Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh sweet, an underwater personal airship mount. Called the Falcon. That's a neato callback :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Shy posted:

I'm referring to the new signup process since February this year (third post in this thread). Previously I joined through the off-site, ffgoons which I assume is no longer possible

Browser-based Discord takes maybe 15 seconds to register and the automated FC membership app took maybe 5 minutes. You could probably do it in the time it would take to track down a ranking FC member and ask them for an invite.

edit: removed some of the hyperbole, added some of the clarity.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
But most importantly, Carbuncle House.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Right? I want to see the Carbuncle House.

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out

EponymousMrYar posted:

Oh sweet, an underwater personal airship mount. Called the Falcon. That's a neato callback :kimchi:

Underwater... airship?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ruta posted:

Right? I want to see the Carbuncle House.

We're changing off Paissa House for Carbie House, right?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Nahrix posted:

Underwater... airship?

All flying mounts are going to be able to swim.

All flying mounts.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I still think Paissa House sounds like a fraternity in a 1980s college campus comedy. On the upside, so does Carbuncle House.

It's just that Paissa House is easier to picture an angry dean yelling at the sky.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

:snoop: yeah buddy :snoop: weed joke :snoop:

Had to recreate my character and couldn't get it exactly right. Close enough though.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Wacky Delly posted:

:snoop: yeah buddy :snoop: weed joke :snoop:

Had to recreate my character and couldn't get it exactly right. Close enough though.

Just load up FFXIV, right click your character and save the customization. Load up the benchmark creator and import.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

Q16: Will weekly restrictions on blue scrips and red scrips continue to be used in Patch 4.0, or will there be a new token for Disciples of the Land and Hand?

A16: Blue scrips will be retired. Red scrips will remain; however, we'll remove the weekly restriction from them. We will also add a new yellow scrip, and this won't have any weekly restrictions either. Therefore, the weekly restrictions for both Disciples of the Land and Hand will be gone

Weird?
I think that means Red Scrip will remain, and continue to be from HW sources, and Yellow Scrip will be from Stormblood stuff.

The question is if they plan to later add Green Scrip or something as a Stormblood weekly limited thing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hooray. :toot:
Yeah I know I just barely made it.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Someone wanted some benches so here's mine on my 5+ year old processor but with a newer video card.

i5-2500k w/ 980TI

Maximum Settings
2560x1440 Score: 10770 Avg. FPS: 79
1920x1080 Score: 11423 Avg. FPS: 83

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i got around 13500 on my 3480 x 20whatever monitor and 17500 on my 1980x1020. kind of surprised really

i7-6700k w/ a 1080

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Lemon King posted:

Just load up FFXIV, right click your character and save the customization. Load up the benchmark creator and import.

I had no idea you could do this. Thanks!

ghostinmyshell posted:

Someone wanted some benches so here's mine on my 5+ year old processor but with a newer video card.

i5-2500k w/ 980TI

Maximum Settings
2560x1440 Score: 10770 Avg. FPS: 79
1920x1080 Score: 11423 Avg. FPS: 83

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i got around 13500 on my 3480 x 20whatever monitor and 17500 on my 1980x1020. kind of surprised really

i7-6700k w/ a 1080

Seems pretty CPU bound, I was getting ~17200 on a 6700k with a 1070.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The faces in this character creator look a little different. Do we have any details on graphical improvements for Stormblood? I don't see anything on the website.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Rand Brittain posted:

The faces in this character creator look a little different. Do we have any details on graphical improvements for Stormblood? I don't see anything on the website.

I saw a hairstyle or two I didn't recognize.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 29, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah they said they're adding two more for Stormblood right off and possibly more later.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lemon King posted:

I saw a hairstyle or two I didn't recognize.

And this is why catgirls are supposed to have hair that covers where the ears would be on humans.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Related pointless fact: Au Ra don't have ears at all.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Asimo posted:

Related pointless fact: Au Ra don't have ears at all.

Their horns are their aural sensing organs. Apparently they're hollow and pick up sound vibrations and poo poo.

Au Ra are stupid.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Miscellaneous poo poo:

quote:

Q3: Gosetsu looks like a Roegadyn, but also looks like a big Highlander. Which race is he?

A3: He’s a Roegadyn, but one from the lands to the East. Rather than a Sea Wolf, he’s closer to the Hellsguard tribe.

