Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I've seen Corbyn and Labour at the top of the BBC news app frequently this campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Oh right. Maybe it's tailored like Facebook. I am a Tory oval office apparently

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You can customise it but I think it's more by category than actual articles.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I have to admit I'm confused by this, which is probably poor reporting. How can the terms on which the UK leaves be separated from the relationship it will have afterwards? There's no real point negotiating a deal that says, for example, EU citizens resident in the UK and vice versa will retain their rights for five years while the transition happens if you don't also negotiate what their status will be after those five years. Likewise the UK would be idiots to sign off on a deal saying "The UK will pay off it's debts to the EU and will pay it's contributions for the transitional period" without being able to use that as a bargaining chip for the future relationship.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ratjaculation posted:

BBC news app always seems to have May overage in the top news. Corbyn waaaay down in the politics section

Or have I reached the tin foil gate stage

bring your own pen

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Marx WAS a tit, though

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Miftan posted:

Marx WAS a tit, though

Mods?!?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
no surprise that Diane Abbott is a little too urban for Pissflaps

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Seaside Loafer posted:

Both of those have got bugger all views :(

It looks like they just aren't using Youtube very much. Both are in the hundreds of thousands of views on Facebook, as much as "views" means anything on Facebook. And the one about councils is labelled as a "TV broadcast", so anyone who doesn't leave to put the kettle on fast enough to avoid Jeremy's hypnotic gaze will be ripe for conversion.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Haven't seen the Marr interview yet, but Peston was loving rubbish at holding May to account. Ask a question, nod and smile for ages while she waffles and throws out soundbites, then immediately move on to another topic. Especially egregious with questions like 'why won't you attend debates?' being answered with 'I want to meet ordinary people' and no follow up question about the fact that she hasn't been meeting ordinary people. Disappointing.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

jabby posted:

Haven't seen the Marr interview yet, but Peston was loving rubbish at holding May to account. Ask a question, nod and smile for ages while she waffles and throws out soundbites, then immediately move on to another topic. Especially egregious with questions like 'why won't you attend debates?' being answered with 'I want to meet ordinary people' and no follow up question about the fact that she hasn't been meeting ordinary people. Disappointing.

did he ask her about gay sex? he promised

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The problem with the idea of Diane Abbott being Labour leader is that you're kind of hoping that the rest of the country suddenly stops being racist.
Plus, she has a habit of saying really stupid things.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Angepain posted:

did he ask her about gay sex? he promised
He did and she said it was not a sin, instantly.

Which of course is theologically inaccurate but the right answer for nowadays.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I learned something new about Corbyn today:

"Jeremy Corbyn worked for Iranian state television and spoke at Khomeinist rallies in London. Everywhere he went, he looked a willing collaborator with a regime that flogs and executes gay men, treats women as second-class citizens and imprisons trade unionists.

If Corbyn was questioned on this, which he never is, he might say he does not approve of every aspect of Shia theocracy. But he worked for it, and was paid by it, and never found the courage to speak out on Iranian television for the victims of its oppression. A liberal society that condemns one politician who bothers God, but gives a free pass to another who works for a queer-bashing, queer-killing regime is so lost that it may never find its way home again."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/29/tim-farron-defending-true-liberal-even-if-it-makes-us-queasy

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Sorry I could read that as my screen was filled with receipts for all the weapons and training of intelligence and prison agencies that we sell to Saudi Arabia. Jeremy attends these events primarily as a means of encouraging peace and opposing imperialism, although taking a paid slot on RT is a bit awful.

Also go away you terrible person.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Agh, it's true!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I would vote for a Diane Abbott led Labour Party. I'm not sure I could vote for a Labour Party led by Prison Camps Cooper.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

namesake posted:

Sorry I could read that as my screen was filled with receipts for all the weapons and training of intelligence and prison agencies that we sell to Saudi Arabia. Jeremy attends these events primarily as a means of encouraging peace and opposing imperialism, although taking a paid slot on RT is a bit awful.

Also go away you terrible person.

If I remember correctly the pay he received was purely expenses and mainly consisted of airfare.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

jBrereton posted:

She only thinks it's a sin if it's sixteen and seventeen year olds doing it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

hakimashou posted:

"Jeremy Corbyn worked for Iranian state television and spoke at Khomeinist rallies in London. Everywhere he went, he looked a willing collaborator with a regime that flogs and executes gay men, treats women as second-class citizens and imprisons trade unionists.

If Corbyn was questioned on this, which he never is, he might say he does not approve of every aspect of Shia theocracy. But he worked for it, and was paid by it, and never found the courage to speak out on Iranian television for the victims of its oppression. A liberal society that condemns one politician who bothers God, but gives a free pass to another who works for a queer-bashing, queer-killing regime is so lost that it may never find its way home again."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/29/tim-farron-defending-true-liberal-even-if-it-makes-us-queasy

a) I would've thought you'd love that sort of thing, considering your position is 'well if you don't want to get genocided you should fight harder and have better weapons/training' and

b) loving Nick Cohen, such a pompous rear end in a top hat he still misattributes quotes to Voltaire to sound smart.

e: not to hate on Nick Cohen just for being pretentious, he is also an all around awful human being.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

jBrereton posted:

He didn't ask her however if it's not a sin, and her religion has no impact on her views on homosexuality, then what is her explanation for her voting record on LGBT rights?

loving useless collaborator

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

Who says Corbyn isn't a centrist!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
ten points in a week is good and the gap is now within range of model correction errors like a mobilised youth vote

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Spangly A posted:

ten points in a week is good and the gap is now within range of model correction errors like a mobilised youth vote

I dunno, between the Tories Strong and Stable government and Lib Dems Winning here things look bad for Labour.

kapparomeo
Apr 19, 2011

Some say his extreme-right links are clearly known, even in the fascist capitalist imperialist Murdochist press...

namesake posted:

Jeremy attends these events primarily as a means of encouraging peace and opposing imperialism

Oh look, a wild Useful Idiot running free. I thought we got rid the last of our tankies when Horselord was banned.

