Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pumphrey is 5'8", 176 lbs.

Sproles replacement. Still need a lead back.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Whatever happened to that SDSU running back who wore groucho glasses with a cape? Didn't he try to start a religion or something?

He was preaching his insane cult thing in Mexico last I heard I think?

He didn't start the religion if I remember right, he was following someone? I don't remember.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
bengals have drafted a woman puncher, an auburn player, and a tennessee player. truly a shameful draft

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Steelers have already picked and they still haven't announced the Packers pick because they just needed to run 17 commercials first

Probably gonna tune out after I see the Packers' pick.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
DOBBS

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
what a loving waste

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

NFL overview on Williams basically shits all over him. Is he really that bad?

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
4th round RB sounds about right to me

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ahahah look at Dobbs' head

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Oh boy another trash Big 12 QB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--huh?

Roasted Donut posted:

what a loving waste

Haha, I'm glad he went to your team.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Was really hoping the Cowboys would've taken Jake Butt there, might as well stash him for a season and start grooming him to be Witten's potential replacement.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

OSheaman posted:

4th round RB sounds about right to me

Draft profile makes him sound completely unremarkable. He apparently has trouble breaking tackles :effort:

Ah well, having someone to soak up hits to spell Monty will work just fine. Gonna do other stuff now, will check back in later to see what our new backups are.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

so is this guy gonna be better than landry jones because otherwise I don't really undrerstand the steelers taking a qb here

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

PASS THE MASH posted:

Oh boy another trash Big 12 QB.

Oh right Tennessee is SEC. still trash though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Black Peyton will surely be a great success

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Apparently this Packers RB hates drinking and loves playing video games

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jesus gently caress the orangutan picked a tackle

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
they were dead set on a qb for this year anyways, it just sucks to see it realized now

kind of figured it would be kaaya and not dobbs

still need a slot cb and another olb would be nice

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

so is this guy gonna be better than landry jones because otherwise I don't really undrerstand the steelers taking a qb here

Ben's getting old, a developmental QB who isn't Landry Jones (because come on) makes sense. Whether that QB spot should be spent on Josh Dobbs is....well, up for debate.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

OSheaman posted:

Apparently this Packers RB hates drinking and loves playing video games

He's a Mormon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
What is a Zach Benner?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

89 posted:

Pumphrey is 5'8", 176 lbs.

Sproles replacement. Still need a lead back.

He's a 3rd down RB who's really good out of the backfield. Very tough, durable player. Don't start him at lead RB though.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Whatever happened to that SDSU running back who wore groucho glasses with a cape? Didn't he try to start a religion or something?

Muema went crazy and joined some weirdo cult. He's still preaching and lifting weights pretty much 24/7

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Falcons draft a guy with mad scientist hair.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm looking forward to both of the players I want on the Dolphins going in the middle of the 5th

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Haha that's our future soccer mom owner.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Colts drafted an ape to play tackle. Great pick

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

He's a 3rd down RB who's really good out of the backfield. Very tough, durable player. Don't start him at lead RB though.

Muema went crazy and joined some weirdo cult. He's still preaching and lifting weights pretty much 24/7

Still? Gotta admire that dedication.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Didn't he take a baseball bat to the head or something? He probably doesn't have CTE but I could buy some sort of traumatic brain injury screwing everything up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

KC sees someone they want

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't he take a baseball bat to the head or something? He probably doesn't have CTE but I could buy some sort of traumatic brain injury screwing everything up.

Yeah, he got beat with a baseball bat at SDSU and had to have this really intense eye surgery that no one thought he'd come back from. The fact he was as good as he was at SDSU and could have been a decent NFL RB is kind of sad, considering how things turned out

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

KC sees someone they want

So much trading up.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Not that there was really a good one left, but I wonder at what point the Cardinals realize they're continuous avoidance of drafting a QB in rounds 1 - 4 will have hurt them? They talk about Palmer mentoring one, but he has only 1-2 years left, at which point they'll have nothing but some scrub off the street like Lindley. Gonna cost Keim and Arians their jobs when that day comes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please don't take King

SourKraut posted:

Not that there was really a good one left, but I wonder at what point the Cardinals realize they're continuous avoidance of drafting a QB in rounds 1 - 4 will have hurt them? They talk about Palmer mentoring one, but he has only 1-2 years left, at which point they'll have nothing but some scrub off the street like Lindley. Gonna cost Keim and Arians their jobs when that day comes.

That's how you become the Texans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the Patriots get a pass rusher who is slow, but probably more of a 3-4 style DE, cool cool.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SourKraut posted:

Or maybe they like next year's qb class better?

I don't follow college ball but I've been hearing for months that next year's got a better QB selection and Palmer isn't so old that they can't hold off a year and then get a guy who could start without years of development maybe?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dobbs can hang out with shazier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Um...Mahomes needs weapons? Because I don't see this guy contributing this year.

• Locked thread