Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

3 players in Goon Cup atm, come play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Mine doesn't get here until stupid Wednesday. So jealous.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well this is unfortunate. I can never connect to other players when I try to go on line in MK8D. :( I get the same error code too.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

are there any ebay or best buy or whatever deals on eshop cards? I wanna get mk8 and if i can save a little bit, even better!

Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked is $30 for 2 years and gets you 20% off games (unlike Prime, they don't have to be new releases.) if you plan on buying 3 games in the next 2 years, it's worth it and pays for itself.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
The worst change in MK8D is that it no longer shows the state/province of players in multiplayer lobbies. I need people to see how badly they get beat by the state of New Hampshire.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just spent 4 hours playing MK8D with some friends online, feeling pretty good. Thanks Switch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I wish I spent the last 4 hours playing the switch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

"new nintendo online service free until fall 2017"

:colbert: what the poo poo is this.

God damnit Microsoft you ruined online play for everybody. First Sony now Nintendo.

Well at the very least if I'm gonna pay for online in 2018 it better work. Nintendo needs to learn how to internet.

It's a question of upkeep really. The Wii didn't have much in the way of dedicated online (and the job was farmed out to GameSpy's servers :rip:), the WiiU had all of maybe two or three games with an online scene (Mario Kart, Splatoon and uh.... Devil's Thirphhhahahahahaha). Going for a console that theoretically can take some third-party online games, along with Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, ARMS or whatever else pops out in its lifespan would actually justify some upkeep costs. Nevermind voice chat across it all. They should really bundle the Pokemon Bank fee into it though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Got Mario Kart

Figured I'd have a test race on the first cup on 50cc

On the last lap I was so far ahead I got hit by three red shells, two blue shells and two lightnings.

Still won, but lol never change MK

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Xbox Live has always been good. PSN was poo poo until they started charging money. Nintendo's previous free online offerings have been bad... maybe there's a pattern?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

3 players in Goon Cup atm, come play.

I'll come in.:thumbsup:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Chemmy posted:

Xbox Live has always been good. PSN was poo poo until they started charging money. Nintendo's previous free online offerings have been bad... maybe there's a pattern?

PSN is still awful. The download speeds are deplorable and the connectivity with other players is nowhere near as good as Microsoft's.

Not to mention they don't host any servers of their own like XBL does and basically just charge to use your own internet connection. PSN is nowhere near as good as it should be. The PS+ rewards have also gotten a lot worse as time has gone one.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Not usually a framrate whore. But MK is so drat smooth that dropping to 30 in multiplayer feels noticeably worse.

Also its odd having the item wheel spinning silky smooth.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

PSN is still awful. The download speeds are deplorable and the connectivity with other players is nowhere near as good as Microsoft's.

Not to mention they don't host any servers of their own like XBL does and basically just charge to use your own internet connection. PSN is nowhere near as good as it should be. The PS+ rewards have also gotten a lot worse as time has gone one.

Sony killed razorsaws dad.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I own a PS4, but sure, okay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats how they got in the house

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what are you trying to say here, exactly?

If you're trying to accuse me of some kind of bias, I complained about issues with my online experience of the Switch several posts up.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Second day of Japan Invitational ARMS tournament happening right now if anyone is interested: http://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv295553401

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TFRazorsaw posted:

what are you trying to say here, exactly?

If you're trying to accuse me of some kind of bias, I complained about issues with my online experience of the Switch several posts up.

🙄

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Whatever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Second day of Japan Invitational ARMS tournament happening right now if anyone is interested: http://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv295553401

just a minor thing, but I love the Brazil/Carnival-esque flavour of the ARMS BGM.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Someone try to do online multiplayer on a flight, like an LA to NY trip, with two people playing split screen using the split joy cons. That would be some next level poo poo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mario Kart 8 is still really good but I really wish they made some new tracks, I'm surprised how much the current ones are still burned into my muscle memory despite not having played it in a while.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Natron posted:

Mine doesn't get here until stupid Wednesday. So jealous.

If it makes you feel better, I'm sick as a dog so I can barely enjoy it :smith: (Although MK8 in bed is pretty great)

Also dig your Mission Hill av :)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I had written this game off, but it may actually be pretty fun?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

I had written this game off, but it may actually be pretty fun?

Yeah it seems like nintendo is serious about it as a big thing to push.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/edgeonline/status/857519696190603265

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh no now the Switch is dead

Thanks ARMSbama

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

nice meltdown

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Tumbleseed looks real good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tender Bender posted:

Mario Kart 8 is still really good but I really wish they made some new tracks, I'm surprised how much the current ones are still burned into my muscle memory despite not having played it in a while.

They're going to be making DLC for the game, there's no way they aren't. I forget what Mii outfits were in the Wii U version but having the Sonic and Megaman outfits in MK8DX make me hopeful for Megaman and Sonic-themed DLC, among others.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I would buy the poo poo out of Mega Man DLC for MK8.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm still mad they dropped Zelda and AC stuff in Mario Kart before Kirby.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

king dedede on the track would be pretty unstoppable

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

bayonetta dlc when

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

alf_pogs posted:

king dedede on the track would be pretty unstoppable

He could get his hammer out during tricks :gerty:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to race in one of the towns from Earthbound.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Metroid dlc when

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Chemmy posted:

Live has had consecutive months of barely functioning network, especially after Xbone release, you also needed Gold to even watch any streaming service for the longest time.
You get freaking charged for the privilege of P2P multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Man watching some of those matches from the ARMS tournament. I was hoping getting it at release would give me an even playing field with everyone else as a new fighting game but these people are pulling off poo poo I can't even keep track of after just two play sessions. This must be what being Krillen is like in Dragon Ball Z

• Locked thread