Has Corbyn disavowed the Stop The War Coalition for its support of the Russian invasion of Ukraine yet?

kapparomeo fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 30, 2017

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
The Brexit money thing isn't about Britain paying debts, exactly, BTW. It's about Britain continuing to pay the five-year spending commitments it's already signed up to, paying its share of the pensions of EU staff and stuff like that. Basically existing and ongoing obligations.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

kapparomeo posted:

Oh look, a wild Useful Idiot running free. I thought we got rid the last of our tankies when Horselord was banned.

Has Corbyn disavowed the Stop The War Coalition for its support of the Russian invasion of Ukraine yet?

that's a few edits, how hard did you think about this epic burn? asking as a keen student

namesake posted:

I dunno, between the Tories Strong and Stable government and Lib Dems Winning here things look bad for Labour.

tbh this is the most competent I've seen Labour in a while and maybe if they'd done this a year ago we'd have a different picture

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

kapparomeo posted:

Oh look, a wild Useful Idiot running free.

And if there's one thing kapparomeo hates, it's people running free!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Miftan posted:

a) I would've thought you'd love that sort of thing, considering your position is 'well if you don't want to get genocided you should fight harder and have better weapons/training' and

b) loving Nick Cohen, such a pompous rear end in a top hat he still misattributes quotes to Voltaire to sound smart.

e: not to hate on Nick Cohen just for being pretentious, he is also an all around awful human being.

Nick Cohen thinks Voltaire said "lets invade Iraq and free these poor folk from the tyranny of living". Probably.

kapparomeo posted:

Oh look, a wild Useful Idiot running free.

As opposed to you, an entirely useless idiot. How did we lose HorseLord & not the racist, slavery-wasn't-so-bad-and-we-helped-civilised-those-barbarians, Empire apologist still hangs around like an unwanted stench?

kapparomeo
Apr 19, 2011

Some say his extreme-right links are clearly known, even in the fascist capitalist imperialist Murdochist press...

Spangly A posted:

that's a few edits, how hard did you think about this epic burn? asking as a keen student

Tell me, Comrade: even if Russia could do nothing else other than kill thousands of Ukranians because mean ol' NATO made them do it, poor little poppets, few on this thread would challenge the leftist credentials of Green MP Caroline Lucas, and she criticised the Stop the War Coalition and resigned from it over its partisanship on Syria and its celebration and encouragement of the Paris attacks - even her own press release admits it. What's Corbyn's excuse?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

kapparomeo posted:

Tell me, Comrade: even if Russia could do nothing else other than kill thousands of Ukranians because mean ol' NATO made them do it, poor little poppets, few on this thread would challenge the leftist credentials of Green MP Caroline Lucas, and she criticised the Stop the War Coalition and resigned from it over its partisanship on Syria and its celebration and encouragement of the Paris attacks - even her own press release admits it. What's Corbyn's excuse?

He's a bit too busy to care about what the SWP think?

I mean he's either unaware or doesn't give a poo poo and both of those are fine by me

e; never did like acronyms

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Maybe being a member of stop the war sounds good to the 99% of people who don't know all the details of what stop the war thinks and does.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

kapparomeo posted:

Jesus christ shut your loving hole

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

kingturnip posted:

The problem with the idea of Diane Abbott being Labour leader is that you're kind of hoping that the rest of the country suddenly stops being racist.
Plus, she has a habit of saying really stupid things.

Most of the "stupid" things she says are talking about systematic racism and everyone going "haha there's no systematic racism here what an idiot"

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

More significant funding pledges from Corbyn at the NAHT conference.
https://twitter.com/LabourLeft/status/858646453060816898
https://twitter.com/MarkW_AMiE/status/858645632164265986
and the worst poll for Labour since the start of election campaigning
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/858650501138829312
EDIT: Although Labour at 28 is actually up one point rather than unchanged, BritainElects have now corrected.

jabby fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 30, 2017

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

The pro-Assad / pro-Putin contingent of the left, which notably make up most of the SWP and StWC, are as much scum as Nick "The Iraq War was good" Cohen is.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

"white people love playing 'divide and rule'"

"The honest truth is that if this government were to propose the massacre of the first-born, it would still have no difficulty in getting it through the Commons." (during Blair's premiership)

"West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children."

Wow what gaffes these all (all quotes from a Sky News report on how she's a gaffe machine)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Not So Fast posted:

The pro-Assad / pro-Putin contingent of the left, which notably make up most of the SWP and StWC, are as much scum as Nick "The Iraq War was good" Cohen is.

In general I have found very few people who are pro-Assad/Putin in private, most people who are vocally pro-them from the left are putting on a much stronger front in public in order to be contrary/because they don't want to explain nuance every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Wouldn't most mums go to the wall for their children

• Locked thread