Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Jack B Nimble posted:

Crankcase recall? I've got a 2015 cb300f and am curious to see how selling this goes for you.

Yah, that's the one. I don't remember the specifics of the recall. I'll let you know how it goes when I sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone in need or want for future use a Bandit 1250 clutch kit?
I was going to replace the the clutch bits on my bike and I got wrecked, so the savings are passed on to you.
It's the kit with the friction plates, steel plates, springs, et. al. for a complete clutch rebuild.

Free to the first person calling "DIBS".

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Skreemer posted:

Anyone in need or want for future use a Bandit 1250 clutch kit?
I was going to replace the the clutch bits on my bike and I got wrecked, so the savings are passed on to you.
It's the kit with the friction plates, steel plates, springs, et. al. for a complete clutch rebuild.

Free to the first person calling "DIBS".

Dibs. I'm rebuilding a Bandit right now. How's the motor on the wreck? I need one if it's not in terrible shape.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Dibs. I'm rebuilding a Bandit right now. How's the motor on the wreck? I need one if it's not in terrible shape.

uhhh if you look through "crashed toys" or copart in the Dallas area you might find it. The insurance company gave me 4500$ for the bike, they are going for less that, if they even sell on ebay. I took the money and laughed all the way to the bank and they hauled it off to the auction place.

Heck I found it on their site:
https://www.copart.com/lot/26728317

It's the Blue 2008 bandit for 30$ currently. There's a surprise under the seat of a brand new set of front and rear brake pads.
That bike is rebuildable, the motor runs fine though the radiator might need to be looked at as it is bent slightly though it wasn't leaking when I rode it around the neighborhood after I get it home.. It's got less than 2K miles on the tires, the chain and sprockets are fairly new, I changed them under 7K miles ago. It needs the brake and clutch DOT4 changed out. It's got a 6 month old AGM battery in it. I put Sta-bil in the tank so whomever gets it should be able to fire it right up as long as it still has charge.

Send your address to my username @gmail.com and I'll get the clutch kit out to you.

HAHAHA I looked through the pictures, they left the hand written note with what's wrong I had taped to the bike on the tank.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 25, 2017

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
sold

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 4, 2017

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Skreemer posted:

Heck I found it on their site:
https://www.copart.com/lot/26728317

It's the Blue 2008 bandit for 30$ currently. There's a surprise under the seat of a brand new set of front and rear brake pads.
That bike is rebuildable, the motor runs fine though the radiator might need to be looked at as it is bent slightly though it wasn't leaking when I rode it around the neighborhood after I get it home.. It's got less than 2K miles on the tires, the chain and sprockets are fairly new, I changed them under 7K miles ago. It needs the brake and clutch DOT4 changed out. It's got a 6 month old AGM battery in it. I put Sta-bil in the tank so whomever gets it should be able to fire it right up as long as it still has charge.

HAHAHA I looked through the pictures, they left the hand written note with what's wrong I had taped to the bike on the tank.

I wouldn't steal the bike out from babyeatingpsychopath if he wanted it, but I live close-ish to Dallas, would you mind telling me more about what's wrong with the bike? I read the link and...is it really just damage to the front end like forks, wheel, turn signals, fairings, etc? Surely there's some damage to the front of the frame or something? I mean, I've never looked at a wrecked bike auction and don't know what it will really sell for, but for ~100 bucks I could be convinced to make a terrible decision.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 25, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Really disappointed that copart.com isn't art drawn by cops.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I wouldn't steal the bike out from babyeatingpsychopath if he wanted it, but I live close-ish to Dallas, would you mind telling me more about what's wrong with the bike? I read the link and...is it really just damage to the front end like forks, wheel, turn signals, fairings, etc? Surely there's some damage to the front of the frame or something? I mean, I've never looked at a wrecked bike auction and don't know what it will really sell for, but for ~100 bucks I could be convinced to make a terrible decision.

babyeatingpsychopath lives out on the east coast. I'm not sure if he'll bid on it or not. There's no damage to the frame nothing wrong with the front forks, and to be honest the mark the made on the front fender was from me screwing around and bumping my tire into someone elses bike.

That being said, the front fairing is toast. It's mostly one piece and it's completely broken on the right side. Along with the right turn signal. There's some small dents in the tank and a few paint blemishes here and there from the soft luggage I had on the bike from time to time. The insurance company totaled it because they go by the book. They use full MSRP replacement part cost which came out to be something near 3K$. They included the exhaust which while scratched to heck doesn't really need replacing. The handle bars and levers while scratched aren't bent or broken, though the bar ends might need to be replaced. Because I locked up the front tire, they included the tires as part of the replacement cost, they really don't need to be replaced.

