Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The spine is on-model with the current design and thus forgivable, but those extra wide hips and the neck that goes so far lower than the shoulders is just plain strange for an animator to screw up that badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Nah, I mean the positioning of the spine to where it looks like it juts the rib cage out awkwardly. The curve itself is fine, but the angle makes her look off-balance.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ashi's supposed to be this weird, lithe, spidery thing at first, so her model design makes sense in that regard. Once she trades it in for a Paladin sword her leaf gear, though, that kind of goes out the window, so. So idk :shobon:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Sentient Data posted:

but those extra wide hips

Sorry, I think you meant

E X T R A T H I C C

We have to remember where the series came from, after all. Aku ordering delivery.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, how did I not learn until today that Gennedy actually did a Luke Cage comic?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So Scatman's sole purpose right now is to galvanize Aku into seeking the final confrontation if he learns Jack doesn't have the sword. Which may be the final episode at this point. I can even see Jack almost not even having the sword or even Ashi pretending to be him until right at the end, leading to an accidental defeat and death of Aku. I mean, next episode will likely end with him bringing the sword, but it'd be amazing if they made Aku's fall absolutely hilarious and unintended on Jack's part. Just to hear him try to figure out "how...why?!" in a great big final Aku rant.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Scaramouch's second purpose is being a faint ray of comic relief trying to lighten the mood when the topic is shame-induced ritual suicide.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also they want to get all the mileage they can out of Tom Kenny.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I rewatched episodes 1 and 2, and they were still super engaging and at times nail biting even though I had already watched them like 2 times each before. That is the mark of some phenomenal story telling. However the continuity of Jack's armor boots was absolutely shameful, he loses them, then he's wearing them, then he loses them again. loving pathetic, 0/10 get this trash off the air

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
don't even get me loving started on continuity errors there kid
8 sisters aerial shot in the tomb?!
Second sister to die throws a sai that impales a bird and then drops two when Jack ganks her?!?
That entire fightscene had just stupid choreography but poo poo I haven't achieved poo poo in my life so I can say poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jack really should've learned to class change to warlock in those decades we didn't see.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

don't even get me loving started on continuity errors there kid
8 sisters aerial shot in the tomb?!
Second sister to die throws a sai that impales a bird and then drops two when Jack ganks her?!?
That entire fightscene had just stupid choreography but poo poo I haven't achieved poo poo in my life so I can say poo poo

The sisters are ninjas, one of them knows the shadow clone duh

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
and you bet that after Jack's intro where he shish-kebabs two of them instantly morale is probably low and they are freakin out.

Like I can easily see their training skip over how to stay calm there because they have never been taught to lose.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
oh yeah I wish we got to see the 'oh poo poo' looks on their stupid faces when they died
Anyway the thread is quiet is there not an episode tonight or something??

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Goats confirmed. We have goats.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like the little goats.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
nooo not the goats :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bobjr posted:

I like the little goats.

welp.

hope you didn't like 'em too much. :stare:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
drat this is good yin and yang going on here

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ashi = Good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jack's back.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I mostly liked this one but it felt like it went a little too fast at the end.

The more this goes on the more I feel like the biggest problem was that this needed more than 10 episodes to air out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bobjr posted:

Jack's back.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Blue Jack became Red Jack.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

bobjr posted:

Jack's back.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This show's been very Final Fantasy IV the past few weeks. This is a good thing.

Also, whoever called Jack getting his sword back via the Gods, collect your reward.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man I really wish this had even gotta 13 or 14 episodes instead of just 10.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Mom fight probably needed some more action, but we only have two more episodes left. Sacrifices must be made with the short time frame of WE'RE DOING THIS IN 10. And it looks like other Jack was indeed Mad Jack as he gets banished by Jack noticing he's too irrational again and once the last time portal is destroyed, he lashes out in a crazy fashion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crabtree posted:

Mom fight probably needed some more action, but we only have two more episodes left. Sacrifices must be made with the short time frame of WE'RE DOING THIS IN 10. And it looks like other Jack was indeed Mad Jack as he gets banished by Jack noticing he's too irrational again and once the last time portal is destroyed, he lashes out in a crazy fashion.

His frustration made him kill innocents instead of fighting to save them as he usually does. That's what did it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Ashi picking up a soldier and taking out half the army by pushing him is one of the most idiotic things I've seen in the show.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Ashi picking up a soldier and taking out half the army by pushing him is one of the most idiotic things I've seen in the show.

Dear Gendy, have you ever played Dynasty Warriors.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Admittedly not as stupid as the farting dragon.

But either way, it's nice to see Jack back in his old costume. Though I admit I did like the bearded look.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 30, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Need a gif of Jack smiling as he's falling through the portal and Aku's arm grabbing him back out.

Eye laser haircut and shave! Free clothes too!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFxRXCG73M&t=4s

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
It took Demongo 50 years to gather enough souls back to be a potential threat.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Who wants to take bets that that horrific screeching in the episode preview is The Scotsman's Ghost bagpipes .

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Jesus Christ Ashi fights like a loving freight train. :stare:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The jump between Jack's tea making and Ashi's murder spree was really well done.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Need a gif of Jack smiling as he's falling through the portal and Aku's arm grabbing him back out.

Eye laser haircut and shave! Free clothes too!

He looked so happy

And yeah this show needed at least 5 more eps. But I guess there wasnt enough budget to go that far on this level of quality.
At least I hope thats the explanstion and not that they decided 10 was enough.

Also Ashi tearing through the army was really cool to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Top Ten Anime Power-ups.

• Locked thread