Alright, Yoshi-P, nosejobs when?

quote:

Q14: During The Rising event in 2015, there was a mention about red mage in the Eighteenth Floor. Was red mage already confirmed to be implemented at this point?

A14: If you read the first letter of the each line from Yoshida’s dialogue in the Eighteenth Floor, it reads “thank you.” If you were able to figure this out, it may have given an impression that it was a fake message just to achieve this hidden meaning; however, lots of players believed that red mage was indeed coming, and it made us worry. I got scolded by the project manager for this. I will never do this again… Also, at that point in time, it was just a high probability and wasn’t confirmed.

quote:

Q17: With the level cap being increased, I believe the maximum amount of GP we can have will increase. Will the speed in which the GP recover increase?

A17: The speed won’t change; however there is a new trait which will increase the speed for GP recovery. Players will be able to obtain this trait through the class quest, so make sure to do them!

Fishing still confirmed best job for recovering GP. =3

quote:

Q20: If there are any currently existing mounts that will be available underwater, please let us know.

A20: All flying mounts will be able to go underwater. We will gradually allow more ground mounts to fly.

Ground mounts will also be undergoing major changes, with the addition of two more levels of speed. The current speed will be lowest. Clearing each area’s main story quest will unlock the second tier of speed in that area. Afterward the third tier of speed will be available upon doing a certain something. Because it is the main scenario quest, players who are finished with the story up to 3.0 will automatically be able to use the second tier of speed in all ARR/HW areas.

Please let the Cloud bike be a thing. :pray:

quote:

Q47: Are there plans for the appearance of a young Au Ra NPC, similar to how Khloe is a young Miqo’te?

A47: They should appear in the Azim Steppe region. Khloe is a very unique NPC, so in comparison they may seem more simple.

:siren: BALMUNG PLAYER SPOTTED :siren:

Okami mounts for primals this time around?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 29, 2017

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
Can I get an invite to the Exodus FC? Just submitted my application.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
When do you think they'll finally get around to doing that gold saucer event that gives us the hairstyle than one miqo'te near the last bit of MSQ has?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

When do you think they'll finally get around to doing that gold saucer event that gives us the hairstyle than one miqo'te near the last bit of MSQ has?

May 9.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Obligatum VII posted:

Pic? I forgot what it looks like.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

A Spider Covets posted:

Pic? I forgot what it looks like.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Is...there minion dogfighting now?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ehhh.... more like minion RTS, but yes. It's been there from... I think the beginning of HW?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Call.The.Police.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leal posted:

Call.The.Police.

I mean at least they're really straightforward about it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Turn Balmung into fantasy Australia and just exile these people there, with no hope of transferring out.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Browser-based Discord takes maybe 15 seconds to register and the automated FC membership app took maybe 5 minutes. You could probably do it in the time it would take to track down a ranking FC member and ask them for an invite.

edit: removed some of the hyperbole, added some of the clarity.

Yeah I mean I just don't want to create more accounts I don't need after those five minutes, i'm not in a hurry or anything.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
got a fairly high on my benchmark

I'm not enough of a weedlord to hang with the best

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Leal posted:

Call.The.Police.

Behold, the dark side of the glamour game.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Thats Sice fromType 0. Thiught they had all those hairs in by now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i just started playing this game on PS4 yesterday and am having lots of fun! It helps that i have a few friends that play on PC and i'm able to play with them cross platform.

I'm playing an Archer and i'm curious if i'm getting the supposed bonuses from attacking from the flanks/behind? Damage numbers don't seem to be any higher and accuracy appears to be unaffected but it's kinda hard to tell.

Also, what's a healer class that's easily done with a controller? Since i'm in Gridania i can but a conjuror. I kinda wanted to be the card guy but it seems i have to get to Heavensward stuff before i can do that :sigh:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Also, what's a healer class that's easily done with a controller? Since i'm in Gridania i can but a conjuror. I kinda wanted to be the card guy but it seems i have to get to Heavensward stuff before i can do that :sigh:

All of them honestly, this game is controller-friendly. Conjurer/WHM is a good choice, though!

I thought Archer didn't have any positional/flanking attacks?

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 29, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Ah so they mean attacks that exclusively need to be used from behind or at a flank? Because so far no Archers don't seem to have any of those, but the way it was worded in game made me think you just got general bonuses from flanking or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Attacking from the flank and the rear does have lower accuracy requirements for physical attacks too, but I don't think that's something that really comes up while leveling.

• Locked thread