Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

EvanTH posted:

ooo i answered this long form in another thread

Maybe so. You'd think there'd be a lot of Spurs hate in Memphis since the Spurs knock the Griz out of the playoffs so frequently, but it's just not there.

But I wouldn't say the Griz don't have rivals. The fans loving hate the Thunder and the Clippers for reasons I haven't quite figured out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
dude looks like he's gonna cry, drat

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Billy Crystal needs to lose 15 pounds or gain 50, I'm somehow really uncomfortable with the middle ground he's living in right now.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i like it better when the post games are just dudes earnestly praising the other dudes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RaySmuckles posted:

judging spurs and their fans when going against memphis is unfair to the spurs. follow the thread during the next round when they play the polar opposite team the rockets. might change you opinion

Yeah I'll probably watch a lot of that series anyway since I just kinda default to vaguely rooting for whatever Texas team is left.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Aldridge did not have a bad game, surprisingly.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Bashez posted:

Aldridge did not have a bad game, surprisingly.

he missed that dunk and threw it away. banish him

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe so. You'd think there'd be a lot of Spurs hate in Memphis since the Spurs knock the Griz out of the playoffs so frequently, but it's just not there.

But I wouldn't say the Griz don't have rivals. The fans loving hate the Thunder and the Clippers for reasons I haven't quite figured out yet.

everyone hates the clippers

thunder are a bit more divisive since russ is a love him/hate him kind of guy

i think spurs and memphis have a mutual respect for each other. they both play honest, low-key, professional, quality basketball. they have guys on their squads that are straight-forward and legit. neither team bitches or acts like fools. not every team is like that

edit: hell, i fell for the grizz when they knocked out the #1 seed spurs in 2011. couldn't hate 'em, they're really cool

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Spacebump posted:

If the Spurs win this series it proves Duncan is a system player

Garnett > Duncan confirmed

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I take back everything I've ever said about my man TP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD1np0coEQE

What a great game. I love the Grizzlies so it's always a shame these two teams have to face each other.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

PostNouveau posted:

The grizzlies and clippers played each other in the playoffs like 3 times in a 4 year period.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Brolander posted:

Fat joke, eh? Stay classy, boston!

no it's a nod to a specific charles barkley cultural moment in which the spurs fan base was repeatedly owned on air until everyone felt sympathy for their side because they took it pretty well

like Pop with his dirty mind games, tipping $5000 to a Memphis wait staff so the locals are happy when he comes to town, although without fail he comes to destroy

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

no it's a nod to a specific charles barkley cultural moment in which the spurs fan base was repeatedly owned on air until everyone felt sympathy for their side because they took it pretty well

like Pop with his dirty mind games, tipping $5000 to a Memphis wait staff so the locals are happy when he comes to town, although without fail he comes to destroy

oh was it the thing about Big Ol women

chuck lol

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Yeah, it was. That actually also contributed to the city of San Antonio having an exercise fixation that's contributed to this day.

The city got into like, running and poo poo. Marathons, 5Ks, you name it. They made a bigass bike trail network through some of the parks.

A lot of the reaction was "haha what the gently caress Charles Barkley." But then that poo poo also happened. Of course, we were also consistently getting rated as the fattest City in the US.

We've got a lot of pretty good food festivals though. Like the new-ish Barbacoa and Big Red festival. There's a reason why we hit that point in the first place.

Barkley also shouted "Ginobili" good, and that's all anyone cares about regularly though. Everyone loves Crafty Old Manu.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

PostNouveau posted:

They lost close 7 game series to both teams in the last few years. In both cases a factor was that the other team had bigger name stars and the Griz play physical basketball, so the other team spent or was perceived to spend some undeserved time at the line.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I'll probably watch a lot of that series anyway since I just kinda default to vaguely rooting for whatever Texas team is left.

