Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kurtofan posted:

Still sad Akechi's ghost didnt show up at the final boss

He should have appeared as a force ghost at the end when you're saying goodbye to everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ChrisBTY posted:

Also, Akechi and Shido has whatever the companion piece to plot armor is when the people Akechi brain-murders always seem to blank out at the most opportune moments.
Wakaba fell in the street so it could look like a suicide. The princpal froze in the middle of the street 30 seconds away from the police station. And the most convenient one, Okamura dies in the middle of a press conference despite Akechi shooting his shadow, at best, a whole day prior so you know he isn't timing these things.

Okumura's felt the most almost appropriate because he kills him shortly after he has his change of heart. So it's kind of chronologically handwavey appropriate he dies when he has his change of heart in real life.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
phantom thief is such a weird expression imo, i know it's a japanese thing but it really feels weird hearing people use that expression like it's an everyday occurence

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was watching some old P4 highlights and Naoto's S.Link was all about a Phantom Thief

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

so when you sit on the toilet a woman talks to you, was that lavenza. it was so long between her appearing and me trying that i forgot her voice

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was watching some old P4 highlights and Naoto's S.Link was all about a Phantom Thief

man I really want to play p4 and even p3, come on put them on the psn already

i'll even slink kenji, i'll do anything :qq:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

PSP is emulatable and apparently PSTVs are pretty cheap

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kurtofan posted:

phantom thief is such a weird expression imo, i know it's a japanese thing but it really feels weird hearing people use that expression like it's an everyday occurence

It's a Japanese game after all, in the end it's not that different for me from talking about Ramen and Takoyaki. Gentlemen Thief is something most people in the West know and it's not that different from Phantom Thief as term itself.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm much more annoyed when games use the term ally of justice tbh

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kurtofan posted:

they're on ps3?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

kaitou ya
seigi no mikata
shikata nai

- Persona 5: A Haiku

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

alcharagia posted:

they're on ps3?

no ps3

cheetah7071 posted:

it's problematic

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Get a Vita TV, they cost nothing and you can play P4G and P3P.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh yeah, didn't Futaba hack Akechi's phone? Shouldn't that have been hard enough evidence that Shido ordered all those murders, just leak those convos
The recordings wouldn't prove he was talking to Shido; remember the class question about how you can't identify voices over the phone?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So the way Akechi was causing people to have mental shutdowns and psychotic breaks, did all of his targets have Palaces too? Like was Futaba's mom super hosed up in some way and Akechi killed her shadow there, or can you just find random people's shadows in Mementos and kill them there too?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm curious if you game over to one of Shadow Shido's later forms do you have to do the whole fight again?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

CharlestonJew posted:

So the way Akechi was causing people to have mental shutdowns and psychotic breaks, did all of his targets have Palaces too? Like was Futaba's mom super hosed up in some way and Akechi killed her shadow there, or can you just find random people's shadows in Mementos and kill them there too?

Pretty sure it was mentioned in the game she had a Palace yes or at least the characters suspect it, also you don't need to be super hosed up or evil to have one, just look at Sae. Wakaba probably had one because of the whole being alone while taking care of another person and dealing with her research work at the same time, kinda like Sae too!

Also many people Goro targeted were politicians and CEOs and stuff like that so I wouldn't be suprised if they had Palaces.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
not necessarily he could has assassinated shadows in Mementos as well. The thing that caused the shutdowns were shadows being killed and there are a lot of those just standing around in there. I doubt the Train Conductor who was killed at the beginning had a palace.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That evil conductor merely saw his passengers as cattle to be transported, Goro did the only right thing.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Davincie posted:

so when you sit on the toilet a woman talks to you, was that lavenza. it was so long between her appearing and me trying that i forgot her voice

It's when you take a nap on the cot, and yeah it's def. Lavenza. Sitting on the john makes Caro and Justine tell you about what shadows are and how they work.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

mateo360 posted:

not necessarily he could has assassinated shadows in Mementos as well. The thing that caused the shutdowns were shadows being killed and there are a lot of those just standing around in there. I doubt the Train Conductor who was killed at the beginning had a palace.

was he shutdown or was he sent psychotic, the game seems a bit undecided on that one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Psychotic, the dude survived.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The conductor was turned psychotic. It's his face the game shows when Akechi explains that the psychotic breaks are his special Loki power.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
his "special" power is just brainwash, i can do that too :colbert:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

listen akechi is a wild card that happens to be so hosed up of a person he can only equip two persona

give him a break ok

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No wonder he couldn't get any social links going, he would have had to run to the Velvet Room like every time he talked to someone new to get someone of the appropriate Arcana and gently caress that poo poo

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
He could equip more! It's just he has no relationships because he spends all of his time waiting in line for things. Besides, Loki seems pretty good as a Persona. When he got to Robin Hood, he was probably like 'oh poo poo.'

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
if only he formed a slink with that tv host

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CharlestonJew posted:

Didn't Akechi say after he killed the SIU Director that he had a palace?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Sea Sponge Run posted:

i'm curious if you game over to one of Shadow Shido's later forms do you have to do the whole fight again?

It lets you restart from the point where you are only fighting Shido. So if you die to his final powered up form you still have to redo the part before he powers up.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

That's significantly more forgiving than I was expecting. Thanks, man.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Which rank of Hierophant is the one that's plot/Futaba locked? I've been making coffee and hanging with Sojiro for a while but I haven't ranked up yet.

by originals i mean kyuuyaku and smt 1+2

Davincie posted:

what the

when is this

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 29, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harrow posted:

The conductor was turned psychotic. It's his face the game shows when Akechi explains that the psychotic breaks are his special Loki power.

Is spewing black liquid from all your orifices a symptom of a breakdown on something then, cause that part is just bizarre.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pollyanna posted:

Which rank of Hierophant is the one that's plot/Futaba locked? I've been making coffee and hanging with Sojiro for a while but I haven't ranked up yet.

Rank 5 is unavailable until after Futaba's change of heart. Rank 4 just takes loving forever to make up for the fact that you can get to it months ahead of that happening.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 29, 2017

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Is spewing black liquid from all your orifices a symptom of a breakdown on something then, cause that part is just bizarre.

I think it might be stylistic censored blood but don't hold me to that

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I think it might be stylistic censored blood but don't hold me to that

Japan's equivalent to the ESRB are really weird about blood, so that's not impossible - that's why all the blood in Danganronpa is hot pink, for example.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
they do blood for persona awakenings

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, there's plenty of blood in the game. I can kinda see it being censorship otherwise, but as it is right now it's a really weird choice.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Wait, no, Joker gets shot through the head and bleeds out in the isolation cell, and that's just plain old red blood, so that can't be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
The black blood thing goes back to P3, with the people who would get Apathy Syndrome turning to black goo in the Dark Hour.

• Locked thread