Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

sparkmaster posted:

I don't think we really lost all that much as far as capabilities go. The SK60 was practically useless, and the Su-25 was useful but only in limited circumstances (and it seemed like 1/4th of their Vikhrs malfunctioned). The F-4s hurt, but we still have 6 of them, and their usefulness so far has been limited to being bomb trucks (AIM-120B's suck, apparently). We still have our tankers, our EWAR, and our AEW. We're still 90% combat effective. The dictator can't say this after that debacle in the air.

I think this is actually mostly true. The main issue is that our margins have shrunk. That mess of Migs would have been a disaster if Rohan hadn't rolled like she did, and unexpected threats on expected axis cannot be accounted for with no reserve on our part.

Clearly we need a large number of various and diverse additional 3rd generation jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Where can we find a billion F5s.

F20s would be better but they only made 3.

I gotta be an indentured airline pilot properly, goddamnit, and we need cannon fodder jets.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I can't wait to see the reddit brigade's response to this.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Night10194 posted:

I gotta be an indentured airline pilot properly, goddamnit, and we need cannon fodder jets.

NewMars posted:

I can't wait to see the reddit brigade's response to this.

I am Super Interested in what our ground forces have been doing, surely the thunderdome couldn't have lasted for our entire Angolan Campaign in game time... can it?

I really want to be the guy who stole a jet from neoliberals.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Thunderdome is still going on, its finals season so it slowed down quite a bit.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

glynnenstein posted:

I think this is actually mostly true. The main issue is that our margins have shrunk. That mess of Migs would have been a disaster if Rohan hadn't rolled like she did, and unexpected threats on expected axis cannot be accounted for with no reserve on our part.

Clearly we need a large number of various and diverse additional 3rd generation jets.

As much as I would like three full squadrons of MiG-21s for maximum delta wing, I think our money would be better spent getting more modern fighters. As I said before, Gripen Fs can carry 6 Meteors, and we're the best flying advertisement for Saab ever. I'm sure they would part with some of their cutting edge fighters in exchange for their use of our gun camera footage in their next marketing campaign.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Telsa Cola posted:

Thunderdome is still going on, its finals season so it slowed down quite a bit.

So they really won't be doing anything ingame at all until the thunderdome is completed? No matter how long it takes out of game?

edit: not to rush you or anything, just for clarification. Don't not-study!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Night10194 posted:

BS, I'm sure we can find Tigersharks...somewhere. This is Alt-Hist land, remember?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Groggy nard posted:

I am Super Interested in what our ground forces have been doing,

Cracking eachother in the ribs with 2x4s and chairs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Davin Valkri posted:

BS, I'm sure we can find Tigersharks...somewhere. This is Alt-Hist land, remember?

You know, it'd make sense for it to suddenly pop up as an affordable 'starter' PMC fighter. A design that finally found its market.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

A-6Fs, A-12s and F-14E Super Tomcats are also modelled in CMANO. I wonder if we can obtain them here.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Davin Valkri posted:

Sadly not Alt-Hist enough for this though

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Groggy nard posted:

So they really won't be doing anything ingame at all until the thunderdome is completed? No matter how long it takes out of game?

edit: not to rush you or anything, just for clarification. Don't not-study!

For clarification, I am not the one running it, but that seems to be the way of it. As it is Im not sure the ground mercs will have a presence at all in Angolia during the air operations.A good way to do future tie ins would be for Phi and Yooper to communicate before Yooper sets up a match and have the the ground mercs shoot for an objective and either succeed or not which Yooper can take into account when he makes the map. But thats a lot of effort and scheduling. But yeah its finals season so it should settle down soon.

The system he is using is insane so honestly I just hope he doesn't burn out. It takes hours to run a few turns basically.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 30, 2017

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dreamsicle posted:

A-6Fs, A-12s and F-14E Super Tomcats are also modelled in CMANO. I wonder if we can obtain them here.

Is there Mirage 4000 in CMANO? K&P could probably get their hands on a couple.

Also, look at it - it's like a Rafale, but even prettier:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Gervasius posted:

Unfortunately, I can't find them in the database.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Davin Valkri posted:

Just need to talk to this guy named Pops McCoy, he can get you drat near anything from ranging toilet paper, warheads, to impounded Iranian F-14s... just be careful when he's offering surplus Sidewinders for $50 each*. He's basically Willie, if Willie was a maybe-maybe-not CIA Agent instead of a mattress salesman.

* He's never sold a missile that wouldn't fire he claims, its out of his hands after that.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm not actually sure the F-20 is in the database.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/3817/

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those sparrows look like just the ticket to make this actually worthwhile for us rather than 'lol throw 20 F5s at 'em, it only costs 1 grippen'

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

sparkmaster posted:

As much as I would like three full squadrons of MiG-21s for maximum delta wing, I think our money would be better spent getting more modern fighters. As I said before, Gripen Fs can carry 6 Meteors, and we're the best flying advertisement for Saab ever. I'm sure they would part with some of their cutting edge fighters in exchange for their use of our gun camera footage in their next marketing campaign.

