Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
FW are going to give us universal ASF I can feel it

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Killer_Bees! posted:

Ok so got progress on my :toxx: Lord of war model, it's not 100% complete but i was able to go from base coat silver into table top ready in 2 days because I have an event to attend this weekend coming up and I had poo poo all painted :shepicide:

This is rad as gently caress

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Recoome posted:

hello i also have emperor's children

i originally did iron warriors so i am feeling really at home right now

This guy gets it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'm getting ready to put transfers on my tac squad, finished painting and basing them. Tried it already but these GW decals are thicker than I'm used to so I ordered some micro sol and micro set.

Were standardized squad markings in use during the horus heresy, or should I stick to putting on iron hands and clan badges?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

chutche2 posted:

I'm getting ready to put transfers on my tac squad, finished painting and basing them. Tried it already but these GW decals are thicker than I'm used to so I ordered some micro sol and micro set.

Were standardized squad markings in use during the horus heresy, or should I stick to putting on iron hands and clan badges?

Yes you seem to be able to just use their clan markings and have that be cool, or you can put the squad on a shin guard.

The other option is to upgrade your entire Legion with these markings:

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 28, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

JBP posted:

Yes you seem to be able to just use their clan markings and have that be cool, or you can put the squad on a shin guard.

The other option is to upgrade your entire Legion with these markings:

Are you telling me to upgrade my legion to iron warriors

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

chutche2 posted:

Are you telling me to upgrade my legion to iron warriors

I think you're confused.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Potato phone quality picture of my squad, my normal phone broke recently

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Those are some nice IW dude. Well done

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

chutche2 posted:

They have some great glowing eyes.

But what'd really set it off is if they had cupolas.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Hixson posted:

Those are some nice IW dude. Well done

I was hoping they wouldn't look like IW. Maybe once the IH iconography is on.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Maybe base them on cupolas

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zark the Damned posted:

They have some great glowing eyes.

I've only ever really painted Khador models so I've done a lot of reds. Glazing them with red ink after adding some white has a good effect.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't care what the other guys say, those are some fine Iron Warriors

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Odd choice to use white bolters on IW, but it works out pretty well. Do add decals though (and good call on micro sol/set), shoulder pad decorations always make the models pop.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Why do people keep saying IW is this some kind of meme

Anyway the bolters aren't completely white, it's P3 frostbite highlighted with white. It's a light bluish grey.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Why do people keep saying IW is this some kind of meme

Anyway the bolters aren't completely white, it's P3 frostbite highlighted with white. It's a light bluish grey.

Noted Soviet Poster Bulbasaur Power Gaymed 30k by counting his entire Iron Warriors army as Iron Hands to Maximize Power. Now he accuses me of cheating and being gamey because he slew irony and ate its heart.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
This was before IWs had any rules. Meanwhile panascope cheats his way out of a 30 day forums probation he begged for.

Is panascope a unrepentant cheater? Are you playing Iron Hands or Iron Warriors? Only the 30k thread can decide the answers to these important questions.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Revisionist history.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
C'mon, man, we all know you were using Iron Hands rules well after the Iron Warriors rules came out. Tell us about your homebrew rule set again. :allears:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Which one of you is the one that has to call the other one Warmaster during your games? Because that is easily my favorite 30k thing.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

Which one of you is the one that has to call the other one Warmaster during your games? Because that is easily my favorite 30k thing.

Panascope is the Warmaster and I can confirm hixson and stanyer need his guidance in order to form an effective fighting force.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That would be Hixson. Panascope is the warmaster.

Safety Factor posted:

C'mon, man, we all know you were using Iron Hands rules well after the Iron Warriors rules came out. Tell us about your homebrew rule set again. :allears:

Before each game, roll 1d6. On a 2+ Stanyer automatically looses. Must always re roll results of 1.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Awuuuuuuu

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Awuuuuuuuuuuuu

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Mango Polo posted:

Awuuuuuuuuuuuu

Holy :scrunt: on a stick that's horrifying.

More like Awwwwwhhhyyyyyyyyyyy

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Bjorn?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Awuuuuuuuuuuuu

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
LoW :toxx: complete - Vulkan & Bodyguard

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why are people worried about the eighth edition rules? didn't they say 30k is keeping 7th for the time being?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why are people worried about the eighth edition rules? didn't they say 30k is keeping 7th for the time being?

Because whatever legion you play is about to become unplayable and you've wasted millions of dollars on it so you might as well give up now and melt down your models.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JBP posted:

Because whatever legion you play is about to become unplayable and you've wasted millions of dollars on it so you might as well give up now and melt down your models.

The fear is real.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Nobody actually plays 30k, we just get drunk and talk about football

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

panascope posted:

Nobody actually plays 30k, we just get drunk and talk about football

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
opsec

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to grind all my resin models down into powder then snort it and die.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

JBP posted:

I'm going to grind all my resin models down into powder then snort it and die.

If you do that with your LoW I'm pretty sure that counts as completing your toxx.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Speaking of no one playing 30k, Played at Operation molten storm event at Briscon in sunny Australia today! Day one and my Snek Magos walked away with a kill tally of 1 x landraider 1x tactical squad 1x Knight Atrapos 2x Dreads ....... he almost got the jump on A 2nd knight but ate D roll of a 6 :argh:.

Will post some pics of everyone's armies and stuff tomorrow night after the 2nd day is done. Highlight so far was beating Tim from the eye of Horus podcast with a cheeky objective grab in the last turn! 2 wins and a draw so far for my traitors

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I went to Briscon as well and there were a LOT of 30k players. It was surprising to me given the buy in cost. Beautiful armies and a lot of people elsewhere on the floor mentioned to me that they had a 30 army on the side, but were at that time busy playing something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Anyone got any recommendations for Solarite Gauntlets/Talons? I just can't find any Power Fists that are both fancy enough, and generic enough to fit the Custodes.

Please hurry up with the Custodes upgrades FW, dyin' here.