When they added in the expert labor of pulling everything off and putting it all back together, that ended up being another 1200$ or 1300$, it was at that point they pulled out the "totaled" label and gave me a check. Because I still had the title and could sign it over to them it goes as a title sale instead of salvage.

If your wanted to go real cheap on fixing the bike up, you could buy an after market bucket headlamp and a vapor dash or something and have a decent bike that you could easily use as a commuter or sport touring. I used to go all over the place on it, and it eats miles like mad and is comfortable enough that I've done trips from Dubuque Iowa all the way to Indianapolis, while routing through Chicago to pick up friends and whatnot. 200 - 300 mile days are easy.

The only questionable bit is the radiator.and the whole radiator assembly from bike bandit is 590$ (the insurance company put it down at msrp of 735 in their records). The radiator hit the ground and was bent backwards a bit so it touches the horn. It wasn't leaking when I got it home and fired it up but I won't guarantee there is nothing wrong with it.

On the plus side if you are nearish Dallas I've had that bike since 2011 and it was brand new when I bought it with 8 miles on the odometer. Prior to that I had another '08 Bandit that was it's exact twin. I'll lend you whatever knowledge I have of the bike and can send you the PDF of the service manual and what not if you decide to go for it. If it wasn't for the fact they offered me full KBB value for the bike instead of market value I might not have gotten rid of it.

One other caveat. Copart and other auction sites like this are a bit of pain in the rear end. They require proxy bidders and there are fees involved in handing everything over and the cost of all that can add 400 - 600 dollars to the auction price. It's not a popular model. It's not going to get much at auction. If you can get the bike for under 1000$ I think it would be a good deal as you could easily get it back on the road with less than another 1K$ in parts including the radiator if you do all the work yourself.

If you want to confer with me about it, my username @gmail.com is the email, reach out.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 25, 2017

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Fuckkkkk

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the excellent write up, and you cleary know more about buying a "wrecked" bike than I do. Unfortunately I'm not really in a position to drop a grand or two on a second bike, even though agree it's a great deal for anyone that could. I especially like how it won't technically count as salvaged.

I'll keep my eye on it though.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They pronounce it co-part, I agree with your sentiments 100%. They are in the building next to the one I work in so I have to see their sign all the time.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Buhbuhj posted:

I know there's a few goons that have FZ-09s in here. I sold mine and I have my Yoshimura r77 full exhaust left to get rid of. I'd like 400 shipped for it.

*pants not included.

I'm tentatively interested, pants or otherwise. I need to check with wife et cetera. Do you need to do an ECU reflash? Or re-reflash, I guess. I have the Stoltec ECU reflash.

Is it neighbor-annoyingly loud?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Yoshi says it's fine if you leave the baffle in(Stoltec flash should be fine anyway). Honestly I couldn't notice a difference in noise level with or without it. It's not too loud, at idle it's fairly tame but screams up top. I mainly got it because I wear earplugs and I could not hear the stock exhaust at all.

It's funny because I thought it was pretty loud but my Tuono stock pipe is actually louder.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

PaintVagrant posted:

ALPINESTARS GEAR FOR WEE MEN/LADIES

Clearing out all my gear after selling my bike. All of the gear is in great condition, non-smoker house, yadda yadda. None of it has ever been crashed in Prices do not include shipping, PM me and we can figure out shipping costs. Will ship to US and Canada. If anyone wants all of it in one shot, we can make a deal.

Gp-Pro Leather Jacket, 38/48. Wore for ~500 miles of riding. So new I could put it on the shelf back at the store and someone would buy it without realizing. Still smells like leather/Sport Bike Track Gear store. Includes upgraded nucleon back protector. $350

T-Jaws Air Jacket (mesh), size medium. Fits looser than the GP-Pro, prob around a 40 or 42 size. Has about 3500 miles of riding on it. White is a little dingy because bugs, but otherwise is in great condition. Stock back protector. Armor, zippers, etc. all in great shape, no damage. $120

MX-5 Boots, size 7.5/41. Wore for ~1000 miles. Still smell new, no sole wear to speak of. Sliders have a few mild scuffs but no real wear. $120

Alpinestars SP-2 gloves, size small. 2000 miles on them. Just broken in, no thread damage or splitting or anything else. The red dye is known to bleed a little, so the white has some ding from that, but thats apparently typical with these gloves and will happen to all of them. $75

Both jackets still available, gloves and boots sold.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

I have a pair of Held Agadir summer gloves in good shape, size 9. Only selling because I bought them used online and they are too small for me :( I wish they fit because they are very nice gloves, Superfabric etc. My palm measurement is 8.5-9 inches or so, but I have very long fingers so the wrist rides way too high. If you have normal fingers and palms in the area of 8.5 inchs these would probably fit great.

