Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

elon musk is that part in east of eden where adam decides to invest all his money in shipping perishable produce from california to the east coast by rail and everyone in town supposes he knows what he's doing because he'a rich

this is our entire economy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

elon musk is that part in east of eden where adam decides to invest all his money in shipping perishable produce from california to the east coast by rail and everyone in town supposes he knows what he's doing because he'a rich

the pictures where the car is on its own little platform in the tunnel and the platform is flying through

that was when it hit me, that this was the dumbest least efficient method possible

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/tom_murray3/status/857916373116309505

"but more importantly gimme those sweet pics"

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/MissRyley/status/858005432098533376

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I can't for the life of me find any reference of when Trump called someone as an anonymous source (I want to say less than a month ago) and because of his speech patterns it was clearly him. Anyone have that? Did I dream that?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The festival, which is promoted by Fyre Media Inc., so far has 35 acts on the bill, including Blink-182 and Beto Abrahao, a DJ who specializes in producing ’70s and ’80s rock remixes for clients that include Middle Eastern and European royalty.

this is a joke too right

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Genius level grifting

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo I wasn't being serious

It keeps happening!

the russians have been playing the longest game imaginable

the cold war never ended

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I can't for the life of me find any reference of when Trump called someone as an anonymous source (I want to say less than a month ago) and because of his speech patterns it was clearly him. Anyone have that? Did I dream that?

it was by ryan lizza and about a week ago

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

This take is so hot that it could provide power that the festival attendees desperately need.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/858023354615422976

that background

is he a loving goon

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

cool

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/858046230970150914

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Duscat posted:

oh good

at least this generation will have the lowest birth rates ever

Should he really be bragging about how well he knows and bunch of 13-15 year old boys?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no he totally did this but i don't have it on hand

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Homeless Friend posted:

Genius level grifting

"Well, you don't see any tigers around, do you?"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fyre’s creative director, Mark Musters, said the festival is aimed at millennials and is intended to “capture those Instagram moments” in an “offline experience.”

i cant take this anymore

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I had some clean pee in a heat sealed bag ready to test. It was tucked in some tight boxer briefs.
They called my name. I stood up, the bag then dropped out of my underwear, slid down my leg and caught on the top of my shoe where the ankle is. It rested against the inside of my pants and the shoe, so I walked like a real cool dude to the bathroom and did the test.

Pretty awesome time that was.

There are drinks that are very effective and easier than storing hot piss in a bag. Formula 420 is effective.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/855524856867291140

there it is

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Friend: I went on a date last night.

Me: yawn who cares

Friend: Offline.

Me: whoa holy poo poo what was it like

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

it would be so easy to just NOT do this, and yet they keep doing it lol

i'm 95% sure at this point the rosneft deal is real, the way everyone feels the need to cover up their russian connections

if it's not that, it's something even worse

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tiffany stole the Matrix of Leadership and took it to Fyre Island.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Next time I get drug tested I'm going to use synethic piss in a water bong so that the levels that come back are off the loving charts ridiculous

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

snake owns

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Poochie's back!

quote:

Initially, Yiannopolos will be the company's main talent. “I’m the proof of concept,” he said, but added that he hoped to eventually expand the company. “The thing about me is that I have access to a talent pipeline that no one else even knows about. All the funniest, smartest, most interesting young YouTubers and all the rest of them who hate feminism, who hate political correctness. This generation that’s coming up, it’s about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me, and I’m going to be actively hunting around for the next Milo.”

[extremely Milo voice] im interested in grooming some 13 year olds, you might say

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

Genius level grifting

Yeah this seems likely to be an extremely profitable product, and is on-brand since the NRA has an established insurance arm that offers liability insurance to ranges and sporting clubs (where it is actually needed).

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Yinlock posted:

https://twitter.com/tom_murray3/status/857916373116309505

"but more importantly gimme those sweet pics"

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

the russians have been playing the longest game imaginable

the cold war never ended

I remember this documentary on the CIA from a few years ago, the CIA man was taking how they were operating during the cold war with the strictest security nearly in the dark all the time, just under the assumption the KGB was doing the same thing waiting to jump on the smallest mistake. But when they actually got a look inside the Russians it was super disappointing and nothing like they imagined

Now I wonder if that was an even bigger psy-op for the longest game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait, that was loving real?

I was sure it was a joke.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Ah, thanks!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/gpbfl/status/858046506976280576
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/858047138709872641

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mayor Dave posted:

elon musk is the comic book genius inventor if you remove all the sense of whimsy and purpose

also the bit about inventing

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

TheBigAristotle posted:

There are drinks that are very effective and easier than storing hot piss in a bag. Formula 420 is effective.

Thanks, yeah I've seen people pass with stuff like that. Thanks for the specific product name. Hopefully it's not something I'll have to worry with anytime soon.

I always found it hard to take the gamble when I could just play with unfrozen piss-sickles instead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i thought they got an extension.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf posted:

https://twitter.com/tina_nguyen/status/858024277332963328

remember when you thought milo was gone lol

Shkrelli trying really hard to stay relevant

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

They all do this, fyi.

If someone quotes, like, a senior official with the State Department, it's probably the secretary of state or one of the next two in line.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im going to gently caress your life up with my army of 13 year olds

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Fyre’s creative director, Mark Musters, said the festival is aimed at millennials and is intended to “capture those Instagram moments” in an “offline experience.”

i cant take this anymore

How do people speak like this without spontaneously bleeding out of their eyeballs or something?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pisses me off that all the "YOU CAN HAVE GUNS EVERYWHERE! FREEDOM!" laws always exclude absolutely anywhere that the people who pass the laws live or meet

if you vote that somebody can bring a rifle into my office you drat well better be prepared for me to bring a rifle into yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Here's another one:

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/855622925717823488

• Locked thread