I will continue to beat the drum for interesting and diverse over best! A find of six F-111s mistakenly diverted and parked on a deserted Telstra property is my dream.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Gervasius posted:

:frogout: The Rafale looks much better

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also the F-20 being cancelled the year of my birth means it's my destiny for a pixelman to die on one of those for me or someshit like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We need these.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Missed the stream, can't wait for the video. (This is going to be bad, isn't it? :ohdear:)

Any chance of getting some Harriers, Avro Vulcans or JA37 Viggens for the goon flying circus?
(There's even an EW version of the JA37, for maximum weirdness.)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I saw a mountain of replies to the thread, an whole unch of spoilered stuff...oh god, what happened? Did the Bulgarians break through? I know we've apparently lost some planes - did they take out our support elements? Are we pulling out of the theatre? :ohdear:

On the more positive side, I'm interested in this talk of tiger sharks, and not just because I'm a plane hipster.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Yvonmukluk posted:

I saw a mountain of replies to the thread, an whole unch of spoilered stuff...oh god, what happened? Did the Bulgarians break through? I know we've apparently lost some planes - did they take out our support elements? Are we pulling out of the theatre? :ohdear:

On the more positive side, I'm interested in this talk of tiger sharks, and not just because I'm a plane hipster.

You can watch the unedited stream thing here if you absolutely cannot wait. https://youtu.be/UqS1V_jeknI

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I am still waiting for the edited video as I missed the stream, but tell me: Was Nurse and Beguiler shot down? Spoil the answer if you want.
Inquiring minds need to know.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Wow, dat mission.

Consider me completely impressed.

Amazing LP and an insane highlight of anything I have ever seen on the Internet.

So many deaths.. So many deaths.. Also, I vote that if we find /that/ last pilot ejected we hire him on the spot to train our pilots because JEEZE.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm on board with buying a swarm of F-20s to replace our SK60s because it seems less fun to have our swarm of dudes limited to rocket attacks instead of buzzing around firing Mavericks and Sparrows at things

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Doesn't Twitch save old streams for folks who can't wait?

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
That was loving beautiful! Somebody really needs to make a poster for the inevitable movie and/or video game based on this operation.
When that AWACS showed up I thought that things would become the wrong kind of interesting, but then Rohan casually Meteored it from across the map..
Silent Bob :ohdear:

Really looking forward to Dos Santos' Twitter meltdown.

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 30, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I wouldn't want to buy the tigershark to be honest, sparrows are kinda bad. However, if we want an sk60 replacement, why not the harrier?

Look at all these brimstones

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1097

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Quinntan posted:

I wouldn't want to buy the tigershark to be honest, sparrows are kinda bad. However, if we want an sk60 replacement, why not the harrier?

Look at all these brimstones

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1097

Seconding this, Harriers are far more interesting and could replace both the Hawks and the Sk60s.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Friends don't let friends fly Harriers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vando posted:

I think the nature of the relationship was already established when we gave them SK60s.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

PenguinSalsa posted:

Seconding this, Harriers are far more interesting and could replace both the Hawks and the Sk60s.

Hawk singular, we lost it the first time we went full basil the bulgar slayer.

Edit

Vando posted:

Think of all the wacky basing we can come up with what with them being vtol!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Op Impacts Below, I'll do a big update later on.

First off, MI-8's picked up our downed Phantom pilots. The 5th regiment found Tapco and Rock, Paper, and Fungus. Unfortunately Silent Bob did not survive his ejection from his Rafale. At the moment Rohan is inconsolable.

The Bulgarians fled shortly after and reinforced the coastal corridor in the West. The 19th Regiment advanced quickly filling up Toyotas and Ford Econovans at civilian gas stations until they finally couldn't go any further. But the huge gains came from Mbeke's Rangers in the east. Once the armor threat was done his infantry advanced cautiously and realized that there were no Angolan government forces to halt them. The Dictator pulled his troops back. Right now they are still probing the extents but three more lithium mines have fallen into our hands. Oh, and a small air strip in the East too. The Free State has also taken advantage of this chaos.

Though now the Dictator has shorter supply lines, air coverage in all areas, and a war chest big enough to choke a goat.

There's a lull in the fighting at the moment and we'll use that time to do a mini procurement phase. All of our vendors have some options for us.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
All right, looks like everything is comming up Millhouse.
The procurement phase is going to be something from the wishes I hear from my fellow aviators.
I would like some more Frogfoots, those Vikhrs cleaned house!

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
After this kind of punishment the Dictator is definitly going to bring out all the big guns though, probably going to hire in a real nasty PMC to deal with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Considering lost aircraft, we made a real profit of $22,945,000 from that mission