Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Does Gotham's fake Joker count? I heard they brought him back.

Yeah, they brought him back to life because that's a thing they have on Gotham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

With Joker being in Injustice 2, I'm writing a piece on continuities where they killed off the Joker only for him to return or live on in some fashion. Here's what I have:

- Dark Knight Returns
- Batman Beyond
- Arkham game series
- The Nail
- The Batman 666 future
- The NES Batman games
- The planned fifth Batman movie where Nicholson Joker would have reappeared as a fear gas illusion
- The first Injustice

Anything else? Any Elseworlds I'm missing?

What about the Elsworld where Batman is a Green Lantern.
Sinestro mind scans Jack Naiper, kills him and then he becomes crazy as a Joker/Sinestro hybrid. Technically it meets your criteria.

Didn't Batman 1 Million have Joker as a computer virus in the future?

Or that Elsworld (I think it was called Distant Fires) where Earth gets hit by a bunch of disasters and all people lose their powers and shizzle. The Joker is one of the survivors but all the horrors he has witnessed have made him sane.
So the Joker has died...but Jack Naiper lives! (I always loved that line from the Amiga Batman game.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
In The Batman vs. Dracula, Joker gets turned undead. Does that count as a death/return?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember any details but surely Joker dies in the Red Rain trilogy at some point.

edit: he does
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Earth-43)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 29, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Have Magneto and The Punisher ever actually met, and did they just fight or did they team up against some anti-mutant hate group?

Would The Punisher respect Magneto as someone who has seen as much horrible poo poo as he has and sees the world in a somewhat similar way or just another criminal to be gunned down- the worst kind, too, who thinks he's right and justified?

Would Magneto see Frank as someone else who went through some terrible trauma that showed him the world isn't what it's cracked up to be and only makes sense if you force it to, or just see another psychotic, overly violent human?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wait, when does Joker come back to life in TDKR? One of the sequels?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SonicRulez posted:

Wait, when does Joker come back to life in TDKR? One of the sequels?

Doesn't Dick Grayson adopt the identity in DKSA?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dick is the Joker in DKSA.

Also, is there a really good run for an Elektra solo book? The new one is ok, but I feel like there's probably better iht there.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Roth posted:

Also, is there a really good run for an Elektra solo book? The new one is ok, but I feel like there's probably better iht there.

The obvious answer is the Sienkiewicz/Miller series from the 80s, which is deeply bizarre but like nothing else out there (and was written when Miller actually had interesting things to say).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

The 90s Peter Milligan/Deodato run :getin:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Selachian posted:

The obvious answer is the Sienkiewicz/Miller series from the 80s, which is deeply bizarre but like nothing else out there (and was written when Miller actually had interesting things to say).

One of the best ever. Top-grade stuff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Selachian posted:

redbackground posted:

The 90s Peter Milligan/Deodato run :getin:

Dang, neither of them are on Marvel Unlimited. Guess I'll just hope it gets added soon.

SMP
May 5, 2009

The 2014 one with Mike del Mundo is nice. The writing isn't anything amazing but del Mundo's work is always A+

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Roth posted:

I haven't read it in years, but I remember Zeb Wells' Dark Reign: Elektra being quite good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

KaosMachina posted:

Have Magneto and The Punisher ever actually met, and did they just fight or did they team up against some anti-mutant hate group?

Would The Punisher respect Magneto as someone who has seen as much horrible poo poo as he has and sees the world in a somewhat similar way or just another criminal to be gunned down- the worst kind, too, who thinks he's right and justified?

Would Magneto see Frank as someone else who went through some terrible trauma that showed him the world isn't what it's cracked up to be and only makes sense if you force it to, or just see another psychotic, overly violent human?

If Magneto hurts Innocents then I think Punisher's stance is clear. Not sure what Mags would think of Frank, but is Magneto known for ever respecting or allying with non-mutants?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lobok posted:

If Magneto hurts Innocents then I think Punisher's stance is clear. Not sure what Mags would think of Frank, but is Magneto known for ever respecting or allying with non-mutants?

