Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It needs to be scrapped. The quality of umpiring is just nowhere near good enough to have it.

Also: any rule based on intent is really hard to enforce. That's why there's a tribunal to determine whether a bloke really meant it when he punched a dude in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
This game is a trainwreck

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Rocket had good thoughts about delib this morning, said if opp player is close enough to keep ball in and elects not to, delib shouldn't be called. I think that's the point that's been most frustrating.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Glad I decided this was the week I give myself a break from actually going this game is pathetic

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Vince is done

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How the gently caress does Bernie Vince still get played in the back line when he loving turns it over to an unmanned opponent every second loving kick Jesus loving Christ you fuckwit

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Who is that skinny essendon kid who looks about 12 years old

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress off Melksham you've shown nothing in six rounds and if Goodwin didn't feel sorry for you you'd be at Casey

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

HE PLAYED ON YOU STUPID loving FLURO oval office

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Joe Daniher has paid off the umps, terrible call

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Punch the ball away long after player takes a mark, no 50. Tackle a player who is loving running sideways and forwards of the mark, 50. Get hosed you moronic oval office

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

AFLs rules are broken and the umpires are shocking at interpreting even the simplest of rules. It's ruining the game and gets worse every year.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Fucks sake Joe just give it to Fantasia he knows what to do with the loving ball. Essendon not much better though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

He loving handballed that you loving oval office go neck yourself

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'd wonder how we'd go if we just went to a "any out-of-bounds is a free kick against whoever last touched it" rule instead of this half-baked Minority Report crap. Although that would present a dramatic shift in tactics, of course.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Daniher can't hit the side of a barn door but marks it deep in the pocket and thinks "I got this"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

HOW THE gently caress IS IT NOT DELIBERATE WHEN HIS TARGET IS STANDING TWO METRES OVER THE LINE

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'd wonder how we'd go if we just went to a "any out-of-bounds is a free kick against whoever last touched it" rule instead of this half-baked Minority Report crap. Although that would present a dramatic shift in tactics, of course.

I think we should go any out of bounds is a throw in, personally

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Apparently handballing while being tackled is holding the ball too

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

realbez posted:

I think we should go any out of bounds is a throw in, personally
Yeah but then we'd go back to tactical boundaries, which is why the OOB on the full was brought in in the early 70s anyway.

EDIT: Maybe if the ball is kicked out or handballed out and isn't touched, it's a free, otherwise, throw-in, (for instance if it spills out of a pack or someone muffs a mark or has it spoiled). We basically have to take the arbitrariness out of the decision without it being too exploitable.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 30, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah. Any out of bounds that isn't on the full I mean.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Windmill Hut posted:

Vince is done

I don't think he's done but with Lewis coming in you have to wonder why we are persisting with him in the back line rather than sticking him back in the middle where his rough edges aren't as punishing

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TG-Chrono posted:

Rocket had good thoughts about delib this morning, said if opp player is close enough to keep ball in and elects not to, delib shouldn't be called. I think that's the point that's been most frustrating.

Yeah, basically it can't be delib if an opponent just lets it roll over while being close enough. The other is them just punishing poo poo kicks where it doesn't go where it was supposed to go.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Frost with the pace!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Haha Daniher

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Why the gently caress does Daniher get another shot for being a loving incompetent piece of poo poo

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Anyone able to provide a link to a dodgy stream of the Bombers Dons game?
Whatever happened to AFLDude?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why the gently caress does Daniher get another shot for being a loving incompetent piece of poo poo

What was that even about? Nobody could understand it here

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

What was that even about? Nobody could understand it here

It's about the umpires being a pack of cheating loving cunts

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

These jumpers are piss. Garletts really lifted his defensive work this year in the absence of Kent

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
The most Essendon vs Melbourne of Essendon vs Melbourne games

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

The most Essendon vs Melbourne of Essendon vs Melbourne games

Idk, there was one back in the neeld days, I think it was wet, and neither team could even pick up the ball for the entire match.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Umpires bad.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

These jumpers are piss.

Was hoping wed be wearing the superman cape away jumpers instead today

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Umpires bad.

Yeah they're poo poo. But I'll take it given all the poo poo we have copped from them earlier

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Idk, there was one back in the neeld days, I think it was wet, and neither team could even pick up the ball for the entire match.

True, I guess I more mean this is more exactly what you'd expect. Both teams daring each other to be worse. I think 2013 is the only blemish on that record in recent memory.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

True, I guess I more mean this is more exactly what you'd expect. Both teams daring each other to be worse. I think 2013 is the only blemish on that record in recent memory.

Yeah there was a four year stretch where the worst team for the year won almost every single time

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Turning it off after that soft Watts free. Doing my assignment surely has to be more entertaining than watching this shitfest.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Baguley is not a smart player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shocked that we didn't conceive a way to leak a goal in the last minute

• Locked thread