Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
While no game has a perfectly matchmaking algorith, the other thing is that a game like this will be fairly 'swingy' because it's impossible to properly matchmake when not all team compositions are going to be equally good, or equally appropriate vs what the enemy has picked. Add to that that your teammates may or may not be playing the maps they are most familiar with or operators they are most competent with and...what do you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tip 1: don't check ranks

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Carecat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60M0jCVj1I

Reason behind a lot of WTF killed me deaths. The very first bit of the video is Pulse being killed by a rapelling Ash he cannot see at all.

Amazing. I'd noticed that but never really put it together like that coherently.

I love that they programmed the bullets to actually appear correctly visually but they didn't bother to make the damage match up! :bravo:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I know they adjusted the camera height on players a while back, I wonder if this is a result of that

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Duggler posted:

Tip 1: don't check ranks

Yeah don't check ranks just play the game.

I dunno I play casual and have a great time and don't get rolled by platinums all the time so :iiam:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I thought all of this "bullet comes from the crosshair" stuff was apparent to anyone who had seen a killcam.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lohli posted:

I thought all of this "bullet comes from the crosshair" stuff was apparent to anyone who had seen a killcam.

You didnt watch past the first 3 minutes of the video did you? The problem isnt that the bullet comes from the crosshair (though thats dumb) its that the game shows other players bullets coming from their barrels. So if someone is hiding behind cover and their gun model is pointing at the wall but they can see you in their sights then you will be shot by them but the game conveys to you that the bullets are hitting the wall so you never get an on screen indicator that you're being shot at.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Where the new content at, Ubi? This Glaz buff has basically removed all desire to play the game as it is without new content to check out.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Basticle posted:

You didnt watch past the first 3 minutes of the video did you?
:jerkbag:

I know what the problem is, and again, I thought it was obvious that there was a disconnect between those things to anyone who had been playing the game for long enough to see stuff like someone firing over a shield or terrain and it appearing as though they're hitting the object in a killcam or while spectating.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Did they release ranking information this season like they did last season? One of my teammates gains\loses ~50 points every game, I max at about 19, min about 8. Really curious why\how it works.

Last season was WAY too easy to get diamond, but I loved that changing ranks was really easy. It really helped with alternate accounts. Some of my friends are assholes and like to create new accounts to play lower ranked teams, and it pretty much stopped them because they'd rank up within a few games.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I thought it was just peeker latency stuff

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

Where the new content at, Ubi? This Glaz buff has basically removed all desire to play the game as it is without new content to check out.

News will come in due time don't worry :)

e:

In light of this discovery, this 17 months old game just became an unplayable broken boring mess.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 27, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Party Plane Jones posted:

We already know the new ops names and poo poo, it can't be far off.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Zaphod42 posted:

We already know the new ops names and poo poo, it can't be far off.

We do ?

e: Riiiiiiight the datamine on the tts.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 27, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hard posted:

We do ?

Yep, leaks from testing server poo poo, although they could still be changed by release.

New faction is Hong Kong SDU (special duties unit)

New map is Theme Park

New operators are "Caltrop" and "Dazzler"

Zaphod42 posted:

More leaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDop8HsF6_A

Caltrop's in-data-file ability is called "mine" and appears to be a deployable, not a throwable. There's also a "cloak" state and a "toxin mine".

Dazzler's ability is called "blind spot" and appears to be a flashing strobe grenade. Which begs the question, how do they differ from flashbangs? I'm guessing they give the Echo disorientation effect, so they last longer than flashbangs effectively.

Also looks like we're getting a Chinese bullpup rifle and a bullpup smg for the new ops.

And maybe 'cluster mine' and 'concussion mine' as generic gadgets / equipment available to multiple operators?? (Different from Caltrop's special mine)

E: What if Dazzler's ability is more like a deployable that kills all nearby cameras? Or maybe makes Mira's shield opaque?

E2: And if Caltrop is able to make his mines "cloak" it may be more reason to take I.Q. so you can detect them easier? That'd be cool but would feel like just making Kapkan and Frost irrelevant.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I'm pretty pleased. https://imgur.com/2X12cAW

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oh come on, no killcam on that?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Killcam was the exact same thing. I'm assuming i triple injured them but they all auto-died?

As long as I'm here can someone weigh in on this? Stupid lucky or cheating? http://imgur.com/Y2PfwMt

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 28, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Space T Rex posted:

Killcam was the exact same thing. I'm assuming i triple injured them but they all auto-died?

