Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

just use a credit card, $60 now and $60 on payday are both $60

if it doesn't work out, you can just sell the game and buy it again later as needed, it's like free money

yes, this is why i don't have any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Canada Amazon prime has more switches up, I grabbed one so they must have decent stock in this time.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Look at all the dumbasses giving the Switch a 1 star rating on Amazon because they thought they were going to get a Switch from a scammer for 150 dollars

whaley fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 28, 2017

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Jarogue posted:

Back to back tetris gently caress him up good. alsoTry to combo the junk pieces he send you.

You can also create a 2-wide column on one side, then slam a bunch of pieces down that well for a higher chain count.

Refugees from Kart-Chat who want to discuss PuyoTetris can join us in the dedicated thread.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I was at work today so I went to a shop and I bought Mario Kart. It's being delivered to my house right now, in my jacket pocket.

That's my delivery story hope you liked it. In other news, does Daisy still yell "I'M THE BEEEEST" when she wins, because I need to know if I need to start yelling it manually when I beat my sister

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So this MK has all the dlc stuff, do you have to unlock junk?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

So this MK has all the dlc stuff, do you have to unlock junk?

Coins are unlocking kart parts for me so there's that. I just spent the entire lunch hour playing Mario Kart at work on our conference TV. It was wonderful.

It's crazy how much I missed having my butt pounded by blue shells constantly.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

just use a credit card, $60 now and $60 on payday are both $60

if it doesn't work out, you can just sell the game and buy it again later as needed, it's like free money

One of the reason I decided to buy a Switch was because I noticed my credit limit doubled

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

is there a master goon switch friend code list

either way mine is SW-7325-3136-9128

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe the pro controller has a semitransparent face and it's not atomic purple. Nintendo is loving us again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

So the new wall now is Ecolo

You liar
You cheater
You trickster
WHAT A FRAUD
JUST A IMITATION

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anyone set up goon race rooms yet?

LunaSky
Sep 10, 2008

Even Diablo has a soft side
I still don't have any tracking info for my pre-order of MK8 from Amazon. :sadwave:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's real hosed up that you can't play as Yu in PPT

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo I skipped MK8 on WiiU and I am kinda happy I did because I might not have bought it on Switch and HOT drat it is amazing. The music, the maps, the graphics. It's amazing. I am gonna play this to death. Having it on portable is insane.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm going to kill myself getting all these 3 stars in Grand Prix but I'm going to loving get all these 3 stars in Grand Prix.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Hello friends. I jumped on the Amazon Switch train yesterday. I have some questions about accessories:

1. What would I need a spare set of joy cons for in the near future?
2. How easy is it to pair said extra joy cons? Could I say, bring all 4 for portable rooftop parties fairly easily?
3. How necessary would you say the charging grip is? Is it easy to roll the joy cons in the charging grip plus a pro controller without issue?
4. Is the amilm glass protector the best protector?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Well Mario Kart is what I've been wanting extra joycons for.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm going to kill myself getting all these 3 stars in Grand Prix but I'm going to loving get all these 3 stars in Grand Prix.

what does it get you in this version of the game?

separately, what do I need to do to get slick/cyber slick?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Well Mario Kart is what I've been wanting extra joycons for.

So you can roll 4 people local in MK8D? What about portbale mode?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

For anybody interested in the Switch from a hardware perspective, check out this iFixit teardown of the Switch that shows off how elegantly the Switch is designed/assembled. drat, it's more like a laptop than a console. It sure beats the poo poo out of the original DS in terms of quality and 'build.' Apologies if it's been posted before.

The modular construction makes it a lot easier to service than the DS ever was. I find it interesting that it has laptop RAM (LPDDR4) that's even more advanced than the goddamn newest MacBook Pro! (which uses LPDDR3.)

LPDDR4 is what most laptops should be shipping with these days; it only makes sense that Nintendo is using LPDDR4 as it's more power efficient than LPDDR3, what with the CPUs/GPUs and fan probably eating a big bite out of that power budget.

I am also super glad it's using Broadcom chips for WiFi, it appears they're using the very latest 2x2 MIMO 802.11ac chips. If there's dual antennas, the Switch should be capable of receiving data at 867 Mbps, which should translate to real world throughput of 103-106 MB/sec, extremely important when downloading huge loving binaries like Zelda at 6.7 GB total size. Maybe sometime soon I'll time how long a download takes, maybe for Metal Slug or something and see if that speed jibes.

