Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I believe Saiyans had a big culture of femdom, and thus he took to the idea very quickly

Saiyans actually just do it and leave, male or female, outside of the Royal family, that's why Vegeta actually is a good Husband and Goku is apparently a huge rear end in a top hat to ChiChi -- besides the fact that Toriyama hates her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Dabura's pretty powerful. But this move is actually a fairly broken power.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Looks like Piccolo should have DODGED!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

TwoPair posted:

Hey legit question about DBZ/DBS, why does Goku never teach anyone else Instant Transmission? Like, Goku's an idiot so clearly he'd never think to offer, but it's so fuckin' nifty, surely someone wants to learn.

pretty sure instant transmission is author bs, like loving Beerus has to piggyback on Whis to get around

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crabtree posted:

Saiyans actually just do it and leave, male or female, outside of the Royal family, that's why Vegeta actually is a good Husband and Goku is apparently a huge rear end in a top hat to ChiChi -- besides the fact that Toriyama hates her.

Bardock and his wife Gine had a very loving relationship (aside from producing Radtiz).

Basically Goku is Grandpa Gohan's fault.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gruckles posted:

Would've been cool if you warned everyone about the move that makes Dabura a deadly foe regardless of power level, Shin.

Oh god I can't wait until they show this in Future Trunks' timeline.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crabtree posted:

I'm going to call death of the author here and blame goku on his severe head trauma as a child

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Polygynous posted:

pretty sure instant transmission is author bs, like loving Beerus has to piggyback on Whis to get around

Whis moves a lot drat faster than Instant transmission, which I'm nearly 100% certain is described as "speed of light" at one point or another.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

Bardock and his wife Gine had a very loving relationship (aside from producing Radtiz).

Basically Goku is Grandpa Gohan's fault.

If Goku was actually raised by Gine and Bardock maybe, but he was just grown in a pod and launched into space. Raditz probably had more social understanding than Goku, and all he learned from Gohan is to try to be nice to girls - for some reason - before those lessons were cut short by Goku killing him as a giant ape.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Strobe posted:

Whis moves a lot drat faster than Instant transmission, which I'm nearly 100% certain is described as "speed of light" at one point or another.

Whis goes at the speed of Map.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Strobe posted:

eh, no idea. "instant" would seem to imply otherwise and Goku seems to just zip all over the place with it. :shrug:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Let's be clear, Whis is like the most powerful being ever and he pals around with Beerus because he just wants to have fun.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"They're not moving!"

That's because they're stone, you fool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hey Vegeta, can you get your "Make situation 1,000% worse out of pride" thing out of the way early this arc?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I remember playing this rpg, I think.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Strobe posted:

Goku's waaaay faster than Whis, as long as he has a power to transport to. The Yardratians have abilities gods don't... somehow.

Supreme Kai has a better Instant Transmission than Goku though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Whis has powers beyond silly teleportation.

Powers like "lol what is time?"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Momomo posted:

Goku's waaaay faster than Whis, as long as he has a power to transport to. The Yardratians have abilities gods don't... somehow.

Supreme Kai has a better Instant Transmission than Goku though.

What basis do you have for any of this

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

quote:

this is dumb

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I never got to the Buu arc in Xenoverse, was this idiot in the game? I mean, if loving Appule is in the game, this guy's gotta be in, right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This Pui Pui due is weaker then Freiza.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Like goku knows instant transmission, fine, that's not to say whis doesn't but even assuming he doesn't he can obviously react instantly to it or goku would have hosed up whis

I don't even know what "better" instant transmission means

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

I never got to the Buu arc in Xenoverse, was this idiot in the game? I mean, if loving Appule is in the game, this guy's gotta be in, right?

Pretty much no Buu arc characters besides Buu himself show up in Xenoverse.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

What basis do you have for any of this

Both are technically spoilers I guess, but we see it happen in Super and I think late Buu saga.

edit: I meant Goku's instant transmission gets him places faster than Whis' travel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The only thing better than going somewhere instantly is going there a minute ago. Retrospective Transmission.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They learned much from the Ginyu Force.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
it means it works as the plot demands, obviously

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shut up Shin.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Pui Pui is a loving child

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Rhonne posted:

Shut up Shin.

Shin hasn't been watching the show, apparently.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
"Stop yammering and throw a punch"

"gently caress him up vegeta"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
i think pui pui is gonna win

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
lol so we have to wait a week for pui pui to job out?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I wish DBZ had been even a little bit cheeky and subversive when it comes to poo poo like this. It'd have been hilarious to have the ED music start playing when Pui Pui launches his attack, have the narrator start going on, and then have Vegeta blow him the gently caress away before he finishes a sentence. Record scratch. Narrator starts over.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lol so we have to wait a week for pui pui to job out?

I think they take him and the next one out in one episode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Think Bellamy vs. Luffy at Jaya.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HOLY loving poo poo THAT PREVIEW

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

OH YEAH!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
loving bulma rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

loving bulma rules

Bulma is great in super. One ending even focuses on her.

• Locked thread