As long as I'm here can someone weigh in on this? Stupid lucky or cheating? http://imgur.com/Y2PfwMt

Could be a sync error with the window being blown out on that dude's screen and yours isn't but its a bit sketchy.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

The round had just started, no one blew open the window. I messaged him and he said something along the lines of "lmao I just decided to shoot and got really lucky". Sure you did...

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How'd he react right after shooting you? Did he sorta stand there in shock for a little while, or did he just carry on like it was no big deal?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Stood there for like a half second then moved on. But assuming hes cheating I took it as more of a "oh poo poo I just exposed myself" pause.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

Maybe a callout? The fact that its a single shot and he was kinda running around otherwise does seem super sketch. I try not to call shenanigans on this game because its totally possible that people do get lucky or have some voice chat info you don't know about, but... yeah that looks pretty flagrant to me.

Space T Rex posted:

The round had just started, no one blew open the window. I messaged him and he said something along the lines of "lmao I just decided to shoot and got really lucky". Sure you did...

Hmmm. Its possible he did get lucky, early round its not crazy for people to take a pot shot at a barricade to try to get a lucky kill, especially on maps like University and Clubhouse.

But does seem fairly sketchy too.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
My read is accidental. If he was cheating he wouldn't have been looking at Fuze and instead would've been carefully watching the window in case someone broke it and tried to peek.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Single shot through the boards with a magnum is entirely too coincidental. If he sprayed with an assault rifle and got you sure maybe. But he needed to be dead on your head for that hit. And who fishes for wall bangs with a single shot?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Yeah a casual shot in a window ON CONSOLE in a team that consists of people rappeling on that position and him being shocked of the shot sure is cheating, and not a copper 5 guy that made the shot of his life.

It's like people in this thread don't play/test this game.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Haha, oh lordy, I didn't notice it was on console. Good catch.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

So speaking of cheating, what even happens when you report a player for suspicious behavior?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

jzilla posted:

So speaking of cheating, what even happens when you report a player for suspicious behavior?

Seems like jack and poo poo.

Probably if they get a certain number of reports in X days then their account gets flagged for somebody at Ubi to look into. :shrug:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This stuff just happens

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
yeah the "where would i be" potshotting pays off relatively often in this game

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
There are several Macie Jay videos where a random potshot drops someone. I am about one million times worse than Macie, but I still got a random window bang or wall bang once in a while.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I once placed a breaching charge on a window with the intention of it being a distraction as I entered the building elsewhere. I got inside, detonated, and just happened to kill someone standing right by the window. He messaged me after just laughing.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Today I made my first ace in months. In ranked even! Forgot what that poo poo felt like, especially when you're 1v3+.

That poo poo literally makes me clap like a simpleton.

Servers went down shortly after so it was a good note to end on.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Hard posted:

In light of this discovery, this 17 months old game just became an unplayable broken boring mess.

Guys you should spend $50 on Siege. I swear it's good apart from weekly server issues, desync bugs and a year after release has to restart multiple matches in professional tournaments due to bugs. Wait don't play CS:GO and king of the hill games, come back we'll have the bugs fixed in the sequel... guys come back...

SMP
May 5, 2009

this game i've put 350 hours into is trash

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CsGo sucks guy!!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

One of my friends got a Thermite kill the other night. I assume they were on their phone next to the wall but seeing some players, it wouldn't surprise me if they just didn't notice.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Carecat posted:

Guys you should spend $50 on Siege. I swear it's good apart from weekly server issues, desync bugs and a year after release has to restart multiple matches in professional tournaments due to bugs. Wait don't play CS:GO and king of the hill games, come back we'll have the bugs fixed in the sequel... guys come back...

Why do you go out of context when were talking about where the bullets comes out? Are you trying to win an imaginary argument? Also don't assume people are leaving this game loving lol.

My comment towards your link is that guys with hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game saw the vid and acted as if they had an epiphany. THIS IS BULLSHIT, this is why i always die and can't kill poo poo.

Games not perfect and probably will never be to everyone's standards but this kind of thing is funny to me as lots of pros are posting videos of good peak corners which takes advantage of this exact feature and the community is drinking it up as it will help them bring their a-games. However, when it gets explained and compared to entirely different shooters now it's bullshit.

SMP posted:

this game i've put 350 hours into is trash

word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenStormyBobaMrDestructoid

eSports ready.

Its OK Hard, you are a good person even if parts of the game are trash. You probably didn't even work on those parts very long!

• Locked thread