Lee Forrester and in his solo series he is allied with a human he injured years before. He also allied with Red Skull that one time

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

bobkatt013 posted:

Lee Forrester and in his solo series he is allied with a human he injured years before. He also allied with Red Skull that one time

Yeah but that one was literally just to get him close enough to gently caress over the Red Skull.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The mainline DCU :smug:

Batman Beyond Return of the Joker movie is the definition of this

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

KaosMachina posted:

Yeah but that one was literally just to get him close enough to gently caress over the Red Skull.

One of magnetos greatest moments

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

One of magnetos greatest moments

basically any time Magneto has a moment of 'listen I'm a bad guy, sure, but I'm not a goddamn MONSTER' is good but yea that's easily one of the best.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
In the 80s Two-Face goes straight but gets corrupted again when a new split personality surfaces through a voice he hears from his radio. After months it's revealed to be the then-thought-dead Joker loving with him.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can a facehugger impregnate Groot? What about something like The Brood?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yes, because they are fictional, and writers can make anything happen if they want.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Villain power levels can fluctuate depending on what the writers want them to do but has there ever been one that has been able to defeat the Avengers or Justice league easily but in their next appearance gets dominated by the cleaner?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Prometheus after his first appearance, pretty much

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Prometheus after his first appearance, pretty much

Is he a DC character?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sinners Sandwich posted:

A xenomorph with wood paneling might be pretty cool in a rustic kind of way. Downside is that the facehugger pops out saying "I am Xenomorph!" and nobody finds it clever.

EDIT: Chestburster, not Facehugger.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 30, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Yes, because they are fictional, and writers can make anything happen if they want.

No, because facehuggers don't impregnate.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Open Marriage Night posted:

A xenomorph with wood paneling might be pretty cool in a rustic kind of way. Downside is that the facehugger pops out saying "I am Xenomorph!" and nobody finds it clever.

... I'm going to see if one of my art friends wants to draw this.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

bessantj posted:

Is he a DC character?

Yeah, beat up the justice league in his first appearance (until batman hit him with ALS), but was never really a credible threat again.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, beat up the justice league in his first appearance (until batman hit him with ALS), but was never really a credible threat again.

Well I can see why he was never a credible threat again.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bessantj posted:

Villain power levels can fluctuate depending on what the writers want them to do but has there ever been one that has been able to defeat the Avengers or Justice league easily but in their next appearance gets dominated by the cleaner?

In Identity Crisis (which most people here rightfully dislike), the entire Justice League jobbed to Deathstroke, but he has also had his rear end kicked by the Teen Titans before.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A lot of villains are Justice League threats who inevitable ends up jobbing to non-leaguers at some point. I'm pretty sure Amazo and Despero have both gotten their poo poo wrecked for example.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Booster Gold technically beat Doomsday the one time.

But that was a whole thing and was handled believably.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Booster Gold technically beat Doomsday the one time.

But that was a whole thing and was handled believably.

Was that when Doomsday picks Booster up and slams his head in a loving car door? That's my favorite example of cool looking over functional in fiction. He could destroy every bone in his body with one punch but he uses a car door.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SiKboy posted:

Didn't Catwoman also beat him by whipping him in the nuts?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madkal posted:

Didn't Catwoman also beat him by whipping him in the nuts?

That was in his first appearance - she was something he didn't plan for so she was able to take him by surprise.

Years later, when Dini (I think it was Dini) was writing Detective Comics (I think it was Detective Comics) he brought in this retcon that the Prometheus who'd been beaten all the time was actually Prometheus's heretofore unseen assistant impersonating him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

That was in his first appearance - she was something he didn't plan for so she was able to take him by surprise.

Years later, when Dini (I think it was Dini) was writing Detective Comics (I think it was Detective Comics) he brought in this retcon that the Prometheus who'd been beaten all the time was actually Prometheus's heretofore unseen assistant impersonating him.

loving Xorn man, he gets around.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

loving Thanos man, he gets around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

According to Mortal Kombat X, a facehugger works on a man made of stone, so probably, yeah.