Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
After an hour the match has finally been abandoned. Will be interesting to see what action will be taken by the FA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
looks like it could be an interesting final day of the season next weekend

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Now they're un-abandoning the game for the last eight minutes, behind closed doors, because why not.

So the idea was to announce the game was abandoned to get the fans off the pitch, then restart things once they'd gone. Delightfully insidious. As it stands all Orient are doing is passing it among themselves Simpsons style.

https://twitter.com/iainmacintosh/status/858377081218097153

HJB fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 29, 2017

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Good stuff Bristol

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
if Leeds didn't bottle it next week would have been even better

but it is leeds so who gives a poo poo :)

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I'm looking forward to relegation dogfight. All 3 are clubs that shouldn't really be in the third tier but one must go. I'm thinking Forest will be that one.

Got The Hunger Ted
Feb 22, 2007
I really like Tony!
Went to the Fulham vs Brentford game today, the last 30 mins were hard work and clockwatching. However, Fulham should've scored 3/4 and missed plenty of chances, and mnaged to keep Jota and Vibe pretty quiet throughout, so it was pretty positive.

The only team I think would give Fulham a fight in the playoffs is Wednesday, Huddersfield and Reading seem to be contriving new ways to be terrible in the last few games.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

shocked that bristol city won, if we better brighton's result next weekend we'll pip them to title

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Got The Hunger Ted posted:

Went to the Fulham vs Brentford game today, the last 30 mins were hard work and clockwatching. However, Fulham should've scored 3/4 and missed plenty of chances, and mnaged to keep Jota and Vibe pretty quiet throughout, so it was pretty positive.

The only team I think would give Fulham a fight in the playoffs is Wednesday, Huddersfield and Reading seem to be contriving new ways to be terrible in the last few games.

I was at this game too and Fulham were crap throughout

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Got The Hunger Ted posted:

Huddersfield rested like ten starters though tbf.

I hope they come up because they're OG and I like Wagner.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Reading's entire season has been built on getting results despite looking terrible. Reading have qualified for the payoffs five times, made the final three times, and lost three times (4-3,3-2,4-2) - So history suggest they should make it to Wembley then lose in a high-scoring game. Stam will deliver either a fraught 1-0 win or something like a 1-6 thrashing.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
miwaw

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Epic this

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm sure Smelly Face is happy that his namesake has brought Bolton back up to the Championship.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
we're gonna win 7-0 and stay up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

huddersfield are going to get punished for making 10 changes against birmingham lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone want Bassong on a free? Only 6 relegations

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
RIP Derby, fired their CEO over stuff involving money.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

The EFL has today unveiled iFollow, an innovative digital live streaming and content platform that will revolutionise the way football fans overseas can follow their EFL teams.

iFollow will, for the first time in English football, enable EFL fans based outside the UK and Ireland to watch their team during the regular EFL season. With an estimated 270,000 EFL fans based outside the UK, iFollow will allow clubs to enable their supporters to follow the action wherever they are in the world.

Kicking off at the start of the 2017/18 EFL season, overseas subscribers will pay the equivalent of £110 per season for the service which will provide coverage of up to 46 live games per club. More than 1,500 matches will be available in HD quality, with iFollow showing every EFL league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wow, this is good news. You should be able to enjoy this service indefinitely.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Wow, this is good news. You should be able to enjoy this service indefinitely.

quote:

fans based outside the UK and Ireland

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

idon'tFollow

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

idon'tFollow

Well the original joke was implying I will be able to use the service forever because Norwich are never getting promoted but it doesn't work because I am not outside of the UK and Ireland so I can't use the service anyway I hope that helped

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

Well the original joke was implying I will be able to use the service forever because Norwich are never getting promoted but it doesn't work because I am not outside of the UK and Ireland so I can't use the service anyway I hope that helped

There will probably be more illegal streams for you because this service exists though.

No burn intended

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Blue Star Error posted:

You could use a VPN

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
that just reminded me how much I miss Al Jazeera Sport

being able to watch any match in all of the big European leagues in HD for £9 a month or whatever it was

:(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Yeah I was also doing a joke by referring to the name of the service, iFollow, which I won't be following because it's outside of the UK hence idon'tFollow

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

I can't wait until the EFL are left scratching their heads as to how their £110 service is being beaten by free illegal streams like every other time

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'd have paid that this season to avoid having to rely on poo poo streams, plus it sounds like you'd get games that weren't previously televised at all

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Me too. Ah well

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Predictions for Sunday's outcomes? I'm going with Newcastle champs, Forest down.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd like any of the 3 who can be relegated to go down don't particularly mind which

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Final day in League 2, 6th to 12th currently separated by a point

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Hartlepools going down, Jeff looks devastated.

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 6, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pools no :(

Newport did to them what pools did to chelts in 14/15

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

As it stands Blackburn are going down on goals scored

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Come on Bristol

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Frankston posted:

Come on Bristol

Come on Villa

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Villa you fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I hate you Villa

• Locked thread