Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was checking votefinder and I noticed something.

1001 Games!

I checked the start dates on the 5 currently active games

Chill mafia: 6 months, 1 week ago
The Illustrated Police News: 1 month, 1 week ago (close your game Opop!)
Ravenswood Haunting: 2 weeks, 2 days ago

which brings us to 999.

The two remaining games are an Eccogame and Birb's Archer game.

One was started 1 week, 4 days ago and one was started 1 week, 3 days ago.

Which means that the 1000th votefinder game is....

Congratulations on having the 1000 game, Birb! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My very favourite part of this? If Ecco had started her game slightly earlier, she would have made it.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Did Lumpen volunteer himself for that game?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No we sent him as tribute

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks Asiina for reminding me to close my game on Votefinder before podima tells me off or something

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I just finally got around to beating Antichamber. Good loving game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i keep starting antichamber, getting second gun, and then stopping because the map is too hard for me 2 understand

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

i keep starting antichamber, getting second gun, and then stopping because the map is too hard for me 2 understand
The game really opened up once I realized that rooms with a big square are rooms you haven't found all the exits in yet.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the last time I tried it, I found myself going to the same rooms over and over again, knowing I was missing something, but not having the faintest clue what it was. It's good, but I'm perhaps not the best player for it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MelvintheJerk's book is out

It has nothing to do with mafia but it's good!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Intriguing premise, my interest is piqued

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm about halfway through and enjoying it a lot. He may not have been good at playing or modding but the guy can write

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Masterchef Australia is starting!

I'M SO HYPED!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why would you watch a whole series about bbqing shrimp?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm about halfway through and enjoying it a lot. He may not have been good at playing or modding but the guy can write

That probably explains why he was so bad at modding, he was trying to direct a story rather than set up a game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbD8nsxcd8

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Retro Futurist posted:

not shrimp, prawns

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somberbrero posted:

That probably explains why he was so bad at modding, he was trying to direct a story rather than set up a game.

This is a pretty accurate take, yeah.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

what about halal snack packs

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I just finally got around to beating Antichamber. Good loving game.

Yeah it's pretty great. I need to try other games like it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'd never heard of it but looking it up it looks like it'd be extremely my poo poo

Might have to pick that up

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It may come off like a Portal knockoff but it's far from it, and in fact is very different and clever in its own right. You all owe it to yourselves to give it another go and finish it. It's very rewarding. It's the reason I bought the Talos Principle, and why I want to get The Witness, though I have yet to play the former. I will eventually.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Talos Principle is excellent, A++. I think I might actually rate that higher than Portal, it's super super good.

e: holy poo poo I'd never heard of The Witness either. I really need to up my puzzle game...game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

witness > talos imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

talos has a lot more moments of the game feeling fiddly, when you're not sure if you have the right solution but aren't executing it correctly, or if you're on the wrong track, which is something that's very frustrating!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Portal was an okay game with the most obnoxious meta poo poo and memes spawning from it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Portal was an okay game with the most obnoxious meta poo poo and memes spawning from it
Portal 2 had some legitimately funny moments and lines, and, more to the point, it didn't actually make any reference to the memes infections dead horse torture chambers that sprung up around the first game.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 1, 2017

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

talos has a lot more moments of the game feeling fiddly, when you're not sure if you have the right solution but aren't executing it correctly, or if you're on the wrong track, which is something that's very frustrating!

yeah this is definitely true

One of my favorite part of Talos was going back and finding different solutions to puzzles I had already completed, or finding the intended solution to ones I accidentally did some crazy off the wall approach

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Portal 2 is literally one of the best games ever made imo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

As usual, I agree with MMM.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Weird, I never had this :smuggo:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

As usual, I agree with MMM.

Huh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Huh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huh

Edit: Huh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Buh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

actually no.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Explain

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's not even the best puzzle game therefore not one of the best games ever by definition

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The Ravenswood Haunting ended in a Serial Killer Victory!

If you're the kind of nerd who reads through Mafia games you didn't play in, I think this one would float your boat. The last few days in particular were pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
portal 2 mechanically and design wise is not as good as portal, some of the puzzles are way weaker, and also you can see where valve was starting to get tunnel vision when it comes to how they design stuff. the design is actually too clean in some places, which is odd because there are still sections where you can kinda get lost.

but i think the jokes and story stuff really covers up its flaws and makes it a better game than portal, but its not a landmark game or a testament game like portal