Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

With only a week remaining, I decided to go back and finish off the final boss of Trails in the Sky SC in the only proper way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Another big patch for SC today, and here's some notes regarding what's been changing in FC/SC with all these recent patches. As usual, great to see they're so dedicated to improving the games even well after their release! There's one thing in particular that may be of note to anyone going back and reloading some of their FC/SC saves though:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/857632940083171328

The games do at least offer a million save slots and also autosave all the time for anyone who's currently doing a playthrough and run into this problem, so hopefully it's not much of an issue for anybody.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
So we'll actually get to see the event that caused Olivier's psychological trauma in FC.

This'll be good. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Erpy posted:

So we'll actually get to see the event that caused Olivier's psychological trauma in FC.

Oh man, you're right. That's going to be amazing.

Who's going to LP 3rd? Cake Attack's out, I'm committed to Cold Steel (and probably Cold Steel 2 if I'm being honest). Really Pants?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

A bit ago I posted about a friend playing the GOG version of Trails in the Sky who had a bunch of unexplained crashes that none of the usual things seemed to fix. I saw a post from a few years ago mentioning Asus Xonar soundcards and, sure enough, his mobo had a Xonar thing on it. He disabled the software for it and seems to be fine now.

So, uh, if you also have unexplained crashes I guess try that.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Erpy posted:

What's there to see? He tried matching drinks, after 10 bottles of beer, 5 bottles of wine and a bottle of whatever moonshine the tavern keeps for emergency situations* he realized he was well over his head.
That's when the cocktails with little umbrellas came out and the ladies basically forced him to drink for another hour at least.
Yes, I do realize I'm severely underestimating Aina here.

*Aina drinking

E: It's going to be amazing

Omobono fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 29, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just did the Aina drinking quest in SC last night, lol

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/858176358815481856

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
PSA: There are 100+ Falcom soundtracks on Amazon Prime Music. Going to listen to TITS3rd music while I fall asleep tonight.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
So, quick question. Having just played Cold Steel 1 and 2, it's probably okay if I just put the difficulty on easy to coast thru that portion of the Skies games since these are not as refined as those, right

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can do but it takes a lot of the fun out the bad guys being insane badasses when you one sided stomp them.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

The Machine posted:

PSA: There are 100+ Falcom soundtracks on Amazon Prime Music. Going to listen to TITS3rd music while I fall asleep tonight.

They're also on spotify and itunes if you have subs to either!

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

psychoJ posted:

So, quick question. Having just played Cold Steel 1 and 2, it's probably okay if I just put the difficulty on easy to coast thru that portion of the Skies games since these are not as refined as those, right

There's no "easy" mode in FC. Just normal (which is the only setting the game had when it first came out), hard and nightmare. (which apply global multipliers to enemy stats without much thought for balance) If you think normal in FC is hard or tiresome, you have the option of easy mode in SC. (which applies a negative global multiplier to enemy stats) The main difference between battle in the Sky games and battle in the Steel games are that the Steel games encourage blitz tactics where you overwhelm enemies with crafts, S-crafts, first-hit damage multipliers and status ailments before they can do the same to you. Sky is more classic trading hits with enemies (though you can still get preemptive strikes on normal monsters) and orbal arts are a lot more prominent. (every character gets lots and lots of them due to how the system works)

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, like Erpy said FC doesn't have the option for easy. But if you feel like you want to turn the difficulty down for the other sky games where you can, go right ahead if it helps.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In some ways I prefer the combat in the Sky games.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd say just take your time with the Sky games and enjoy them at a normal pace, because they are still good games. 3rd isn't going anywhere and while there might be some future references in CS3 if it's at all like the previous CS games it will still be plenty self-contained.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Considering everything, thinking that CS3 will be self-contained seems rather optimistic. Crossbell in particular is going to feature heavily and we'll be seeing western Erebonia, which includes Parm and therefore the Liberlian border, AND Liberl is looking like biggest, juiciest target for Erebonia at the moment...

That said, we're not getting CS3 until at the very most optimistically earliest guess Winter 2018 so yeah take your time the series isn't going anywhere (but do buy the 3rd immediately when it comes out, thanks)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Considering everything, thinking that CS3 will be self-contained seems rather optimistic. Crossbell in particular is going to feature heavily and we'll be seeing western Erebonia, which includes Parm and therefore the Liberlian border, AND Liberl is looking like biggest, juiciest target for Erebonia at the moment...