Have you never wtahc​ the rockets bball baby? Here's how it goes harden goes all around missing passes and dropping balls out of bounds and flopping and missing 3s then you look up and it's the fourth quarter and he has 35 pts

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

anne frank fanfic posted:

Have you never wtahc​ the rockets bball baby? Here's how it goes harden goes all around missing passes and dropping balls out of bounds and flopping and missing 3s then you look up and it's the fourth quarter and he has 35 pts

lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
True story in 2013 I was at a restaurant in San Antonio and the waitress randomly told our table about how the city just got off the 10 fattest cities in America list. Good for San Antonio, not a list you want to be on. I'm kind of shocked New Orleans isn't closer to the top 10. Between the food, drinking culture, and heat/humidity you'd think people wouldn't exercise as much.

Andrevian posted:

Yeah, it was. That actually also contributed to the city of San Antonio having an exercise fixation that's contributed to this day.

The city got into like, running and poo poo. Marathons, 5Ks, you name it. They made a bigass bike trail network through some of the parks.

A lot of the reaction was "haha what the gently caress Charles Barkley." But then that poo poo also happened. Of course, we were also consistently getting rated as the fattest City in the US.

We've got a lot of pretty good food festivals though. Like the new-ish Barbacoa and Big Red festival. There's a reason why we hit that point in the first place.

Barkley also shouted "Ginobili" good, and that's all anyone cares about regularly though. Everyone loves Crafty Old Manu.

Checks out. Didn't they start a bike sharing program after that also?

edit: how do they even determine which cities are fatter than others? It seems like a ridiculous thing that would be hard to accurately measure.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 28, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

edit: how do they even determine which cities are fatter than others? It seems like a ridiculous thing that would be hard to accurately measure.

Summary by the folks who put the list together:
http://www.americanfitnessindex.org/methodology/
looks like public health data + a survey regarding how people think the environment/culture helps/hinders their weight goals

Also holy gently caress there's some places where ~40% of the population is obese

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Andrevian posted:

The Memorial gently caress-you Charles Barkathon.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
"GET THAT THUG OUT OF HERE" gently caress you guy in the stands at ATL/WSH

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Go Wiz.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
lmao canaan mean mugging IT

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Refs mercifully want to get this series over with too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did Robin Lopez just dream shake Horford

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Lockback do you need me to write a personal check to the rear end in a top hat Alliance of America on your behalf or will you take digital payment via credit card

At least this stupid bet helped me feel the pain of Bulls fans and Bucks fans. We're in the mediocre Midwest basketball alliance. Milwaukee, Chicago, Indiana, Detroit
And Cleveland only got Lebron because the league rigged the lottery according to statistics expert Zogo so they don't count

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm so glad i will never be tempted to watch the 2016-17 bulls again, what a garbage team, garbage organization, garbage coach

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
is olynyk the guy in the league who looks most like an ogre? or is he a troll

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

leftist heap posted:

the only guy who gets dunked on and people say he was murthered

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm so glad i will never be tempted to watch the 2016-17 bulls again, what a garbage team, garbage organization, garbage coach

Well it is the Chinese Year of the Garbage Rat, if that makes you feel any better.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only guy who gets dunked on and people say he was murthered

lul

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

glad the bulls are going out like chump punks, good god can you please pretend like you'd rather not be doing something else

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Your team sucks so loving bad dude

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The announcers now talking about the NFL draft haha

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

leftist heap posted:

The fat upper arm i think makes him ogre like but come on man, Boban Looks like a fictional Giant brute

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Your team sucks so loving bad dude

i know, and there is no hope

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Way to choke Wiz. gently caress.

John Wall is my lord and savior.

Ishin fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 29, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls should do the pistons quitting thing except for the entire duration of the fourth quarter, just leave and never come back again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Chicago fans boo when Bears draft pick Mitch Trubisky photo shown on JumboTron at United Center. Turns to a few cheers when they realize he's actually here.

What happened, is he another bad pick or something

• Locked thread