Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I just bought Kled. Is the secret to just go balls to the wall all day every day?

He does short trades pretty well too. Once you decide to all-in though you usually want to exceed your opponent's commitment and force their hand as early in the fight as possible. The less they have to throw on you while dismounted the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Been playing a lot more Rakan, I'm really coming around to E-max first because without his olly-out available his trading is really difficult, and if you just use the shield on it actively you'll end up preventing more damage than Q's heal (which doesn't scale with levels anyway.) Basically without his E, Rakan can't get into a mixup without getting real dead since he's not naturally tanky enough to just frontline, and it's also his main support tool. So getting the CD on it down is just too important, same way you level Janna's shield first.

Personally I've liked Windspeakers a lot more, I don't think going full tank/CoC with him is that great.

I really love him and the ridiculous stunts you can pull off with him. I honestly cannot wait to see him and Xayah in pro-play because that's going to be fun.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you know what blows my mind. after building a new computer since my 16 year old computer that i only upgraded once in 2008 finally died on me, i have the ability to play the game at higher than single digit frame rates, and i keep getting thrown off constantly since i am used to accounting for lag and terrible frame rates, and now i am always like 50-60milliseconds too soon for doing stuff, and now i have to relearn all of my muscle memory about this game

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Sorry I didn't play with you Keeby but I need to carry another game. Rawr.

You've always been The SA Udyr Guy, how are you skilling, building, and pathing him these days?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he just got buffed, I'm not impressed.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

mistaya posted:

Been playing a lot more Rakan, I'm really coming around to E-max first because without his olly-out available his trading is really difficult, and if you just use the shield on it actively you'll end up preventing more damage than Q's heal (which doesn't scale with levels anyway.) Basically without his E, Rakan can't get into a mixup without getting real dead since he's not naturally tanky enough to just frontline, and it's also his main support tool. So getting the CD on it down is just too important, same way you level Janna's shield first.

Personally I've liked Windspeakers a lot more, I don't think going full tank/CoC with him is that great.

I really love him and the ridiculous stunts you can pull off with him. I honestly cannot wait to see him and Xayah in pro-play because that's going to be fun.

There's only one Master-tier player on Rakan that I know of, and he skills three points in W before maxing E. He builds Mobis-Eye-Ardent Censor/Athenes. I tried it and it seems good, but I hate Mobis on him a lot. And it seems like he uses MR quints (?!?!) to make up for the squishiness in lane

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=v%C3%ACncent

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tired Moritz posted:

he just got buffed, I'm not impressed.
It wasn't an across-the-board buff.

Tiger changes:
  • Better early game thanks to the 3-hit passive, which is superior to the old +15% AD on-hit
  • Stronger self-synergy: thanks to the consumption effect, you no longer have to worry about refreshing the Tiger dot and losing damage
  • Worse late-game for non-damage builds: -80 damage at Rank 5 means that builds that bruiser-y builds are not as threatening
  • Stronger late-game for damage-centric builds: Being able to re-trigger the bleed on damage heavy builds is a net buff over +15% AD on-hit (assuming you can hit 3 times)

Turtle Changes:
  • Early-game impact largely unchanged. (Slight increase in early game healing when compared to old Lifesteal)
  • Stronger late-game on tank/bruiser builds: large HP pool means the heal is larger relative to the old lifesteal component
  • Worse late-game on damage-centric builds: Flat %HP heal means the stance is far worse for AD heavy builds
Beyond this, the Turtle changes make the skill feel wholly underwhelming as +35 shield value is the only thing ranks do (where Tiger gives base damage, attack speed, and ratio, for example).

General Stance Changes:
The change from ranked mana cost to flat mana cost based on level is a buff starting around level 5 on-ward.

Not telling you to be impressed, just letting you know that the tweaks were not universally buffs.

Schiavona posted:

You've always been The SA Udyr Guy, how are you skilling, building, and pathing him these days?
Depends on what I'm running up against. Typically Warrior + Swifties, into whatever I need. Triforce if I'm ahead, tank if I'm not. Death's Dance is particularly hilarious on him if you get quite ahead (it also lets you solo baron pretty effortlessly).

