Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The weed rules are beyond dumb, but how do you fail NFL drug tests 7 times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What's wrong with these guys? Help me understand the mindset of dudes who struggle putting the blunt down because I don't get it. Are there underlying issues like lack of self confidence or coping with adversity?

I'm seriously lost at the stupidity of getting popped for weed over and over again.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Maybe they are addicted?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

The weed rules are beyond dumb, but how do you fail NFL drug tests 7 times?

A few of them are missed tests, which count as failed tests. It doesn't matter, though--he clearly wasn't motivated enough to get it together and reportedly blew off team help repeatedly

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

John Brown posted:

What's wrong with these guys? Help me understand the mindset of dudes who struggle putting the blunt down because I don't get it. Are there underlying issues like lack of self confidence or coping with adversity?

I'm seriously lost at the stupidity of getting popped for weed over and over again.

Spot on, goon. These NFL players have never tried to do something hard (listening to some old not being able to find word.exe AGAIN , installing linux) and to cope they, like all inferior people, turn to mind altering substances to escape their pusillanimous lives.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

John Brown posted:

The ban on weed is a stupid rule and players treat it like such

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Phobeste posted:

Spot on, goon. These NFL players have never tried to do something hard (listening to some old not being able to find word.exe AGAIN , installing linux) and to cope they, like all inferior people, turn to mind altering substances to escape their pusillanimous lives.

I think it's more racist to assume all black people smoke blunts

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Phobeste posted:

Niwrad posted:

Maybe they are addicted?

I think you guys missed my point. Most of these athletes work their assess off so I don't think entitlement is the issue. To specify, perhaps it is a matter of all the pressure from the NFL and their family/friends once they make it to the pros. Maybe they use weed as their avenue to alleviate that pressure?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The same guys get caught over and over again. Why? Because until you get popped you get randomly tested once a year, from 4/20 through August or so. Once you pass your test you can smoke if you want I guess. But if you pop you are tested all the time. Basically half the league smokes weed and doesn't get caught because they can give it up for 30 days to 4.5 months a year.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The ban on weed is a stupid rule and players treat it like such

:agreed: but Gregory had a ton of support from a Cowboys org looking to protect its investment and get him onto the field.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Post the guy on your team that probably smokes weed but you'd never think it. For me, it's Joe Thomas.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

The same guys get caught over and over again. Why? Because until you get popped you get randomly tested once a year, from 4/20 through August or so. Once you pass your test you can smoke if you want I guess. But if you pop you are tested all the time. Basically half the league smokes weed and doesn't get caught because they can give it up for 30 days to 4.5 months a year.

Hell, you get some players that are in the accelerated testing because of loving college.

No I'm not still super bitter about how the NFL has handled Josh Gordon.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Post the guy on your team that probably smokes weed but you'd never think it. For me, it's Joe Thomas.

there's no way tom brady eats all that wacky poo poo without getting high first

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Be p sweet if Roger said he was reinstated today, fits the timeline and would cap a great draft.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

Be p sweet if Roger said he was reinstated today, fits the timeline and would cap a great draft.

If he's anywhere close to 2013 form that changes the entire dynamic of our offense overnight. Look how effective he was with Hoyer/Campbell/Weeden.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Michael Corleone posted:

Post the guy on your team that probably smokes weed but you'd never think it.

Alex Smith obviously.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Philip Rivers would never go near the devil's plant

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

John Brown posted:

I think you guys missed my point. Most of these athletes work their assess off so I don't think entitlement is the issue. To specify, perhaps it is a matter of all the pressure from the NFL and their family/friends once they make it to the pros. Maybe they use weed as their avenue to alleviate that pressure?

Beep boop what are hooman emotions

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oberst posted:

Beep boop what are hooman emotions

You continue to not add any value into any of your posts across multiple threads. Try not posting for once - maybe that'll help you not get probated again.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Lmfao

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I think it's more racist to assume all black people smoke blunts

I think Randy Gregory smokes out of a vaporizer that looks like a dick and the balls are where the fluid is kept. And one ball is weed and one ball is tobacco and you can switch between them at the flick of a button. I think he probably left it on the wrong setting. He's the victim here imo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Phobeste posted:

I think Randy Gregory smokes out of a vaporizer that looks like a dick and the balls are where the fluid is kept. And one ball is weed and one ball is tobacco and you can switch between them at the flick of a button. I think he probably left it on the wrong setting. He's the victim here imo

Heck, who wouldn't want to smoke that dick?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Jota posted:

Heck, who wouldn't want to smoke that dick?

The switches are all in the gooch

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Congrats to the Bengals for keeping the American dream alive. You can break a girls jaw and ruin her life and still go in the second round :911:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shady's really a prick lol

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/858380346588622849

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Michael Corleone posted:

Jerry Richardson

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Philip Rivers would never go near the devil's plant

Rivers drug of choice is not pulling out

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/wcpo/status/858346514959261696

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

John Brown posted:

In Martavis Bryant's case, he was treating clinical depression with weed bc he didn't know any better, nor had any healthy coping tools because he comes from abject poverty. The story goes that he was on a huge high from his performance against Denver in the 2015 Divisional round, and when they lost he quickly spiraled into depression since his entire support system was his team, showing up to the facility and working out, studying film. With the abrupt loss of structure, he quickly slid back into old habits, tried making himself feel better the way he was used to, which is smoking weed all day every day.

This is why his conditional reinstatement is contingent on having a clinical psychiatrist in place to manage his meds.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Weed is fantastic

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Weed is fantastic

Yes

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

In Martavis Bryant's case, he was treating clinical depression with weed bc he didn't know any better, nor had any healthy coping tools because he comes from abject poverty. The story goes that he was on a huge high from his performance against Denver in the 2015 Divisional round, and when they lost he quickly spiraled into depression since his entire support system was his team, showing up to the facility and working out, studying film. With the abrupt loss of structure, he quickly slid back into old habits, tried making himself feel better the way he was used to, which is smoking weed all day every day.

This is why his conditional reinstatement is contingent on having a clinical psychiatrist in place to manage his meds.

that's legitimately very sad and also an indictment of the nfl's loving asinine weed policy

the nfl should make :420: mandatory after games and before press conferences

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

and yet shithead Jeremy Hill was acceptable to them? Whoever wrote this never mentioned him

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

AggressivelyStupid posted:

and yet shithead Jeremy Hill was acceptable to them? Whoever wrote this never mentioned him

Even more of a reason the bengals are a garbage organization! Two RBs, one who punched a woman and another who tried to molest a 14 year old girl! And Adam Jones! Go bengals!

Spintzel fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 29, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
how can the 49ers get as far away from Colin Kaepernick controversy as quickly as possible?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a patagonian cavy posted:

that's legitimately very sad and also an indictment of the nfl's loving asinine weed policy

I would not be surprised at all if the vast majority of guys who flame out of the league with repeated failed drug tests are treating pain, emotional or physical. The way the NFL deals with this is ridiculously counter-productive

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Spintzel posted:

Even more of a reason the bengals are a garbage organization! Two RBs, one who punched a woman and another who tried to molest a 14 year old girl! And Adam Jones! Go bengals!

Uh excuse me the kiddie molester also punched someone out. Really pacman is the most upstanding of the bunch.

People try to use Burfict as an example but I'm pretty sure he's squeaky clean off the field. He's disappointed me by not beheading Ben on the football field yet but alas

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Really though let he who roots for a team that doesn't employ a rapist, batterer, or assaulter throw the first stone

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant think of any current panthers tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

a patagonian cavy posted:

Yes, give him drugs instead of access to mental care. #america

• Locked thread