Broadcom recently sold its WiFi business to Cypress Semiconductor, which is why it's listed under both vendor names.

That particular chip used in the Switch, the BCM4356, not only does WiFi but also Bluetooth 4.1, it's a combo chip that also includes an FM radio core which can transmit AND receive. But with everything else in the Switch, and squinting real hard at the PCB boards in the article, I doubt that they bothered to connect the pins and provide both circuit traces and firmware support to activate it. Very interesting as it's the same exact chip used in the Nexus 6 smartphone to provide WiFi/Bluetooth.

Quick aside, a lot of smartphones in Asia and Europe take advantage of this, you'll find smartphones in those markets routinely offer FM radio; the only reason it's not offered much, or at all in the Americas is because US carriers don't want anything in your phone providing something that they can't charge for, they'd rather you stream it over the Internet where they can get you on data charges.

tl;dr: the Switch has more advanced memory than the latest MacBook Pro and is designed very well, like a high-end laptop.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 28, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I don't know, are you sure it's the right kind of RAM?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
too bad they didnt use the macbook glue

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Target MK8D Rubik's Cube Update: You don't have to preorder -- if you're buying it physically from Target the cube is included in the price but you may have to remind the employees about that as they seem to be forgetful on that front.

Shadow225 posted:

1. What would I need a spare set of joy cons for in the near future?
2. How easy is it to pair said extra joy cons? Could I say, bring all 4 for portable rooftop parties fairly easily?
3. How necessary would you say the charging grip is? Is it easy to roll the joy cons in the charging grip plus a pro controller without issue?

1) Puyo Puyo Tetris is great to be able to bust out the 4-player on (you can even 1v3 them if they're not experienced players). I imagine guests would enjoy having a two-con setup for Mario Kart 8 shenanigans, but I haven't actually gotten home with that one yet.
2) Super easy for joycons proper. Just click them in the system (which is very satisfying to do) and they're paired to that system. I've had a little more trouble pairing the Pro Controller.
3) The charging grip doesn't portably charge the joycons. It has to be plugged in to function. Joycon battery is already pretty good, so unless you expect to never take the system portably (which is where it really shines), I would not bother with one of these.

I've also found myself not using the goose neck mount at all like I thought I would because the tiny plastic portable play stands are more than adequate for me to play on my desk while charging or my belly while not-sleeping.

Also I got the backpack because I like carrying around too many things and as a book + headphones + switch + accessories pack it's been pretty good to me. But I would not put a laptop in it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How bad is the cube?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Lemming posted:

I don't know, are you sure it's the right kind of RAM?

Unless the iFixit guys are lying through their teeth and they PhotoShopped the picture they took of the logic board to match the published specs for Samsung's RAM, yah.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cojawfee posted:

How bad is the cube?

It's a bad cube with stickers of mario's face. Something for a baby to choke on.

Binary Badger posted:

Unless the iFixit guys are lying through their teeth and they PhotoShopped the picture they took of the logic board to match the published specs for Samsung's RAM, yah.

Lol

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has overtaken Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Horizon: Zero Dawn as the best selling game so far in 2017 on Amazon US's top seller list.

This game is a monster.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dead. Console.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Spellman posted:

Now which one of you 1%ers got a waterfield case. Step up

:smug:

My rationale for splurging on the case is that I didn't buy a screen protector.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd definitely like a less bulky case to take just the Switch with me. The Zelda one's fine if I'm going to a friend's place and want more joycons or to have a charger or some extra games, but I was stuck at my doctor's office for 45 minutes today and I could have been playing Mario Kart.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Roy was my favorite Mario Kart 8 character until my boy King Boo came along.

I love this game so drat much.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Let's argue about the best tracks. I mean the right answer is the ski slope level but let's still argue.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Let's argue about the best tracks. I mean the right answer is the ski slope level but let's still argue.

Big Blue, the end

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dead. Console.

Yeah destined to wind up in the trash can of history twenty years from now

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I really liked the Wario Ski Slope thing. The SNES Rainbow Road is dope.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Electrodome is cool as hell.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

it came out today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Earth Table posted:

Roy was my favorite Mario Kart 8 character until my boy King Boo came along.

I love this game so drat much.

Need a King Boo gang tag, my boy rolls DEEP

• Locked thread