Pics at https://m.imgur.com/a/mDpy9

Review of the gloves: https://youtu.be/2DMUpddBRsY

$80 shipped CONUS

edit: sold

Man_of_Teflon fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 9, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Buhbuhj posted:

Yoshi says it's fine if you leave the baffle in(Stoltec flash should be fine anyway). Honestly I couldn't notice a difference in noise level with or without it. It's not too loud, at idle it's fairly tame but screams up top. I mainly got it because I wear earplugs and I could not hear the stock exhaust at all.

It's funny because I thought it was pretty loud but my Tuono stock pipe is actually louder.

Interested if Orbital's wife says no. How many miles on it?

Also, I wear earplugs too and can't hear the exhaust for poo poo compared to how loud my Yosh SV was.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
There's roughly 1500 miles on it. It's also handy if you want to remove 10lbs or so. It's really light and the stock system is...the opposite.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

TheFonz posted:

Interested if Orbital's wife says no. How many miles on it?

Also, I wear earplugs too and can't hear the exhaust for poo poo compared to how loud my Yosh SV was.

No, it's cool. I've decided to prioritize getting a better seat and a leather suit. And I'm still at the point where I've never once thought, "Huh, what this bike really needs is more power!"

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

captainOrbital posted:

No, it's cool. I've decided to prioritize getting a better seat and a leather suit. And I'm still at the point where I've never once thought, "Huh, what this bike really needs is more power!"

Exhausts are not a power thing anymore.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Are they not

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Weight and noise. Sorry, that initial response came off as super dickish, not meant that way FZ-09 bro.

I think it's shown almost all modern engines run as well with stock exhausts as they do with aftermarket ones. That being said, aftermarket might have better potential with correct tuning, but again I think that's questionable science these days. Exhausts are a LOT better than they were 10/15 years ago.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
TheFonz I don't have pms so if you want the exhaust just hit up my email buhbuhj at gmail.com

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

They're right here, just staring at me.

Been working 7/week 10+/day for a month now, but

:toxx:Next day off, I promise I will set up my Venmo and everyone on the list can email me at beachbum.sb@gmail.com with their username and shipping details and I will package and ship these drat things, every stamp licked by yours truly:toxx:

Put "keytagSA" somewhere in your email so I can sort this out easily since that's my rando i-don't-care-what-goes-here email.

Edit goddammit that's not the right loving email it's .sb

Update: I have wrangled a day off this Tuesday :unsmigghh: Everyone who has emailed me their shipping details to the address above will get their keytags packaged on Tuesday, and I will drop them in the mail when payment request is fulfilled. I finally bit the bullet and set up a Paypal account since that what everyone seems to use. I also have Venmo and Google Wallet if you too, like me, hate Paypal (yes I know Paypal owns Venmo as of 2013 :argh:)

Since this is just postage-stamp shipping you don't get anything fancy like tracking numbers. If you don't get your tags you get a refund. Please be nice and don't ask for a refund if you get your keytags :unsmith:

I'm going through my email now responding to folks.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Beach Bum posted:

Update: I have wrangled a day off this Tuesday

Word, I emailed you (I'm on the list). Still stoked for these because I am getting really damned sick of seeing REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT everywhere despite being guilty of it once myself.

edit: emailed you a second time with important details like shipping address and keytagSA keyword :downs: Is your paypal address the same gmail you posted?

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 29, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Emailed you as well, as I'm also on The List.

Also want to double check your PayPal is the same as the gmail here, so I can send you some digital funds.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Payment information
https://www.paypal.me/beachbumsb
https://www.venmo.com/beachbumsb
Google Wallet: beachbum.sb@gmail.com

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla
Cleaning out the closet

TCX X-Street Shoes
Sold

Alpinestars Waterproof Moon Boots

Can't remember the exact model number of these and I can't find the receipt either, sorry. I also barely wore these. Certainly never took them on a long ride... almost no wear. They're 11US/44EU but I'd say they're more a true size as they're snug on me. Velcro on both sides and entry zipper on the inside.
$40 + shipping.

