Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zore posted:

P3P had the choice for the female main character with mostly different S-links as well.
If they did the same thing again, redesigning all the social links would be the most difficult and expensive part of it - and the links in P5 are already so good that I almost wouldn't want them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lakbay posted:

I didn't know stage plays based on video games were a thing until people mentioned it in the Nier Automata thread

They're actually fairly common in japan, partially thanks to sakura taisen.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Harrow posted:

Adachi is horrible and his actions directly led to the deaths of two people and indirectly to the death of one more, but Akechi personally killed more than that and indirectly caused the death or serious injury of dozens more. I know we only specifically hear about Wakaba and Okumura, but man, Akechi has done some horrible poo poo.

Adachi also had no explicit backstory explaining why he was so horrible. Akechi's behavior isn't excusable, but we know that he had a rotten childhood that left him unable to have normal human relationships. I can understand that better than I can understand murder stemming from nihilism and misogyny of unspecified origin.

E: holy poo poo, I put the phone down to answer an email and two pages of this thread go by.

epenthesis fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 28, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Motto posted:

My main hope is just being on ps4 so I can transfer my ng+ data and not pay another 60 if I already own the game. I'd eventually pick it up regardless but starting from scratch would make me on it for an atlus sale.

Yeah, I'm personally just hoping for a FES-style expansion.

If I remember correctly, even with the bundled rerelease version of FES that the West got, couldn't you still import your Persona 3 save to get a bunch of NG+ bonuses?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I'm personally just hoping for a FES-style expansion.

If I remember correctly, even with the bundled rerelease version of FES that the West got, couldn't you still import your Persona 3 save to get a bunch of NG+ bonuses?

IIRC, your social stats, some items and your compendium carried over?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Even just carrying over social stats into a rerelease/expanded Persona 5 would be all I need. The compendium would obviously be great, too, but if for some reason that can't transfer (I can't imagine why but who knows) and all you get are your social stats, that'd still be enough to make a replay a lot more attractive for me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FractalSandwich posted:

If they did the same thing again, redesigning all the social links would be the most difficult and expensive part of it - and the links in P5 are already so good that I almost wouldn't want them to.

Yeah I wouldn't mind just keeping the social links in 5. 3 was better off redoing a lot of them since it had a lot of truly bad ones like Moon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rirse posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind just keeping the social links in 5. 3 was better off redoing a lot of them since it had a lot of truly bad ones like Moon.

You'd still probably have them get some new ones in so there are more dateable options than Ryuji/Yusuke/Mishima since I doubt they'll have gay relationships.

I see them potentially dumping Ohya, Hifumi, Tae and Chihaya. Maybe replacing Kawakami with one of the male teachers.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 28, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I bet if an expanded/rereleased Persona 5 doesn't have a female protagonist option some people will be upset, but I'd honestly rather they just have a female protagonist for Persona 6 and not retool all the already-great social links in 5 to retrofit one in. Although my real reason for that is because the P3P female protagonist is basically non-canon as far as spin-offs are concerned and I'd like to see any future female protagonist be able to show up in spin-offs.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh yeah, I really doubt they'll do an optional female protagonist again.

I hope with the director changing for P6 we could see one, but that's still a long ways off.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It'll be like FES and Makoto will be the protagonist complete with bullet proof vest and ammo slings all over her existing costume

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Tae seems difficult to be rid of because she's a pretty big vendor and has some actual scenes in the critical path. Maybe she just swings both ways. :3:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Zore posted:

You'd still probably have them get some new ones in so there are more dateable options than Ryuji/Yusuke/Mishima since I doubt they'll have gay relationships.

I see them potentially dumping Ohya, Hifumi, Tae and Chihaya. Maybe replacing Kawakami with one of the male teachers.

P3P had gay relationship options for the female protagonist, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

Besides, Sojiro, Iwai and Igor are all eligible bachelors. And I'm sure Toranosuke could be persuaded to take a mistress.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

NRVNQSR posted:

P3P had gay relationship options for the female protagonist, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

Besides, Sojiro, Iwai and Igor are all eligible bachelors. And I'm sure Toranosuke could be persuaded to take a mistress.

P3P had a robot that was mc-sexual. I wouldn't call that gay relationship options.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Rirse posted:

Having some jackoff who wants to bone his teacher be the magician link instead of Junpei was the biggest blunder of all time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Way out-there fever dream option: expanded Persona 5 lets you pick between Joker (who would have to be given a canon name) and Makoto as your protagonist.

