Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Shear Modulus posted:

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/858373422061158402

Don't they know that opposing white supremacists just plays into their hands and the smart thing to do is to let them terrorize and shut down a town?

Traditionalist Workers Party are not MAGA CHUDS or pepe boys; they are legit white power pieces of poo poo that want ethnic cleansing.

Notice the makeup of the WP guys at Auburn and now Pikeville - not a POC among them. Very different than the CHUDS/Pepes who are a mixed bag of crazies across racial lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/858157866901024768

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

:discourse:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

really. i think thats a pretty big loving stretch.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

really. i think thats a pretty big loving stretch.

nope, this has been a thing for at least a decade

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Maybe antifa serve the function of keeping the fascists focused on them rather than poc owned businesses?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The finger wink thing was adapted from smug pepe and then appropriated by white supremacists. poo poo can have innocent origins in the past and become lovely racist code later on.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I miss the number 88, it was one of my faves :(

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

zegermans posted:

The finger wink thing was adapted from smug pepe and then appropriated by white supremacists. poo poo can have innocent origins in the past and become lovely racist code later on.

I definitely remember hearing about it being a white power thing a long time ago, my undergraduate D&D group was using it as an in joke to make fun of a racist guy we kicked out

but yeah it's primary meaning is innocuous and innocent because it's the "okay" symbol

it's also that thing where you hold it under your belt line and punch a dude who looks at it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I used to smash the windows of jewish owned businesses but the nazis ruined it for me

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Stop letting racists redefine everything.

Its the okay symbol, that's what it means. If anyone uses it for anything else, then they're a stupid moron.

All your doing when you say with a shocked expression "actually, its a white power symbol" is letting them set the terms. It's a transparent troll, because for anyone outside looking in, you look crazy for saying a normal thing is this code or whatever. And that's the goal, to make you look bad.

Don't fall for it, they're just being morons.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

rudatron posted:

Its the okay symbol, that's what it means. If anyone uses it for anything else, then they're a stupid moron.

All your doing when you say with a shocked expression "actually, its a white power symbol" is letting them set the terms. It's a transparent troll, because for anyone outside looking in, you look crazy for saying a normal thing is this code or whatever. And that's the goal, to make you look bad.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

QM?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Someone slug this nerd

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

yeah it stands for "quite miserable" which is how I feel when I read your posts

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

poor rear end defense there not hooking the finger properly

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/gabrielwinant/status/858053426961416192

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I think the hand signal is supposed to be referencing those "REAL NIGGA HOURS WHO DA gently caress UP FAM" memes that started out as black people having fun and then turned into white people making fun of how blacks use social media

this poo poo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Traditionalist Workers Party are not MAGA CHUDS or pepe boys; they are legit white power pieces of poo poo that want ethnic cleansing.

Notice the makeup of the WP guys at Auburn and now Pikeville - not a POC among them. Very different than the CHUDS/Pepes who are a mixed bag of crazies across racial lines.

Yeh the internet Pepes are multicultural

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just like ISIS

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It really is like ISIS! At least it's pulling from the same category of people, leaving aside the jokers.

Spend a little time browsing alt-right twitter and you'll run into some budding Elliot Rodgers. They've all glommed onto this cyber-fascist thing like june bugs attracted to a porch light.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was looking at pics of the Pikeville rally earlier and stumbled onto an alt-right twitter account that popped up a few weeks ago. Lives in Texas, gives me eerie Rodger vibes with talk about accepting an early violent death and his issues with depression. Wanted to get involved in Identity Europa and a Houston-area alt-right group called the Houston Goylers that is affiliated with it, but complained that they only accepted upper-middle-class types with stable jobs (which he doesn't have). Comments about living in Houston and feeling alienated; not having a community, etc.

There's the pattern: Alienation in the modern world, meet extremist identity formation. The fact that these groups are trying to keep the more radical / would-be shooters out is good for the groups but bad for the would-be shooters who may seek alternative courses of action. On the positive side he seems to be focused on starting his own alt-right podcast, so at least he's not talking about imminently hurting anyone so that's good?

There was already the Quebec mosque shooter and now here's another canary: https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/a-trump-supporter-allegedly-attacked-students-at-a-school?utm_term=.egGZayQr2#.kw6AaRqDj

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 10:56 on Apr 30, 2017

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

imagine the kinds of spontaneous nihilistic outbursts of """""lone wolf""""" violence we'll see if the country turns on trump en masse

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

You've already got that machete dude. I'm not sure Trump can get less popular, he's already down to the no hopers and relentless contrarians. Everyone else has washed their hands of him.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

You've already got that machete dude. I'm not sure Trump can get less popular, he's already down to the no hopers and relentless contrarians. Everyone else has washed their hands of him.

I was thinking like eating bigtime poo poo in 2018 and 2020, or just running close to a -20% consistently in aggregate polls

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/freekekistan_/status/858481032118419456
https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/858532999650050048

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this world is so so loving stupid.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ok city bombing folks... it all lines up

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hey speaking of fascists and pepe memes and stuff, the /pol/ guy who went to a Black Lives Matter march to start poo poo, got confronted, shot 5 people, and claimed "I felt threatened by scary animal-like black people yelling at me" got 15 years.

Of course he wasn't summarily executed like 12 year olds with toy guns, but hey it's a start.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/minnesota-man-gets-15-years-for-shooting-5-black-lives-matter-protesters/

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

zegermans posted:

Hey speaking of fascists and pepe memes and stuff, the /pol/ guy who went to a Black Lives Matter march to start poo poo, got confronted, shot 5 people, and claimed "I felt threatened by scary animal-like black people yelling at me" got 15 years.

Of course he wasn't summarily executed like 12 year olds with toy guns, but hey it's a start.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/minnesota-man-gets-15-years-for-shooting-5-black-lives-matter-protesters/

so im assuming no one died?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

so im assuming no one died?

no one died and they chased him for block or 2 before he started shooting. probably why he didn't get a tougher sentence

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

rudatron posted:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no one died and they chased him for block or 2 before he started shooting. probably why he didn't get a tougher sentence

would you say that they were providing him a mortal threat by being black and walking?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

zegermans posted:

would you say that they were providing him a mortal threat by being black and walking?
he specifically went there with the intention to shoot black people and get away with it as a justifiable homicide. he was yelling a whole bunch of racist stuff trying to get folks angry enough to attack him, and when he did that, he ran away just enough to say he tried to run (because MN isn't a stand your ground state, or else I'm sure he would have unloaded right there), then when he felt he'd run enough, he turned around and started shooting.

it's a tough one for prosecutors to get a conviction for anything higher than what they did, because he did his best to put himself in a situation where shooting someone was gonna be his only option. i'm glad they got as good of a conviction as they did.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

15 years is a long time. I'm sure he'll only serve like 4, but still.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Eagerly awaiting when wokes start attacking random Japanese tourists.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

15 years is a long time. I'm sure he'll only serve like 4, but still.

He'll do 10 in and 5 on supervised release, I looked it up and Minnesota has no time off for good behavior or parole board. All offenders do 2/3 of their time in prison and 1/3 on supervised release.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

i didnt say the court was right. i said thats probably why he got that sentence.

rudatron posted:

because they are idiots and need to be mad at something instead of actualy fighting back, they would rather let the bigots redefine stuff and then legitimize it for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

putin is a lot geasier than i expected