That said, we're not getting CS3 until at the very most optimistically earliest guess Winter 2018 so yeah take your time the series isn't going anywhere (but do buy the 3rd immediately when it comes out, thanks)

I sure as gently caress am, but I'm gonna miss bedgaming with CS3; I can't imagine dicking around campus for the umpteen little NPC subplots without the ability to put the game on hold whenever.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Last Celebration posted:

I sure as gently caress am, but I'm gonna miss bedgaming with CS3; I can't imagine dicking around campus for the umpteen little NPC subplots without the ability to put the game on hold whenever.

That really is the crux of the issue, a game with dozens of mandatory hour long breaks from progrsss for some sweet sweet quality npc stories requires absolute comfort.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Last Celebration posted:

Perfect time to buy a vita :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tomie knows me posted:

Perfect time to buy a vita :v:

I assume he already has one, but is simply unaware that remote play exist.

Hey guy, remote play exists.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mostly really want the part where I can just constantly take breaks while binging through a 60 hour game but still play every day after work for a little, and remote play is kinda spotty for that. At least mine...

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Remoteplay terminates when you put the Vita in sleep mode. It also doesnt fill the screen for some reason, atleast on srw V the only game I tried it on. Also spotty internet in my room.

I should try it again though, I really need to try to play my PS4 games and hopefully thatll help. My point was more about 3rd than CS3 though, I deleted that after realising he was talking about the latter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

What did you think all of the Nord content was for if it wasn't meant to be the "Gaius Backstory"? With Falcom shifting the focus to the West side of the Empire for CS3 I can't see them wanting to subject players to that experience again.

Actually had a think about this and it IS possible that Nord becomes quite relevant again.

It's possible that the second Sept-Terrion to match with Fire isn't Water or Time like one might speculate, but Wind, and it's located in Nord because muh wind. Thus the "Blaze" in Phantasmal Blaze, Fire + Wind. We'll be going to Bryonia Island where the second colossal statue is to match with the one in Nord, so there is a connection there as well.

:speculate:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Terper posted:

Actually had a think about this and it IS possible that Nord becomes quite relevant again.

It's possible that the second Sept-Terrion to match with Fire isn't Water or Time like one might speculate, but Wind, and it's located in Nord because muh wind. Thus the "Blaze" in Phantasmal Blaze, Fire + Wind. We'll be going to Bryonia Island where the second colossal statue is to match with the one in Nord, so there is a connection there as well.

:speculate:

That technically wouldn't follow. The second Sept-Terrion is in Erebonia, and Nord isn't actually part of Erebonia, they're just bros.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Supremezero posted:

That technically wouldn't follow. The second Sept-Terrion is in Erebonia, and Nord isn't actually part of Erebonia, they're just bros.

Sure, thing is that we don't know how the lines were drawn some 1200+ years ago. It's possible that Erebonia and Nord was simply one of the seven civilizations - or two of them. Nord also houses one of the Spirit Shrines, and together with The Dreichels Connection, Nord may well be part of the "cycle" that the Divine Knights exist in.

That said, my primary theory is still that the second Sept-Terrion is that of Water. There's too much imagery at play.

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 29, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://trailsinthesky.com/3rd/

Don't read it if you want to go in ~completely blind~

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
holy poo poo nice website design

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i mean that btw, old school design for an old school game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you think that's good, check out this old school design

https://web.archive.org/web/20160401124208/http://www.sora-evo-3rd.com/index.html

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

finally, the perfect JRPG party

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

p. sure i had this stage in my mugen pack in 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't wait to adventure with

and

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Terper posted:

finally, the perfect JRPG party

Wow, looks like it might be time for me to actually get an avatar.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Joshua's portrait on that page is really bothering me. Something about it just looks really off to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Joshua's portrait on that page is really bothering me. Something about it just looks really off to me.

there's also a typo in estelle's description. 'she has joshua have been traveling.'

for shame, xseed. 0/10 never buying again.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/858499273725431808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack please, the thread title...