Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need that hat for my next VA psychiatrist visit.

That dude's loving crazier than I am and claimed to believe in chem trails and haarp conspiracy poo poo during my second appointment. I don't remember the details of how the conversation got there, but if I had to guess, probably a matter of statistical significance compared to massive scale poo poo, and then he let the turd drop that he believes the government is altering the atmosphere on a grand scale and I honestly had a head scratch of a moment as to seek out another provider. But it's the VA so lol at that happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Uh if my doctor started rattling off conspiracy theories I'd demand a new provider immediately.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Seriously, take that poo poo up with a patient advocate.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahahahaha holy poo poo I'd report them to the psychiatric association because goddamn they need some help before they go tinkering with people's thoughts

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. I have one more appointment with this lunatic and I'm off to patients advocates. Probably going to need to drive to Denver to do that proper.

And this guy thinks weed muddies the water.

E: I didn't mean to derail the gun thread. That hat belongs on my head in every thread though.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

This was the hardest hike I've done in ages. Did it a couple summers ago in 4 hours; today took me double that due to all the snow and required snowshoe use. Not to mention losing the trail several times and having to go up numerous 45 degree inclines in snowshoes. Thank goodness for heel lifts. Didn't do my usual thing of scrambling all over the place for photos because by the time I got to the top I was feeling beat to poo poo and it was cold and windy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thank you for making this set easy mode for spotting the AK.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
rat you do those hikes alone? one day some park ranger is gonna stumble upon a windswept skeleton with a deathgrip around an ak and a dslr

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
If he gets pinned underneath a boulder he can just shoot his leg off.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Beats the hell out of dying broken, alone and senile in a nursing home, right?

And I mean I do keep a tourniquet taped inside the triangle folder on the AK.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

Beats the hell out of dying broken, alone and senile in a nursing home, right?

And I mean I do keep a tourniquet taped inside the triangle folder on the AK.

If Daniel Plainview could crawl out of the desert with a compound fracture, so could you!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Why hike with the AK out of curiosity? Bears or something?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

It started out just in case of bears or whatever. Then I started taking AK in nature pics as kind of a joke. Then it escalated from there. Now I feel weird if I'm hiking without it. It's kind of my photo stamp to show that I was there.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/GunBlog/vi..._video_guests=0

:stonk:

The way he creepily touches that woman's arm, the way he says "firearm", deciding to name his product the "cock block".....loving lol wtf is wrong with the firearms industry sometimesall the time.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also totally totally safe pointing the pistol across the firing lanes to put it in that dumb cock blocker. That's not gonna ever cause issues, totally.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you can't manipulate the slide, you probably shouldn't own a semi-automatic pistol.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Buying a Walther P22 today with 3 magazines for $220

I just want a .22 pistol again

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
They are nice, I don't like the fact they only fire high velocity .22 reliably.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My wife has a Beretta arx 100? 160? whatever the one in .22 is and it's just fun as poo poo.

.22s are great.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Mike-o posted:

Also totally totally safe pointing the pistol across the firing lanes to put it in that dumb cock blocker. That's not gonna ever cause issues, totally.

I feebly attempt to chamber rounds with my finger on the trigger and enjoy muzzle sweeping everyone too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Syrian Lannister posted:

Guy I'm buying it from shoots subsonic remington out of it without issue. He polished down the reset tabs/bars and loctite'd the screws, which seems to handle the issue with the slide not resetting properly

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I hated my p22, probably should have gotten hotter ammo for it but blah

sold it for like $100 no regrets

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syrian Lannister posted:

Yeah gun is a finicky piece of poo poo. What's the point of 22lr if your can only shoot mini mags?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Updated the OP because I forgot to do something with it after the thread title got changed. RIP HST.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think the P22 has also had a problem with the slide cracking and even breaking. It's made of cheap zinc alloy like an airsoft gun, which is hardly the toughest material on the market.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Welp, I'm the idiot who let posts in GiP talk him out of something. I love you all

But seriously, thanks for the heads up

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the P22 has also had a problem with the slide cracking and even breaking. It's made of cheap zinc alloy like an airsoft gun, which is hardly the toughest material on the market.

I'll be damned

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p22/18391-cracked-slide.html

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'd really love a .22 pistol. One of these: http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV2245Tactical/models.html with a suppressor would be tons of fun I imagine.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I really want a SW K-22 revolver or similar.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
They keep going up in price, so I would get on that sooner rather than later.

The Buckmark and Ruger MkIV are the current best bets for a .22 semi auto plinking pistol. Both can be easily found for below MSRP online. Or you could be a giant loving hipster like me:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I finally managed to sell my Sig 522, so now all my .22s have cans on them. :toot:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Dead Reckoning posted:

They keep going up in price, so I would get on that sooner rather than later.

The Buckmark and Ruger MkIV are the current best bets for a .22 semi auto plinking pistol. Both can be easily found for below MSRP online. Or you could be a giant loving hipster like me:

Holy moly a high standard

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Syrian Lannister posted:

I really want a SW K-22 revolver or similar.

While it's a single action, my old model Ruger Single Six is a lot of fun :ocelot::buddy: Just avoid the new models, Ruger put new internals inside of them and they don't make the fun clickclickclickityCLICK noise cowboy revolvers should and instead it's a click clunk I am ready to fire :geno:

I need to get me some old semiauto .22 pistol that looks like a space gun.

Hell yes

Hell yes

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Those 87 targets are easily the most accurate rimfire I've ever used besides moon guns like hammerli and poo poo.

The trigger can be a little rough but it's nothing a few shims and a ruby stone can't fix.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

I need to get me some old semiauto .22 pistol that looks like a space gun.

My Victor isn't even remotely the most space gun High Standard:

(Supermatic Trophy. I couldn't find a picture, but I've seen them with 8" barrels and two of those angled weights.)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

So apparently the ATF reversed their stance on shouldering pistol braces magically making the weapon into an unregistered NFA device.

In theory now this pistol or similar weapons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4n50Kcfrfc can be legally fired from the shoulder.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
I am done the ACH in general and with NVGs mounted in specific giving me a God damned migraine. I need a better system than the awful issued pads, and I feel like counterweights are snake oil but I'm not sure. Heard good things about Team Wendy's upgraded pad systems, the rest seem gimmicky. Thoughts?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Different pads can help, but counterweights will help a ton too. I did an 8 mile hike with dual 14s and thanks to the counterweight, my head felt fine during and after. Won't go without them now.

The Wilcox amber filter helps with eye strain as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Are you using the issued harness? I got an Ops-Core harness from RFI and that poo poo owns. If I lost it and I were still in I'd probably pay the $65 or whatever for the stability and comfort especially when NVG are mounted.