even though the Wii did perfectly fine. I think if Nintendo can keep rolling up software like how they did the 3DS then they'll be perfectly fine.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

*Sharts in adult diaper*

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Hey gang, I also had an issue with Amazon. Won't get MK until tomorrow and they gave me five dollars in credit because I whined like a baby. I'll play Mario Kart 8 on my Wii U tonight because I'm a loving rube.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i am currently counting down the days until my next payday for when i can purchase mario kart RIGHT NOW because i am broke due to work loving me despite my fantastic financial decisions such as buying expensive consoles on launch days and i refuse to sell anything for this crack addiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

just use a credit card, $60 now and $60 on payday are both $60

if it doesn't work out, you can just sell the game and buy it again later as needed, it's like free money

• Locked thread