I like the idea of it being like, "What if one of the other party members had received the Wild Card?", and I think the easiest character to imagine that scenario with might be Makoto, the straight-laced class president with a ton of repressed rebellion. The beginning of Makoto's path would have her receive the Wild Card and then she's late to school due to a weird Velvet Room dream and stumbles into the Metaverse with Ryuji in Joker's place. Joker joins for Kaneshiro like Makoto does, only he's tailing the group out of his own curiosity. Joker takes Makoto's role as strategist because Makoto now has Joker's role as leader. And the Sae interrogation scenes would have a very different tone, of course. Hierophant, Hermit, and (kinda) Empress confidants would need to be reworked, add romance paths to Emperor and Chariot and whatever Joker's non-Fool arcana is (make him Devil, maybe?), maybe replace Tower and Star with male (or older male, in Tower's case) characters in similar positions who can be romance options.

Again, this is so far beyond "never gonna happen" that I wonder why I even typed this, but I guess I think it's fun to think about how different things might be if someone else had the Wild Card in one of these games.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 28, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If people felt weird about dating Sadayo and Tae, then Toranosuke would be Next Level.

Extremely Same

Harrow posted:

Way out-there fever dream option: expanded Persona 5 lets you pick between Joker (who would have to be given a canon name) and Makoto as your protagonist.

I like the idea of it being like, "What if one of the other party members had received the Wild Card?"
they did this and his name was Goro Akechi.

sadly Goro had literally no other bonds and could not use it effectively

e: well I guess at the very end he gets the ability to fuse Ishtar, but that's too little too late

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 28, 2017

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Female MC exclusively gets access to the Sae Social Link. Could change the entire dynamic of the palace and interrogation. It'd be amazing.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Let's not date our legal guardians.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Bogart posted:

you can already date Kawakami who's your legal guardian 6 days a week.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope Mishima's feMC social link ends with "I should choose my words carefully" followed by "Yeah. No way" and some other form of Savage burn

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Don't date your probation dad or your weird supernatural probation uncle

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Makoto would be a terrible MC judging by her own social link

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Dote Up a Dad

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Only drawback of Makoto being the MC would be she getting turned into a mute protagonist like Maya in Persona 2.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
break the chains of rebellion that will lead to freedom and new power by dating all these hot dads in tokyo

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bogart posted:

I Want To Date Sae Shadow Sae

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I feel like people would have more of a problem with a high school girl dating a bunch of older dudes than they had with Joker doing so, even if it is really creepy and bad either way.

Look how the game already treats Kamoshida and Kawakami.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

I feel like people would have more of a problem with a high school girl dating a bunch of older dudes than they had with Joker doing so, even if it is really creepy and bad either way.

Look how the game already treats Kamoshida and Kawakami.

While you're absolutely correct about the double-standard, I also don't think Kamoshida and Kawakami are comparable situations. That said, if Joker was female and Kawakami was male, a lot more people would find that romance creepy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
do date shido sama

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Given that akechi has at least one alternative persona in robin hood, i assume he does have one bond. I guess Shido?

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Make futaba futabo for fmc

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Given that akechi has at least one alternative persona in robin hood, i assume he does have one bond. I guess Shido?

bonds go both ways, its joker

joker was probably the only person who engaged with akechi as a human being, ever

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

FeMC dating Sojiro or Iwai would make things with Futaba and Kaoru really awkward.

Doubly so when you end up dating Kaoru too afterwards.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

GimmickMan posted:

FeMC dating Sojiro or Iwai would make things with Futaba and Kaoru really awkward.

Doubly so when you end up dating Kaoru too afterwards.

hell_orbs-dad_zone.mp3

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Both Loki and Robin Hood are of the Justice arcana, so I imagine he got both at the same time and Robin Hood sprung from Akechi's duel nature of loved public hero and Trickster

Shame there seems to be no official art of Robin Hood aside from the art book cause it's a pretty cool Persona, All Might lookin rear end. It's original designs had a big "AH" on it's chest that I don't think made it, I assume it stands for A HERO

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Moltrey posted:

Both Loki and Robin Hood are of the Justice arcana, so I imagine he got both at the same time and Robin Hood sprung from Akechi's duel nature of loved public hero and Trickster

Shame there seems to be no official art of Robin Hood cause it's a pretty cool Persona, All Might lookin rear end

What are you talking about? Loki since P3 has always been of the fool arcana.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hunt11 posted:

What are you talking about? Loki since P3 has always been of the fool arcana.
talking bout the top left of this pic where I'm like 90% sure that's the kanji for Justice

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

gently caress Akechi also for taking away my man Loki (though I liked his Persona 4 design better)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Moltrey posted:

talking bout the top left of this pic where I'm like 90% sure that's the kanji for Justice

Okay that makes more sense. Anyway due to Loki being Akechi's true persona I think it makes sense for it be a fool.

• Locked thread