Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Re: Prey input lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

Neron posted:

I was looking at some chess games for PS4 and looks like there is only one, Pure Chess. Anyone played it?

I have not played it but the brief review I read basically said if you want to play solo it's very good and has a lot of good AI challenges, if you want to play others online it basically doesn't have a real time online mode period. It does have local multiplayer though I believe.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

Yeah I looked at the reviews too, was just wondering if anyone here had played it and had any opinions. Might as well try it out, the basic edition is only 5,95€. The "complete bundle" costs twice that but looking at it it only includes a few extra boards and chess sets, not sure if it's worth the extra.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Neron posted:

Yeah I looked at the reviews too, was just wondering if anyone here had played it and had any opinions. Might as well try it out, the basic edition is only 5,95€. The "complete bundle" costs twice that but looking at it it only includes a few extra boards and chess sets, not sure if it's worth the extra.

I'm pretty sure the same game is available on Steam for PC, so if you want more info/reviews you could probably check there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok I just started the Prey demo

The controls are horrific

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ok I just started the Prey demo

The controls are horrific

What, you were "Doom demo was bad too" arguing me and you hadn't experienced the glory that was those controls? drat.

I do like that they say they are going to fix them, I don't believe it though. Still gonna rent it and see how far I get before I give up. And hope I fight things other then the monsters the whole time.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Yeah apparently the input lag is bad on PS4 and will be fixed for release, Xbox One is fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

What, you were "Doom demo was bad too" arguing me and you hadn't experienced the glory that was those controls? drat.

I never said the Doom demo was bad :confused:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah apparently the input lag is bad on PS4 and will be fixed for release, Xbox One is fine.

Maybe mixed you up then.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Is it? that's really good news.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Bombadilillo posted:

Is it? that's really good news.

I mean that's what the PR woman on reddit said, so who knows! DH2 had some pretty bad input lag but I still enjoyed the gently caress out of that game so whatever. I'm gonna play the demo tonight so we'll see.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Neron posted:

I've only played single player and I think I got it similarily cheap in a sale. Nice interface and lots of tutorials and options for AI difficulty and stuff. Basically just what you'd want out of a chess game. Not sure why you'd really want the skins and stuff in the "complete edition"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They sure picked a boring start to this demo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I mean that's what the PR woman on reddit said, so who knows! DH2 had some pretty bad input lag but I still enjoyed the gently caress out of that game so whatever. I'm gonna play the demo tonight so we'll see.

I just came from dishonored 2 and the demo is insanely worse. Dishonored didn't feel great, this feels terrible.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Spotlight sale on Mass Effect. Pays to wait a few weeks, I guess.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

My impression of Mass Effect is that the story missions are cool, but the majority of the game is Dragon Age Inquisition style open world quests.

Is that accurate?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
The loyalty missions are cool. The main story is pretty meh, there's only two new alien races and the bad guy aliens are really boring/feel like they're some writer's pet project so they're the shoehorned answer to everything going on.

I enjoyed my time with the game but it's no Mass Effect 2 that's for sure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

My impression of Mass Effect is that the story missions are cool, but the majority of the game is Dragon Age Inquisition style open world quests.

Is that accurate?

The story missions are not cool, the writing's pretty tepid, and most of the stuff you do is checking tickboxes without any real lore to conceal it. Also anything interesting in the setting at all goes completely ignored after you're doing whatever job you were sent to it for.

If you're interested in exploring a new galaxy, making first contact with new alien races and being the first person to set foot on unexplored worlds, prepare for disappointment across the board.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

I just came from dishonored 2 and the demo is insanely worse. Dishonored didn't feel great, this feels terrible.

Yeah dishonored feels slow by design. Prey feels broken

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Avoid until it's patched. Netcode's still atrocious, just about every major problem from ME3 except the controls was dutifully replicated if not exacerbated, and the balance might very well be the worst I've ever experienced in a co-op game. Maybe even worse balance than warframe, and that's not a sentence I ever hoped I'd have to say. Shots to kill a basic mook on gold is measured in magazines for many guns.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Is that accurate?
No, the characters are annoying and badly written, and there's a lot of them, and they're all boring and talk a lot. And the story missions also take place within a DAI style open world. It takes a needlessly long time to get around TO those story missions. I'm not usually one for saying "it would be better if it wasn't so open" but it would really be better if it wasn't so open. Dragon Age Inquisition is a much better game, and that's saying something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just remembered in Dragon Age Inquisition where you'd go to the war room and send people off on missions that sounded infinitely more interesting than any of the poo poo you got to actually do

:psyduck:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
On the subject of a good new game, Little Nightmares is out and pretty drat disturbing :suspense:. If you like games like Limbo and INSIDE, it's well worth a look.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On the subject of a good new game, Little Nightmares is out and pretty drat disturbing :suspense:. If you like games like Limbo and INSIDE, it's well worth a look.

That was the vibe I got from it, very very "Inside". Being so used to walking on a purely 2d plane screwed me over a few times, I stumbled clumsily off a ton of thin walkways/pipelines and to my death.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh god Little Nightmares is out too? I'm finally catching up on all these AAA releases and all the indie stuff I was interested in gets dropped at the same time.

I'm not usually into the Tim Burton-esque aesthetic but little nightmares looks loving gorgeous.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Oh god Little Nightmares is out too? I'm finally catching up on all these AAA releases and all the indie stuff I was interested in gets dropped at the same time.

I'm not usually into the Tim Burton-esque aesthetic but little nightmares looks loving gorgeous.

It really looks like a stop-motion film, it's that goddamn pretty. I actually sprung for the Six Edition.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It really looks like a stop-motion film, it's that goddamn pretty. I actually sprung for the Six Edition.

How long is it? People report that is really really short (3 hours sound way too short for the price).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Reviews I read said 5 hours. Seems totally reasonable for a $20 game?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

While I'm not particularly convinced Prey is going to be good atm, I'm also not sure why people keep trying to compare it to fast paced FPS games when it's clearly some sort of Dishonored/Deus Ex thing .

Controls suck for tracking the monsters without it just being a shitshow. Also they are weird and too accelerated for easily "mousing over" all the tiny poo poo you need to pick up.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Tell me a game to rent this weekend.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Persona 5

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Bombadilillo posted:

Huh, guess I'll see when I get home from work today.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Knack

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Would it be physically possible for the mobile PSN store to be a bigger piece of poo poo?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoever thought it'd be a good gameplay decision to make your screen go smudged black during a fight with a mimic in Prey is a real genius.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

But that is a loooooong A jRPG I would need many weekends for.

I'll look for TLOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Loving little nightmares so far. It's so cool.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Loving little nightmares so far. It's so cool.

I'm in love with this game. I can already see it being one of those games I rave about to people, like Unraveled.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't know if anyone cares outside of the Sports games ghetto but it looks like Costco has the MVP version of MLB 2017 for the same price as the base game. I was looking on Amazon recently and the cheapest it was going on there was for 90 plus dollars and the base game is still sitting at 59.99.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm in love with this game. I can already see it being one of those games I rave about to people, like Unraveled.

Unraveled was lame tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Unraveled was lame tho

You heartless monster.