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

kingcobweb posted:

There's only one Master-tier player on Rakan that I know of, and he skills three points in W before maxing E. He builds Mobis-Eye-Ardent Censor/Athenes. I tried it and it seems good, but I hate Mobis on him a lot. And it seems like he uses MR quints (?!?!) to make up for the squishiness in lane

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=v%C3%ACncent

That seems like it would work really well TBH. I've built censer a few times on him and I like it, I am just finding it hard to justify not picking up a Redemption unless we've got an Ivern who's going to build it anyway, and that takes a good chunk of the midgame.

Mobis would be great if I could roam but down in poo poo tier leaving lane as a support is basically giving your opposing botlane a free kill 100% of the time so I'd rather have mercs for the MR.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Why did Morgana support fall out of favour? Hardly see it anymore unless I'm the one busting it out. You can build Redemption/Locket on her and that snare is still nasty.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Why did Morgana support fall out of favour? Hardly see it anymore unless I'm the one busting it out. You can build Redemption/Locket on her and that snare is still nasty.

She's just kind of limited and not that strong in trades.. She's still good at assisting/disengaging a gank, but she gets outtraded by a lot of lanes and the long cooldown on Black Shield leaves a lot of room to reengage if you don't play safe when it's down.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

She sucks in 2v2 like a lot of the other supports that aren't played and her roaming is pretty weak. Only strictly good into stuff like Thresh and Braum.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sucks in 2v2 is wrong imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

More supports came out that had a lot better versatility than she had and then champions like Nami finally got buffed. By support standards she's just a bit dated.

She's also not particularly a hard counter to any common supports right now other than Thresh/Blitz and will get heavily out-traded against Zyra or Karma

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
There's nothing wrong with Morgana, it's just that there's been the introduction of a new support, the huge resurgence of Lulu, and buffs to Bard.

Looking over her matchups, it doesn't help that she really struggles against practically every other mage/utility support in the game (Sona, Zyra, Soraka, Karma, Janna, Lulu), but that's nothing really new other than the meta is more toward those champs than it used to be. If you're a support player that's really good at hitting her Q, I don't know why you wouldn't play Blitz instead, unless you're laning against him. But overall, she's an average support in pretty much every way.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Still not shutting up about Rakan because I've been playing no other champions:

One mistake I found myself making on him was engaging fights with W -> R, running around their entire team, and then getting out and then my team is like "oh poo poo it's on" but the charms have all worn off by then. Unless you're making a quick pick with a huge numbers advantage and your squad is right there, you basically have to bait with W -> E, maybe even more than once, to start a real fight; then you can run around with R and gently caress people up.

Also it's really unfortunate that charm comes with that massive slow on it, because his R is basically a stylized chain-stun instead of some cool thing where you can get people to follow you Pied Piper style :(

edit: One Weird Trick I found is that, compared to other supports where you have to wait to pop level two and then go in, Rakan can start the engage sliiightly earlier than that, because you can engage with W, then level E, and get out. I'm still in norms-playing mode with him, but I've won about 75% of lanes lately once I figured out how to play aggressively without dying.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 30, 2017

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

A competent Morgana destroys Rakan in lane so there's that. She's a good champion that I've been playing more lately as a counter. My main issue with her is she has no sustain or damage-soak for her ADC, so unless you trust that guy to not take six headshots in as many seconds, it's hard to justify playing her. Basically Morgana is a good counterpick into hook lanes and run-at-mans comps, (Rakan, Lee sin) and she really punishes the shorter range ADCs. But she's not a generalist pick and you will just end up losing via attrition to lanes with decent sustain.

Post laning she's great for making picks, and fair at team-fighting, but struggles if there's a lot of AOE damage she can't avoid.

Re; Rakan, Doing an ult-dash into 5 is actually not that good most of the time since even though you get them all it has SUCH a short duration. I find doing a flash-ult into knockup is far more reliable and wins teamfights more often than knockup into ult combos.

