Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I keep getting connection errors trying to do online races. Online battle works, though?.

I'm straight terrible at Renegade Roundup but it's promising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Deltron 3030 posted:

I keep getting connection errors trying to do online races. Online battle works, though?

Glad I'm not the only one! It's good when it works though! Maybe the volume of players is the issue?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rainbow road I swear to God

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Rainbow road I swear to God

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/857338533299851269

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bill Barber posted:

Hopefully the fact that MK8 is selling incredibly well will encourage them to just port every single good WiiU game to the Switch from now until the holiday season. Captain Toad Deluxe please.

Please give me Pikmin 1, 2 OR 3. I don't even care which.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

^^^ poo poo, I'd settle for a straight port of Wii Sports but I dunno if you can simulate that with the joycons.

Meridian posted:

SDXC. Called support, ran through all their troubleshooting steps which I had already done prior to calling them. Going to have to send it in.

Oh well, hopefully a motherboard swap on their end will solve that. The microSD slot is part of the motherboard.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

What do these L Y R adjustments on the character screen do?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Binary Badger posted:

^^^ poo poo, I'd settle for a straight port of Wii Sports but I dunno if you can simulate that with the joycons.

Oh well, hopefully a motherboard swap on their end will solve that. The microSD slot is part of the motherboard.

It's actually it's own little card connected with a ribbon cable.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Made a goon battle room, random battle mode, no limits, 4971-9260-7275

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I made amazon credit me the difference between the digital version and the physical version and I'm downloading it now

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bombadilillo posted:

What do these L Y R adjustments on the character screen do?

Smart steering, tilt controls, and I don't know in that order

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Autoaccelerate apparently. Invade you don't want to hold A

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Deltron 3030 posted:

I keep getting connection errors trying to do online races. Online battle works, though?.

I'm straight terrible at Renegade Roundup but it's promising

I've been mashing battle mode for regional and I keep getting connnection errors

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Holy poo poo. The red box with the horn item kills the blue shell.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Bombadilillo posted:

Holy poo poo. The red box with the horn item kills the blue shell.

Super Horn nerfs Blue Shell?!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

Super Horn nerfs Blue Shell?!

Not sure if jet fuel joke. But
Yeah. When it gets to you and spins around you can kill it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It did on the WiiU. It deflects other projectiles, too, but it's not super common in first place.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Echophonic posted:

It did on the WiiU. It deflects other projectiles, too, but it's not super common in first place.

Yeah. You get bullshit in first usually so I'm just hanging onto it and praying against lightning.

Can you switch items?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I haven't been able to connect in matchmaking to anything at all in MK8 deluxe, I might have to buy one of those wired usb lan connections

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I haven't been able to connect in matchmaking to anything at all in MK8 deluxe, I might have to buy one of those wired usb lan connections

Weirdly enough works fine off my phone hotspot, but I also use a home lan line. Got to say I like having more than just Zelda fir big name games on my switch.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I keep getting Error 2618-0502 and I know my wifi is pretty lovely but my ps4 worked ok on it before

VVV I can't connect to the tournaments in the tourney browser either so It's definitely a problem with my own internet

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 29, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Match making is going to take some time to settle down since everyone's kinda the same rank and it's not going to leave someone in limbo if there are no other similarly matched people to give them. Once more people get online and get ranked up it will start separating them.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Autoaccelerate apparently. Invade you don't want to hold A

i've found appeal in that when playing in portable mode where holding down a tiny joycon button for several minutes straight sucks

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Binary Badger posted:

The tilt controls in the joycon are definitely better than in a Wiimote. Don't think there's an accelerometer (or w/e) in them though. ARMs uses the buttons to punch and your joycon movement is just to aim isn't it?

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I made amazon credit me the difference between the digital version and the physical version and I'm downloading it now

I might try this after work. Did you call them and just say (roughly) "this shipping delay sucks. I'd like the discount on a digital purchase instead" or what?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

The tilt controls in the joycon are definitely better than in a Wiimote. Don't think there's an accelerometer (or w/e) in them though. ARMs uses the buttons to punch and your joycon movement is just to aim isn't it?

I might try this after work. Did you call them and just say (roughly) "this shipping delay sucks. I'd like the discount on a digital purchase instead" or what?

Arms uses motion to punch too. It has an accello

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Skyrim is still coming out, right?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

a.lo posted:

Skyrim is still coming out, right?

I've never played Skyrim so I'm genuinely asking: Is it going to still be fun after Zelda the best game ever? Most western RPGs feel like utter slogs to me which is why I never bothered.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

I've never played Skyrim so I'm genuinely asking: Is it going to still be fun after Zelda the best game ever? Most western RPGs feel like utter slogs to me which is why I never bothered.

no, skyrim is only fun when you can mod it to make it less bad

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

LethalGeek posted:

If you aren't already interested in Skyrim you will hate it. The combat is insanely unfinished and the world is boring generic fantasy garbage. I put in maybe 4 hours on PC and oh man I hate it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

I said Botw scratches the same its Skyrim in did for me. At the core its about picking a direction and just going.

Its different. You can join the thieves guild and so stuff. You can watch Vikings yell at each other. There's a lot more like that to do.

No idea how it holds up. Its getting old and...d amn Zelda ruined open worlds for me I think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LethalGeek posted:

Its better than zelda in some ways and not in others. The side quests are a lot more varied for instance from single questlines with more plot than the whole of zelda to small tasks that are more interesting than collect 10 luminous stones.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
My switch's wifi performance is loving terrible. It constantly reports DNS errors despite having a strong signal. Downloads get interrupted repeatedly. The eshop loads maybe 25% of the time. Power cycling temporarily fixes the issue sometimes but not always.

Is this something specific to my console or does the switch just have a terrible wifi adapter and/or software?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Got to say it's nice finally having something that makes this feel like a console instead of just a portable indie machine with mk8d. Arms is the next "big" release then Splatoon 2 right? I don't remember any big name games coming out, street fighter 2 doesn't count.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Charles Mansion posted:

My switch's wifi performance is loving terrible. It constantly reports DNS errors despite having a strong signal. Downloads get interrupted repeatedly. The eshop loads maybe 25% of the time. Power cycling temporarily fixes the issue sometimes but not always.

Is this something specific to my console or does the switch just have a terrible wifi adapter and/or software?

I have zero issues with my switch on a hotspot wifi connection from my phone so maybe try a lan adaptor and if that doesn't work it could just be your switch not playing nice with your network.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Got to say it's nice finally having something that makes this feel like a console instead of just a portable indie machine with mk8d. Arms is the next "big" release then Splatoon 2 right? I don't remember any big name games coming out, street fighter 2 doesn't count.

Zelda not consolie enough for you? I'm just glad to have a game with replay value. Zelda was 10/10 gory every year. But has no replay value unless I wait like 4 years to forget everything.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just got an email from Amazon that they are giving me a $10 Credit for missing the shipping deadline for MK8D

Got MK8D for $38 for the minor inconvenience of getting it on Wednesday.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

If you liked Zelda you will love Skyrim

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Zelda not consolie enough for you? I'm just glad to have a game with replay value. Zelda was 10/10 gory every year. But has no replay value unless I wait like 4 years to forget everything.

Yeah the shrine puzzles gating your vital stats is a huge replay killer unless you go for 3 heart runs

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah the shrine puzzles gating your vital stats is a huge replay killer

And knowing the puzzle solutions make it all busy work. Its ok. Games CAN be singular experiences. It was one hell of a ride. I just did it is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I traded in some Xbox games at Best Buy and got Tetris physically for -9 dollars. Not sure I'm ready to part with MGSV though

• Locked thread