Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i know people like jays hipster look now but this was the sharpest looking jay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

The Beige Menace.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It looks like they're both dressed in some kind of weird schlubby WWII army uniform or something.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they're dressed like used car dealers

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Something tells me you dress like this because no one should dress like this except for old basketball coaches.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Whorelord posted:

tbh do you honestly think the (other than the USA) nation that deep fries everything wasn't going to be full of rich Evans lookalikes?

It's not just the fried food, you need to have marinaded your entire life in a stew of deep disappointment and existential despair to get the full Rich Evans look.

So yeah, Scotland :scotland:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Something tells me you dress like this because no one should dress like this except for old basketball coaches.

I'm the short-sleeved polo shirt that comes down to Jay's elbows.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Isn't Australia the fattest or 2nd fattest country?

What's their excuse? It's a tropical beach covered in spiders. You'd think they'd have a healthy zest for life.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're always throwing shrimp on the Barbie. And it's so loving hot you gotta stay indoors.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWTthXfdBc&t=541s

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

It was nice for Jay to stop off on his way to prom

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE COMMENTARY TRACK OUT :siren:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Finally gives me a reason to watch Rouge One.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Jay absolutely needs the beard to hide the fact he has no chin.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good commentary so far, Rich is a man after my own heart. He hates the force crap too.

This is far better than the hack job they did in HitB. They are still wrong about the characters in respect to TFA. If I don't care about Han Solo why the gently caress would I care about anyone else or Darth Pissbaby.

They nailed my feeling on the look and technical aspects which I enjoy.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I liked Rogue one and I like RLM but I don't know if I can handle an hour and a half of them making GBS threads on Rogue One for being "soulless" when I thought it was a fun film with no force bullshit and I liked all the characters

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Rogue One had tons of Force bullshit what are you talking about.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
That movie's like four hours long and has maybe two thirds of a character when you add them all together.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Less Jedi stuff I guess I meant

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL, they are still pining for a film that doesn't exist.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Rogue One was so boring that MY GIRLFRIEND literally actually and literally fell asleep in the cinema and missed half or three quarters of it, and it wasn't exactly a quiet film either. She'll usually watch any old poo poo but rogue one defeated her.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More like Rogue One Star!!!!!!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I haven't actually watched R1 yet but one of my pals has it on his google drive so I guess now I have a reason to watch this dreck.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mid western science teacher

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh poo poo hes even standing next to an a/v cart

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Plain t-shirts, jeans and converse. Ya know, hipster clothes.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Isn't Australia the fattest or 2nd fattest country?

What's their excuse? It's a tropical beach covered in spiders. You'd think they'd have a healthy zest for life.

How fat are you, you blithering dumbshit?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

powerful sex moves posted:

Plain t-shirts, jeans and converse. Ya know, hipster clothes.

If you were building a white guy in a video game with all the sliders set in the middle.

UP AND ADAM posted:

How fat are you, you blithering dumbshit?

If Rich Evans ate Rebel Wilson after she ate Turnbull and Crocodile Dundee.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I was worried I'd have to watch this whole movie again, but most of this commentary has nothing to do with what's happening in the movie, so you could listen to it like a podcast.

And lol at the Star Wars horror movie "VVampa"

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 29, 2017

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

If Rich Evans ate Rebel Wilson after she ate Turnbull and Crocodile Dundee.

So like George R.R. Martin?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Hahaha Mike played D&D and Rich didn't.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Lavender posted:

I was worried I'd have to watch this whole movie again, but most of this commentary has nothing to do with what's happening in the movie, so you could listen to it like a podcast.

And lol at the Star Wars horror movied "VVampa"

yeah, they also expand on their points on the movie alot better and i agree with them more now.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Sonofabitch I just watched and returned that movie yesterday. Guess I'll have to pirate reacquire it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Lavender posted:

And lol at the Star Wars horror movied "VVampa"

Sounds like my kind of flick.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I haven't actually watched R1 yet.

And I'm not going to.

In fact im gonna make a whole review show about how I refuse to watch things.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

In fact im gonna make a whole review show about how I refuse to watch things.

Make sure you partner up with geekcrate

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The commentary gets worse further in. Maybe they got drunk or it's deliberate but they get really obtuse. They really, really want that heist movie but being that knowledgeable about Star Wars you would think they would put two and two together to realise they will get that movie later at an undetermined date.

They bitch on about the team having no plan before wishing for Oceans Eleven for the nth time. Yeah no poo poo because they didn't know anything about the place and they didn't have time. They show you the team looking up the local directory, the commandos were plan 2/2.

The tension from the final battle doesn't come from a timer. The tension comes from the ebb and flow of the battle. Who is winning is constantly changing hands. The Death Troopers arrive for example is another reversal like the AT-AT and their subsequent destruction.

Had they not shown the Death Troopers disembarking you wouldn't know where they came from. Krennic did send them off but the movie always makes sure you know where things are moving.

They miss the reasons why the camera followed some of the action at such and such of an angle. They provided the motion to move into the next scene or frame so you know where and when something is happening.

It is something TFA is missing especially during the final battle as space and time goes out the window. TFA uses a timer but when that passes nothing happens. The same set of scenes in ANH has them show you the firing sequence from earlier just seconds after zero. If you use a timer, you have to show the countdown. Then you have people teleporting about the place leaving you asking where the gently caress everyone is and how did they get there.

Leia was being a badass by lying right into Vadar's face and had nothing to lose.

The character arcs were weak, but come the gently caress on.

It was a good start but they devolve and start missing the forest for the trees. It got to the point I wrote off their obtuseness as factitious.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Hahaha Mike played D&D and Rich didn't.

That was very cute when Mike made the D&D party analogy, and it's something more than a few D&D nerds have used to explain (or excuse) Rogue one.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

The commentary gets worse further in. Maybe they got drunk or it's deliberate but they get really obtuse. They really, really want that heist movie but being that knowledgeable about Star Wars you would think they would put two and two together to realise they will get that movie later at an undetermined date.

They bitch on about the team having no plan before wishing for Oceans Eleven for the nth time. Yeah no poo poo because they didn't know anything about the place and they didn't have time. They show you the team looking up the local directory, the commandos were plan 2/2.

The tension from the final battle doesn't come from a timer. The tension comes from the ebb and flow of the battle. Who is winning is constantly changing hands. The Death Troopers arrive for example is another reversal like the AT-AT and their subsequent destruction.

Had they not shown the Death Troopers disembarking you wouldn't know where they came from. Krennic did send them off but the movie always makes sure you know where things are moving.

They miss the reasons why the camera followed some of the action at such and such of an angle. They provided the motion to move into the next scene or frame so you know where and when something is happening.

It is something TFA is missing especially during the final battle as space and time goes out the window. TFA uses a timer but when that passes nothing happens. The same set of scenes in ANH has them show you the firing sequence from earlier just seconds after zero. If you use a timer, you have to show the countdown. Then you have people teleporting about the place leaving you asking where the gently caress everyone is and how did they get there.

Leia was being a badass by lying right into Vadar's face and had nothing to lose.

It was a good start but they devolve and start missing the forest for the trees. It got to the point I wrote off their obtuseness as factitious.

This is a good example of when Jay mentioned Star Wars fans getting very upset over their criticisms of Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

oohhboy posted:

source your quotes

• Locked thread