Ortlieb Dry Bags

I've had these for 8(!) years but, they're still in great condition and work awesome. I'm back to a bike with factory luggage, so I might as well get these sold.
$80 + shipping.

And lastly some bits left from my old Z1000 (2003):

Power Commander III USB

$60 + shipping.

Throttlemeister bar ends

$40 + shipping.

FYI, my shipping zip is 93117.

tarzanspuma fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 7, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is the z1000 wiring harness hard wired to that pc3 or could it be adapted for another bike? (ie my SV)

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Beach Bum posted:

Update: I have wrangled a day off this Tuesday :unsmigghh: Everyone who has emailed me their shipping details to the address above will get their keytags packaged on Tuesday, and I will drop them in the mail when payment request is fulfilled. I finally bit the bullet and set up a Paypal account since that what everyone seems to use. I also have Venmo and Google Wallet if you too, like me, hate Paypal (yes I know Paypal owns Venmo as of 2013 :argh:)

Since this is just postage-stamp shipping you don't get anything fancy like tracking numbers. If you don't get your tags you get a refund. Please be nice and don't ask for a refund if you get your keytags :unsmith:

If there are any left, any way I can get in on this? :) these tags look cool as heck

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

I'll also throw my name in to buy a key tag in case someone doesn't come through with payment.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Paypal'd and email sent. :3:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Jack B Nimble posted:

Crankcase recall? I've got a 2015 cb300f and am curious to see how selling this goes for you.

Well, I sold it to GP Bikes which is the Ducati-KTM-used bikes-big rear end loving motorcycle dealership/merch/gear seller in these parts o' mine for $2k CAD. That's $500 to $1000 less than what I wanted but after a bunch of "this is my first bike I have cash i will pick up today whats your number" and "hey if you get it lowered for me i will buy it please mod your bike for me" I said gently caress it and just accepted GP Bikes' offer. Very professional, all the apeprwork and I just gotta go cash the cheque now tomorrow.

I made way less money but, gently caress it, the piece of mind, professionalism and convenience dealing with a reputable licensed dealership made it worth it for me. I hate hate selling to random internet strangers off Kijiji.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

"this is my first bike I have cash i will pick up today whats your number"

What's wrong with this?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

spouse posted:

What's wrong with this?

I forgot to put the part where they were low balling incessently (Below even $2k) and one guy was even insisting that he'll transfer me $500 via bank transfer and then transfer me the rest of the cash 4 months later when he's back in the country. Oh, and first-timers asking for test rides.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

That makes more sense. Oofah.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is the z1000 wiring harness hard wired to that pc3 or could it be adapted for another bike? (ie my SV)

Hard wired for the specific application.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Crap, oh well

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Wirth1000 posted:

Well, I sold it to GP Bikes which is the Ducati-KTM-used bikes-big rear end loving motorcycle dealership/merch/gear seller in these parts o' mine for $2k CAD. That's $500 to $1000 less than what I wanted but after a bunch of "this is my first bike I have cash i will pick up today whats your number" and "hey if you get it lowered for me i will buy it please mod your bike for me" I said gently caress it and just accepted GP Bikes' offer. Very professional, all the apeprwork and I just gotta go cash the cheque now tomorrow.

I made way less money but, gently caress it, the piece of mind, professionalism and convenience dealing with a reputable licensed dealership made it worth it for me. I hate hate selling to random internet strangers off Kijiji.

I can't blame you, I'd have done the same thing. Thanks for letting me know, I hope to see you show off a new bike soon.

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Sellin' my big bike. Lookin' for a little bike. Goon price $9500

If advrider links are ok: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2013-super-tenere-8k-miles.1222934/

if not: https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/6112781486.html

ALSO SOMEONE BUY THIS loving HELMET FOR $200. IT'S BRAND NEW IN THE BOX AND SITTING IN MY BASEMENT
https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mpo/6112775077.html (here's it listed on revzilla for $550 loving dollars: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-k1r-meridian-helmet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

JohnnyDangerously posted:

Sellin' my big bike. Lookin' for a little bike. Goon price $9500

If advrider links are ok: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2013-super-tenere-8k-miles.1222934/

if not: https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/6112781486.html

ALSO SOMEONE BUY THIS loving HELMET FOR $200. IT'S BRAND NEW IN THE BOX AND SITTING IN MY BASEMENT
https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mpo/6112775077.html (here's it listed on revzilla for $550 loving dollars: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-k1r-meridian-helmet)

You're too honest. Take that bit about the tires squaring off a bit out of there. Nobody will notice it, but somebody will try to bargain with that since you mentioned it.