What is cool about his ult is since it's proximity you can catch Master Yi, Katarina, and Zed as they come out of their blinks before they can do any damage by just ulting and standing on their target, then chain that into the knockup combo. Which is plenty of time for your team to delete them utterly while they stand there CC'd. It's REALLY good.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

mistaya posted:

A competent Morgana destroys Rakan in lane so there's that.

So do a lot of other supports

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

because your piece of poo poo pubby morgana cant hit binding, which even if he did wouldnt be as good as blitz hook, and he doesn't ever know when or how to use black shield

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Sucks in 2v2 is wrong imo

She has a 450 auto range and super long cds and pool is completely useless/detrimental for duo lanes. Her laning is bad.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

because your piece of poo poo pubby morgana cant hit binding, which even if he did wouldnt be as good as blitz hook, and he doesn't ever know when or how to use black shield

spam w on cooldown to shove the lane and deny cs to your adc, then back to refill your mana so you can do it again, also run teleport ghost to facilitate this

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I need TP for my botlane

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

I need TP for my botlane

Good times, good times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWOog0B37U8

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

just a friendly PSA from your pal goku, if you run into legendary league of legends player "gokusamadesu" playing his signature heimerdinger, and he places down his signature turrets, and you are playing anybody else on the team:

you may think you are increasing the damage dealt by the turrets by leading the enemies away from the turrets that i have placed down, but actually, the turrets do not heal the enemy champions. in fact, they even do the opposite. one could even go so far as to say that leading the enemies away from the turrets is beneficial to them. you loving morons.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
an good morgana ult still win games though.

if only people actually flash r zhonyas, right

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Work Friend Keven posted:

I need TP for my botlane
Cornholio fiddlesticks skin, make it happen.

http://plays.tv/video/590581b1bd29177cc4/here-lies-red-team-they-never-scored

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The best thing about Rakan is that he looks so slick that it always looks like you know what you're doing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think I like the tanky build for Rakan. Put some points in Q early ad then go E and Q and W.

also Viktor sucks.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Oh god I hope that's for real. Being unable to hide from your lovely, lovely behavior is hilarious.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sounds more like someone using an emote command to convince others to dodge for him.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah it looks like someone figured out how to access colored commands. Riot would never say "please dodge".

The grammar and punctuation mistakes also kinda give it away, but I'd use it if I could.

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 30, 2017

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I'm seeing a lot of gold borders in my silver games, and I'm not near promotion -- did the ranked percentiles get tighter this season?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah it looks like someone figured out how to access colored commands. Riot would never say "please dodge".

The grammar and punctuation mistakes also kinda give it away, but I'd use it if I could.

It's the /me command, like in IRC

/me types words in gold text

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If they're gold borders, they're probably still silver like you and haven't climbed as far as they can yet.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk it did came pretty immediately. the dude said that it kept happening to him in games V()V

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched a video by YouTube Anklespankin which featured full tank karma top, and I've tried it out in a few games and it's really fun.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Teikanmi posted:

If they're gold borders, they're probably still silver like you and haven't climbed as far as they can yet.
https://na.op.gg/statistics/tier/ says that gold 5 is top 27.5 percent, or 72.5 percentile

This reddit thread says that 2 seasons ago it was 66.8 percentile, roughly where Silver 1 is now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2lzre9/percentile_rankings_by_division_seasons_end/

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShadowHawk posted:

https://na.op.gg/statistics/tier/ says that gold 5 is top 27.5 percent, or 72.5 percentile

This reddit thread says that 2 seasons ago it was 66.8 percentile, roughly where Silver 1 is now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2lzre9/percentile_rankings_by_division_seasons_end/

I am gold 5 (again) trash, this cannot be true.

For gently caress sake, I miss point-blank skillshots by shooting them literally backward.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this is obviously fake but it seems very believable because the person in question is playing riven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

idk it did came pretty immediately. the dude said that it kept happening to him in games V()V
He can just ctrl-v in, man, it's totally fake. Riot are planning to remove that function at some point soon though.

• Locked thread